HP Mini 1000 FULL Install w/ iATKOS v7 10.5.7 Fully Working!

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

ffyter

ffyter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am having the same wireless problem. I tried your kexts, but they did not work. According to windows ( http://yfrog.com/5hdriverp ) i have the Broadcom 4315, which is included in the kest info.plist .. Im not sure where the problem is..

I have the 1030 and I toggled the switch one time when I saw the HP logo at startup and my wifi is now working. The light stays orange but now airport starts everytime when I boot up.

Anyone know how to get sleep working on this? When it automatically goes to sleep (timed) it only shuts off the screen and the hard disk stays on. When you force it to go to sleep it keeps waking up with an audible speaker pop.

Nick

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I have the 1030 and I toggled the switch one time when I saw the HP logo at startup and my wifi is now working. The light stays orange but now airport starts everytime when I boot up.

Anyone know how to get sleep working on this? When it automatically goes to sleep (timed) it only shuts off the screen and the hard disk stays on. When you force it to go to sleep it keeps waking up with an audible speaker pop.

Nick

sleep is not working as of yet, and I'm happy someone listened when I said toggle the switch.
I'm happy to hear you got your wifi working =)

as for people having issues with chameleon the version I have running is v2.0 r431
Build date: 2009-04-01 15:17:35

so if your not running that version I dont know what to tell you...
I do not get a menu like the one posted in the pic on the page before this on.

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Speaking for myself, I do not get that strange 'video selection' window, and I was curious to know how to invoke it (?). I am proceeding with my experiment to try iDeneb 1.3 instead, but just before doing so I noticed something on my iAtkos boot screen: I think it said Chameleon '2.0' -- not '2.1'. Is this significant? I was definitely using iAtkos v7, so was this version of Chameleon within my control?

At the boot screen you can type ?video to get the video mode screen. Or if you have the chameleon gui you press any key to stop the auto boot, then press the down arrow to get some advanced boot options, including video mode.

ffyter

ffyter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

sleep is not working as of yet, and I'm happy someone listened when I said toggle the switch.
I'm happy to hear you got your wifi working =)

as for people having issues with chameleon the version I have running is v2.0 r431
Build date: 2009-04-01 15:17:35

so if your not running that version I dont know what to tell you...
I do not get a menu like the one posted in the pic on the page before this on.

I got sleep working by installing the below kexts and then repairing permissions. Closing puts mine all the way too sleep. Selecting it from the apple menu also works. Function F1 works too. To wake up just touch the keyboard. Automatic sleep only does the display.

Edit....Sleep does in fact work fully for me even automatic

Attached Files

apollo4789

apollo4789

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone,

Just got a mini 1030nr and I was wondering, if I try this and it goes to hell, is there anyway i can reload windows or something else back on to it?

Thanks

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hey everyone,
Just got a mini 1030nr and I was wondering, if I try this and it goes to hell, is there anyway i can reload windows or something else back on to it?

Thanks

Yes, Ive done it about 5 or so times now. Just put in windows dvd, press f9 at boot, choose your usb dvd drive.

Darren Enns

Darren Enns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Yes, Ive done it about 5 or so times now. Just put in windows dvd, press f9 at boot, choose your usb dvd drive.

Speaking of this, I could mention that *somehow* my dabbling in this stuff resulted in *not* being able to get back to a booting/working XP, after toasting my iAtkos install, and then running the XP 'recovery console' commands like 'fixboot' and 'fixmbr', which I assumed would work just fine. Perhaps with a bit more patience I would have found the answer, but instead I decided to *re-install* XP. However, for some reason I was 'too far gone'. Long story short: I proceeded with my install of a distribution of Linux, which then nicely provided a dual-boot option to my partially-installed XP session, which I then was able to complete. Ack!

Bottom line: I wonder what the *correct* method is to stop Chameleon dual-boot between iAtkos and XP, and return back to a clean/simple XP-only laptop?

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Speaking of this, I could mention that *somehow* my dabbling in this stuff resulted in *not* being able to get back to a booting/working XP, after toasting my iAtkos install, and then running the XP 'recovery console' commands like 'fixboot' and 'fixmbr', which I assumed would work just fine. Perhaps with a bit more patience I would have found the answer, but instead I decided to *re-install* XP. However, for some reason I was 'too far gone'. Long story short: I proceeded with my install of a distribution of Linux, which then nicely provided a dual-boot option to my partially-installed XP session, which I then was able to complete. Ack!

Bottom line: I wonder what the *correct* method is to stop Chameleon dual-boot between iAtkos and XP, and return back to a clean/simple XP-only laptop?

Using the bootable partition manager of your choice, I would delete the mac partition, and expand the xp partition. Then run xp recovery.

Darren Enns

Darren Enns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Using the bootable partition manager of your choice, I would delete the mac partition, and expand the xp partition. Then run xp recovery.

Hmmm...except for re-partitioning/deleting/enlarging, the odd thing for me was that 'xp recovery' simply did not work :( I probably did something silly, but I don't know what it was...

The good news is that I found that Linux Mint 7 seems to work very well, detected wireless immediately, but had some trouble with sound that I was able to solve after about 30 minutes. I would still very much like to try the 'mac' thing -- but I am waiting for:

- someone with the same iAtkos problem as me to figure out the mystery :(
or
- for me to get an 8gb+ USB key so that I can try iDeneb (I burned a healthy DVD, but for some reason my external DVD drive dies at the 99% verified state for the DVD)

I still have a 20gb mac partition waiting for some good news! :)

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I got sleep working by installing the below kexts and then repairing permissions. Closing puts mine all the way too sleep. Selecting it from the apple menu also works. Function F1 works too. To wake up just touch the keyboard. Automatic sleep only does the display.

Very nice thanx for the upload!
So the only thing not working to date for the Mini is the mic.
other then that this is a fully working OS X installation =)

wipe the mbr and xp would have booted just fine

Hmmm...except for re-partitioning/deleting/enlarging, the odd thing for me was that 'xp recovery' simply did not work :( I probably did something silly, but I don't know what it was...

The good news is that I found that Linux Mint 7 seems to work very well, detected wireless immediately, but had some trouble with sound that I was able to solve after about 30 minutes. I would still very much like to try the 'mac' thing -- but I am waiting for:

- someone with the same iAtkos problem as me to figure out the mystery :(
or
- for me to get an 8gb+ USB key so that I can try iDeneb (I burned a healthy DVD, but for some reason my external DVD drive dies at the 99% verified state for the DVD)

I still have a 20gb mac partition waiting for some good news! :)

Easiest way to install any flavor of OS X is use a Flash Drive! I dont know how many times I have to say this, the dvds dont always burn correctly and depending on what app your using to burn the iso form windows and totally screw up the image up and its worthless... If some of you are having a hard time installing iATKOS v7 with this guid and consider iDeneb I cant wait to see the questions fly after attemtpting the iDeneb 1.3 install then upgrading to 10.5.6 and then to 10.5.7, this is by far the most streight forward way to get OS X working on the Mini.

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Could my problems be because I am on F.06 F bios? Do you know where I can get v5?

Darren Enns

Darren Enns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Could my problems be because I am on F.06 F bios? Do you know where I can get v5?

http://h10025.www1.h...product=3832534

I am confused -- there is no F.06 listed (I myself had F.03).

This is where I got F.13 (F.14 was also listed, but the link was bad at the time). Don't the FAQs always recommend the *latest* bios versions -- so why go back to an even older one? However, yes, I was wondering myself if the bios version was affecting my success -- which is why I posted it, in case that got a comparison going...

Easiest way to install any flavor of OS X is use a Flash Drive! I dont know how many times I have to say this, the dvds dont always burn correctly and depending on what app your using to burn the iso form windows and totally screw up the image up and its worthless...

