"Using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 Cluster" hang

Wuzzie

50 posts in this topic

Boot with the DVD press F8 and type in -v -x platform=X86PC.

If it hangs at

"Using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 Clusters buffer headers ......."

1) Boot into windows

2) Goto Run -> CMD

3) Type 'diskpart' Press Enter

4) Type in select disk 0

5) Type 'create partition primary id=af'

6) Try installing again

Note This will create a mac partition on your Windows machine. For this u must have some unallocated space and Less than 3 Primary partitions.

Unstable Connection - you are a genius! Thanks so much, I have got a lot further this time but when I get to select a destination, nothing shows up... can I use the disk utility to fix that up or use the command back in windows?

thanks again :)

EDIT: I loaded disk utility and i made a working partition. Its now checking the disk - 33% I'll tell you if anything goes wrong. Thanks again

There was a problem checking your disc

Please restart your computer, eject the disc, and check for

fingerprints or scratches. If this problem persists, contact

Customer Support.

Ignore & Continue | Cancel Install

So what now? It was at about 50% checking the disk... the md5 does not match what it should be though..... should I ignore?

An other update - I got an error saying "there wree errors installing the software - Pease try installing again."

I'll try again and see what happens.

My disk checks out fine. Try instaling none the less. Just de select printer and language and other unneccesary {censored}. Who knows if it cant read some stupid french file. Neway, better solution

1) buy a dvdrw

2) Burn image on that ( or try patching again, i had to do it three times)

3) Mark dvdrw bought for Mac installs as PRIVATE STASH (they get scratched easy)

I didn't get any of step 3.... explain it for a n00b please :)

Oh, also for some reason (even when using -v -x platform=X86PC) I get an error before the language selection... this is the same one that i got before i was using -v -x platform=X86PC... any ideas?

See DVD RW's are very susceptable to scratches, so keep one DVDRW safe and only for OSX86 use. This way you wont have boot problems due to scratched cd/dvd.

Also if it boots be happy.

Wht error u getting

hey i tried again using -x and nothing else and it worked! I didn't install languages, printer drivers, X11, etc. but i did install the pacthes. Anyway it completed the installation, it got to the bit where it restarts.

When it restarted, it tried to boot to the install dvd again so i took it out and restarted. this time it booted to a similar looking darwin thingy, waited ten seconds then really quickly went through lines of loading... stuff.

It goes through these lines for less than a minute then restarts. if i press anything it lets me select a partition. It lists Tiger HD (where I installed OS X), an ntfs partition (which it refuses to boot to, it has no OS on it anyway) and Apple HFS or something (it says it couldn't load boot.plist or something)

so... what should I do now?

Thanks.

PS: For some reason my screen has gone all fuzzy/blurry. I havent tested with a different monitor, but it is blurry in darwin, the bios, etc. so i dont know if osx caused it. My screen is a CRT, if that helps.

Thanks again.

I would recommend u do one of these

1) Install VMware -> Native method.

2) Install OSX on your HDD at a friends computer and put ur drive back in your computer.

BTW Do a degauss on ur CRT

I think i recall doing a degaus, and it didn't work.

I'll reinstall using VMware this weekend or earlier if I can.

thanks for all your help :)

I think i recall doing a degaus, and it didn't work.

I'll reinstall using VMware this weekend or earlier if I can.

thanks for all your help :)

VMware install gives me "b0 error"

Somebody I know using the same disk, installed it on his computer (An IBM ThinkSomething) and he gets the b0 error too. (Although a different time he got the one where it starts loading like it had -v but really quickly, then restarts)

so any ideas now?

PS: I still have the ISO... should I try mounting it and doing a VMware install?

I have searched the forums and wiki and I havent found aany good results on howto solve this error. somebody in IRC said to go to the installer and enter "-mount /Volumes/myHardDisk -setBoot" then restart. For some reason in VMware I can't boot to my dvd drive...

anybody know what to do?