Best laptop for running OSX x86

64 posts in this topic

a Apple PowerBook

Again no smartass answers wanted or welcome.

I customized one from Cyber Power (http://www.cyberpowerinc.com). It works great. 256mg ati x1600 video (qe and ci fully supported and working.) Sound is working and I put in an Atheros wifi minipci card and thats working. So it works well.

Need Model numbers. Please from now on people if you going to say you notebook works great give FULL SPECS AND MODEL NUMBER. Thanks.

JCMA90 stop being a {censored} head. Or at the least try and be a little less stupid. Can you do that?

xeniczone you aren't that much better. At least the other guy was a little original. You're just sad. Both of you.

This thread could have potential benefits to all. So stop messing it up.

Good luck Asoulintime1982. B)

Guest xeniczone
Again no smartass answers wanted or welcome.

Who said it was a smart ass answer f***up. You asked for the best so I gave it to you. You don't have to hack it to make mac run on it. You don't have to worry about f***ed up hardware and you don't have to worry about apple coming down on you for using a illegal version of mac. So dumb ass their is your answer a powerbook is the best to run it on.

not really sure about being the "best" laptop for osx but everything pretty much works on a dell inspiron 5100 (no QE/CI only). I'd qualify it as a best budget laptop for osx.

--also i'd agree with you that a macbook pro is a smart assenine answer B)

not really sure about being the "best" laptop for osx but everything pretty much works on a dell inspiron 5100 (no QE/CI only). I'd qualify it as a best budget laptop for osx.

Check out this laptop here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...ic=12989&hl=83v

I have it running great, and put all the details on the thread, step by step, etc.. B)

Any ques, just let me know

no QE/CI only??

Who said it was a smart ass answer f***up. You asked for the best so I gave it to you. You don't have to hack it to make mac run on it. You don't have to worry about f***ed up hardware and you don't have to worry about apple coming down on you for using a illegal version of mac. So dumb ass their is your answer a powerbook is the best to run it on.

DUDE your in the wrong forums so now stop thread craping and leave.

Check out this laptop here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...ic=12989&hl=83v

I have it running great, and put all the details on the thread, step by step, etc.. :)

Any ques, just let me know

Thanks but I am looking for a more low end sulution. Your notebook base is $1400 at c9tech. But this is a start other should fallow this and not suggest Apple made products.

Asoulintime1982, my specs:

AMD Turion64 mt-40

2gig ram

256meg video card (ati x1600)

60gig 7200rpm drive

15.4 inch wxga

I love it (got it a week ago.) Total after shipping was $1447

Mine ar enot far from yours

Asus Z92Km | 15.4" WXGA | NVidia GeForce 7300go 64MB Dedicated, 256MB Turbo Cache | AMD Turion MT-34 (1.8GHz Lancaster) | Kingston 2024 MB DDR-333 RAM | Western Digital Scorpio 100GB HD 8MB Cache | Lite-On 8x DVD±RW Dual Layer | Cisco Aironet 350 MPI350

But OSX doe snot work right on my system I have no sound no wireless and the res is stuck in 1024x768

I was able to get the sound to work by editing the AppleAzalia kext's info.plist and adding in my id. The ATI SB450 based motherboard in mine used realtek hd audio, that driver supports it great.

The wireless built in is the intel 2195 so it isnt supported but my new wireless minipci card should be in tomorrow. Its an Atheros card so it should work well.

try here

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...0.4.5/Portables

a list of what works and what does not

if you want a cheap one watch slickdeals.net

I have a 1405 that will be here tomorrow

they had the cheap Inspiron 1300 for 341 $ last week (intel 900 video)

if you buy one dont upgrade wireless, you want the cheap dell wireless 1370

sound does not work on almost all of them, sigmatel chips are not fixed/supported yet

You probably want to get one with the intel 950 video, I believe 10.4.6 broke the 900 video

Guest xeniczone

I'm the retart. wow. Your trying to illegaly run Mac OS X on a Machine that doesn't even support it. And is really out of date.

Apple PowerBook is the best laptop to run it on. It is up-to-date runs a intel core duo, and simple to install mac os x on. First you get the disk put it in the drive and hold "c" till it starts the install. No messing with the mess up {censored} of 2 hard drives download this iso fix and bla bla bla {censored}.

You asked for the best one I gave it to you. If you really have a problem with that I'm sorry for your stupidity, and if you don't already own a laptop then why are you trying to buy one then try something you don't even know will fully work on it? When you buy a powerbook you know your supporting Apple. Your legally obtaining a Mac OS X cd. You know you can run XP on it using boot camp. And hell you know your getting a great support service not a bunch of geeks on a forums trying to help you do something not really even worth while.

So I guess your the real {censored} head here.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...nclm=MacBookPro

Might do you some good to look at that link