• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Wellmedia

Wellmedia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to (posting) on the forum, and have since succesfully set up OSx86 on my i7 thanks in part to the information here.

I've been thinking it would be nice to access my computer (Since I will be leaving it on most of the time) from outside my home office, and I was considering finding a cheap Atom Netbook, hackintoshing that and running some sort of VPN configuration to do just that.

Essentially, I'd like an effective method of screen-sharing/file-sharing with administrative access from a WAN accesspoint.

Any information to get the ball rolling (Links, articles etc.,) you may have for me on creating an effective VPN network would be greatly appreciated.

All computers will run 10.5.7 or later, the tower is wired.

Thanks in advance

Suprjacob

Suprjacob

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
I have no idea, the only VPN service I have ever used was Hamachi.

Btw, if you're looking for a cheap netbook, the MSI Wind rules. I'm saving up for one :D

daclothe

daclothe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hamachi is a great free tool, but getting the tun/tap drivers working in OS X aren't nearly as easy as they are in windows.

There's HamachiX or you can run from command line if you want to be adventurous. Lifehacker had a writeup on the terminal commands about a year or two ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy