49 replies to this topic

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
VMware install gives me "b0 error"
Somebody I know using the same disk, installed it on his computer (An IBM ThinkSomething) and he gets the b0 error too. (Although a different time he got the one where it starts loading like it had -v but really quickly, then restarts)

so any ideas now?

PS: I still have the ISO... should I try mounting it and doing a VMware install?

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have searched the forums and wiki and I havent found aany good results on howto solve this error. somebody in IRC said to go to the installer and enter "-mount /Volumes/myHardDisk -setBoot" then restart. For some reason in VMware I can't boot to my dvd drive...

anybody know what to do?

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Mount the iso with daemon tools and point VMware to the virtual drive

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
OK, Ill try that.

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Ummm.... when I try to copy the ISO onto my iPod it says the disk is full... I dont think it is read only or anything.... and i have 27GB free.....

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
OK, I've installed to VMware with the virtual disk/iso mount think using CloneCD VirtualDrive. I got the b0 error again. Somebody suggested to use "-mount /Volumes/myharddrive -setBoot" but Now it won't boot to the dvd...

what now?

PS: If there is no obvious answer, or I have to re-download, can I just use the deadmoo image and update/upgrade it with my DVD?

thanks

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
does anybody know?

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Okay,
VMware install gets a b0 error, and will not boot to the DVD or ISO.
Native goes into a continuous loop of beginning to load with -v, but restarts.
What can I do to fix this?

PS: I have download some PPF thing that aparently fixes the b0 error. How do I use this?

DJPrymalInstynct

DJPrymalInstynct

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am in the exact same place as you. I ran through the instructions on how to install in VMware to the T, then when the VM reboots i get a b0 error.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Ok listen, I think my computer is hell bent on not working with OSX86, I mean
1) 2621 Clusters Hang
2) Finally got past installed 10.4.6 / 5, but it would say Missing OS
3) Installed 10.4.3 in Native/VMware worked perfect
4) Finally figured out Missing OS error was due to Active Flag not set properly
5) Installed 10.4.6 again, but in VMWare or Native it just wouldnot boot
6) Finally took my laptops working 10.4.6 install, used drive image to copy it to my empty 40 GB and it worked

SO

1) Install OSX on friends/neighbours comp/laptop where it works perfect.
2) Use Ghost / Drive Image to copy drive.
3) Have fun

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Umm... I havent had this working on a friends computer yet... Can I just install the deadmoo one then update it?

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
I don know maybe. If u can install it on your office comp/school comp/laptop and ghost the drive. Also try to find a fix for the b0 error. I am sure i saw one recently.

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I've fixed the b0 error. I never get that anymore, but this continuous restarting while booting is getting annoying and I cant fix it... so far...

I'm gonna just use the deadmoo image

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
I finally fixed all my errors. All stuff which used to happen, by simply using the JaS 10.4.6 Install DVD. Works perfect-o.

JaS dude U R THE MAN!!!!! (I know its a bit late...................but wat the heck)

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Ok, I booted linux to try and just use the deadmoo image, but when I try mounting my hard disk it says i need to specify teh filesystem....
what do i do?

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
wht

dood look i made this guide sometime back for the deadmoo image, using windows, give it a go

http://forum.osx86pr...pe=post&id=2687

or go to the genius bar and there is a thread called "[HOW TO] Get past 'Still waiting for root device errors'"

I have posted a guide for the deadmoo there too. Check it out

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Ok I used your n00b guide and it kinda worked. When I got to the making partitions bit, although I have around 60GB of unallocated space, it would only let me make one partiton, so I made the 6GB one.

Once the dd'ing was finished and i put chain0 in the D:/ drive (D is where windows is installed to) when i rebooted, i selected mac osx86 to see if it worked and it complain that some file (hal.ddl or something?) wasn't there... it seemed to think it was a windows OS. When I booted back to my windows partition it did that same.

I have this bootable windows disk thingy, so I could boot to that which has a command promt and file browser... and I have a bootable version of partitionmagic and gparted.

Thanks

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Alright, looks like that tutorial stuffed up my pc. It wont boot to Windows or OS X, and it looks like it's whiped my Windows partition. Thanks.

I'm just gonna re-download an install dvd. I'm not even going to Dual Boot I'll only use OS X. (well, it depends if I can recover my stuff or not)

Thank you very much.

Wuzzie

Wuzzie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Ok, So I've re-installed XP and I have my files back, but the original installation still doesn't work, and I can't boot to it in safe mode. I tried giving it a new hal.dll (from this fresh installation of windows) and it still cried about it...

Any ideas?

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Do a repair form the CD. Last resort, boot with some rescue CD, rename Windows, Program Files and Documents and Settings. Now do a fresh install. YOu should have full access to your windows files.

As far as OSX is concerned, i think you would rather forget about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy