No replies to this topic

Aviv Giladi

Aviv Giladi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

I'm writing a process-controller kernel extension for leopard. The application enables me to suspend process's with SIGSUS and to make the computer sleep. My problem is when an application that uses video / audio (e.g iTunes or GarageBand) is suspended and then I try to make the computer sleep, he sleep process waits on the audio / video application to end with a timeout of 30 seconds. In reality, when i try to put the computer in to sleep when an audio / video application is suspended, the computer hangs for 30 seconds (probably the suspended application is not responding to the sleep request) and then it sleeps normally. When I put the computer out of sleep and send SIGCON to the video / audio application, it continues normally.
Is there a way to change that 30 sec wait time out? Or to make it not wait at all? Or any ohter solution?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy