easyBCD no longer loading

3 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Well, I think I may have figured it out. Need to flag windows 7 as the active partition, then boot windows 7 and run easbcd. That should do it, I'll let you folk know if it works.

Hey guys, here is the rundown pretty quick. I originally had vanilla leo on a GUID table with chameleon, installed windows 7 on the same disk (still GUID), and then used easyBCD to manage the dual boot. Sweet, simple, and worked.

Well, I recently updated to Chameleon v10, and it ruined it all. I was able to boot Leo with grubdfe and get it loading again. Problem is, is that I can't get back into my windows 7 side. The windows install disk can find drive "C" but it won't load drivers to repair any sort of errors. Essentially, windows 7 is all there, I just can't boot into it! Any ideas/help would be grateful. I don't have much on windows, just emulators but don't want to go through the process of re-installing it. Also, if this thread should be in a better place, mods please move! Thanks a bunch bros.

Lol, all you need to do for pcEFI v10 is keep the installed chameleon 2 and put the new boot file on your leopard harddrive :(

Yeah, everything is sooo easy if you understand it/once you get it. If only women and cars were this easy, lol.