[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.5.7 with Chameleon v2 RC2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (Optional update to 10.5.8)

blackosx

511 posts in this topic

Sounds like that's no different anyway. It probably doesn't make any difference. Just came across Bart86 talking about the Ethernet efi string fixing TM too, but for the GA-EP45-UD3R http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p=1176748 so it seems like I was on the right track. He also mentions UIinstaller to create the combined efi string, maybe that's easier than efi studio.

Thanks for following up on this.. and for posting the verification of the Ethernet efi string working for another Gigabyte mobo.

We just need to hear from the guys here who had the time machine problem and have tried your fix. :P

ZenGiga

Thanks to the link to Bart86's guide. It looks really good and there is some common ground between the UD3P's and the DS3L's requirements and fixes. I will need to have a proper look in to this when I get some time.

Worked like a charm on my P35-DS3L. I had to use NVInject to fix the video and get my 2 monitors working as the hex string didnt seem to get it working properly.

I have but one issue with it right now, restart seems to work, it shuts down screen goes black, but won't reboot. Any idea?

Worked like a charm on my P35-DS3L. I had to use NVInject to fix the video and get my 2 monitors working as the hex string didnt seem to get it working properly.

I have but one issue with it right now, restart seems to work, it shuts down screen goes black, but won't reboot. Any idea?

Hi Subnet192

Thanks for trying this guide and reporting it works for the P35-DS3L. But I don't have the P35-DS3L so I can't really help too much. When I was putting this guide together, OpenHaltRestart was the only way I could get sleep, shutdown & restart working from Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions folder....

When I was putting this guide together, OpenHaltRestart was the only way I could get sleep, shutdown & restart working from Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions folder....

And it was. Except I just tried to sleep this lunchtime and it didn't come back. Wonder what I did :D

Maybe vmware kexts messing things up. Goes to search.

And it was. Except I just tried to sleep this lunchtime and it didn't come back. Wonder what I did :D

Maybe vmware kexts messing things up. Goes to search.

You could always put your time machine backup to use? ;) (Sorry, bad joke)

Thanks ZenGiga and Blackosx

Now Time Machine is working!

Method ZenGiga

Now i have three port Firewire in PCI card ..

i think is necessary the same way to add the 2d and 3rd port to work ;)

You could always put your time machine backup to use? ;)

LOL - but I didn't backup until after I installed vmware (seems there are reports of sleep breakage on P35-DS3L with vmare).

Have uninstalled vmware and gone back to virtualbox =D

Thanks ZenGiga and Blackosx

Now Time Machine is working!

Method ZenGiga

Now i have three port Firewire in PCI card ..

i think is necessary the same way to add the 2d and 3rd port to work ;)

Very good news !!!

I'm waiting until I reach home again to test Zengiga's method !!! ;)

just completely re-installed OSX with the 10.5.7 update and included ZenGia's ethernet fix...happy to report Time Machine is now working.

Thanks for reporting back robotfactory. Well done. :D

Same here. Had the issue on my P35-DS3L and the merge of the two hex strings fixed it. I also found a typo in my plist file (missing the < before /string>) so maybe I didnt need the nvinject... Not reinstalling to find out :hysterical: )

Time Machine is working with the ZenGiga Method yeah!

Thanks a lot!

Now to fix my reboot issue... Shutdown works A1 though.. odd...

Does your sleep now work?

Nope. I seem to be back to sleep causes shutdown. Well, certainly I have to press the power button to start again, and it just boots as normal. I swear sleep was working though.

Also played with that deep sleep widget. It's possible that's changed something. About to reread the docs that come with it.

Same here. Had the issue on my P35-DS3L and the merge of the two hex strings fixed it. I also found a typo in my plist file (missing the < before /string>) so maybe I didnt need the nvinject... Not reinstalling to find out :) )

Time Machine is working with the ZenGiga Method yeah!

Thanks a lot!

Now to fix my reboot issue... Shutdown works A1 though.. odd...

Great that it works on your P35-DS3L too. These Gigabyte boards aren't that different in some cases. :)

Thanks for posting

Nope. I seem to be back to sleep causes shutdown. Well, certainly I have to press the power button to start again, and it just boots as normal. I swear sleep was working though.

Also played with that deep sleep widget. It's possible that's changed something. About to reread the docs that come with it.

The Deep Sleep has stopped working due to a bug in the current version of Chameleon v2 that fails to load the sleepimage. It's due to be fixed in the next release.

The Deep Sleep has stopped working due to a bug in the current version of Chameleon v2 that fails to load the sleepimage.

I've made sure I completely removed the deep sleep widget, not sure how it's left things.

pmset -g | grep hibernatemode

tells me:

hibernatemode 0

Can someone with working sleep take a look at tell me what they have?

0 is the default mac sleep mode.

1 is deep sleep

3 is safe sleep, apparently default on powerbook HD and later, I'm thinking it ought to be 3 on a hackintosh, not 0.

hybernate return 0 me too

Active Profiles:
AC Power		2*
Currently in use:
sleep		10
displaysleep	10
autorestart	0
hibernatefile	/var/vm/sleepimage
hibernatemode	0
powerbutton	1
womp		1
disksleep	10
ttyskeepawake	1

Hmm. Another idea down the pan :)

Cheers anyway :)

It's not the most technical solution, but have you a backup install to compare with? or if not, for the sake of 25 minutes, you could always do a fresh install to the backup partition?

Is anyone using PATA (IDE) Disk drives?

No, I am using SATA. But will it work with IDE, I don't know? Sorry not to be more helpful danaurel. :blink:

(I only know what I have learnt from using my setup)

a couple of quick noob questions: in regards to the sata optical drive requirement- is there a workaround to accomodate an ide-based optical drive? additionally, for the usb keyboard/mouse requirement- will a bluetooth set work? thanks for any help

a couple of quick noob questions: in regards to the sata optical drive requirement- is there a workaround to accomodate an ide-based optical drive? additionally, for the usb keyboard/mouse requirement- will a bluetooth set work? thanks for any help

Hi xtwo

I am not sure if an ide-based optical drive will work. When I built my PC for a hackintosh I was recommended to get SATA, and I have built my guide around that. But if anybody knows any better then please post here.

As for a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, they should work with Mac OS X fine, but you will have a problem with Chameleon as it doesn't contain drivers to enable bluetooth so you won't be able to select any options. But if you only want to run OS X and won't need to press any buttons within Chameleon then you might be able to get away with it. But I would recommend having a USB keyboard & mouse for at least the setup process.