HP mini 1000 Ports not working

2 posts in this topic

I got a HP mini 1000 (Nine inch) :( and got it working for a while with ports working (I installed it using a external DVD drive) Anyway so I got most things to work but then I restarted one time then it took forever to start (Which it never did I let it start for about 30mins FYI i saw the apple and the spiny thing) Then after that I held down the power switch and tried booting using the external DVD drive but the DVD drive did not start spinning the disk in fact no power was going to it! :mellow: Sob... I tried flash drives and it still would read/power them :) So does anyone have any ideas of what to do plz help! Thanks :)

• 1 month later...
I got a HP mini 1000 (Nine inch) :o and got it working for a while with ports working (I installed it using a external DVD drive) Anyway so I got most things to work but then I restarted one time then it took forever to start (Which it never did I let it start for about 30mins FYI i saw the apple and the spiny thing) Then after that I held down the power switch and tried booting using the external DVD drive but the DVD drive did not start spinning the disk in fact no power was going to it! :) Sob... I tried flash drives and it still would read/power them :censored2: So does anyone have any ideas of what to do plz help! Thanks :(

yea my HP mini 1030NR does that sometimes. just completely power off the drive and computer for a few minutes, then try again. if you think its the drive try it on a different computer and see if it reads any disc.

if it does work,

Try booting the install disk with the -v -x commands.

that will make it boot verbose (which wil be all text like) (and safe mode)

if it still doesnt work let me know