I certainly agree with you that a USB stick (solid-state media) has a lot more going for it than a DVD burn (spinning mechanical disk). However, at least in my case, iAtkos burned 100% correctly -- and passed the built-in media check -- which is why I am not holding much hope that doing a test install from a USB stick will result in success re: wireless all on its own :)

Anyways, I certainly appreciate yours and others efforts in this venture -- I just wish that I had the same 'out-of-the-box' success that some of you have had.

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Anyways, I certainly appreciate yours and others efforts in this venture -- I just wish that I had the same 'out-of-the-box' success that some of you have had.

I'll have to go back and check my bios version - not sure if the 1010NR would have the same bios as the other HP mini 1000 series or not. But if it can help you in getting a successful install on your mini, I'm more than willing to check it next time i start it up. :)

sidobey

sidobey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi l have a hp qompac mini 700 everything work perfect but mic dosnt work  cant use mic with msn.is there any solution for mic please help mi.

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

http://h10025.www1.h...product=3832534

I am confused -- there is no F.06 listed (I myself had F.03).

This is where I got F.13 (F.14 was also listed, but the link was bad at the time). Don't the FAQs always recommend the *latest* bios versions -- so why go back to an even older one? However, yes, I was wondering myself if the bios version was affecting my success -- which is why I posted it, in case that got a comparison going...
I certainly agree with you that a USB stick (solid-state media) has a lot more going for it than a DVD burn (spinning mechanical disk). However, at least in my case, iAtkos burned 100% correctly -- and passed the built-in media check -- which is why I am not holding much hope that doing a test install from a USB stick will result in success re: wireless all on its own :)

I found the v5 bios but that did not work either.
http://h10025.www1.h...product=3979280

shihkster

shihkster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
do any of you know if this works with eeepc 1000h???

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

hi l have a hp qompac mini 700 everything work perfect but mic dosnt work  cant use mic with msn.is there any solution for mic please help mi.

there is no soultion for mic yet.

ad for the BIOS version I have the latest one running on the Mini so just update to newest bios F14
heres the link

http://h10025.www1.h...r...228&lang=en

gasman2003

gasman2003

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i have a compaq mini 702ea. i have read all the guides for installing mac osx. I agree the iAtkos v7 is the easiest.
I want to be able to install windows 7 / Mac OS X / MIE (linux) . i am not clear as to how to format my hard drive.
I was wondering if there is a "best strategy" for partitioning the 60gb hard drive. How do i go about that?
How much space do i allocate for each ? what type of format for each system to allow access from within any o/s?
Which bootloader is best? What software should i use for partitioning the hard drive?

thanks in advance.

Darren Enns

Darren Enns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

i have a compaq mini 702ea. i have read all the guides for installing mac osx. I agree the iAtkos v7 is the easiest.
I want to be able to install windows 7 / Mac OS X / MIE (linux) . i am not clear as to how to format my hard drive.

I am just a newbie in this discussion myself but...

I was wondering if there is a "best strategy" for partitioning the 60gb hard drive. How do i go about that? How much space do i allocate for each ?

I have personally had a lot more experience with Linux than with Windows, and almost none at all with MacOSX, but I think that this depends on two factors:

- minimal space to properly run each OS
- which OS to 'favor' for extra disk space

The 'easiest' suggestion is to simply divide your 60gb drive into 3 pieces of 20gb each (or maybe 4, since that is the limit to the number of 'physical' partitions that you can have). That is basically what I did with my 60gb drive -- I had gotten the impression that OSX needed at *least* 15gb, so I gave it 20gb. I do not know what the minimum is for Win7.

what type of format for each system to allow access from within any o/s?

I know that 'ntfs' is standard for WinXP, but I don't know about Win7. For OSX, using 'Disk Tools' you have to reformat anyways to HFS+ (right?). For Linux, 'ext3' is a good choice for regular disk drives (I have not tried the newer 'ext4' myself yet). Linux distributions typically let you re-partition and re-format anyways.

Which bootloader is best? What software should i use for partitioning the hard drive?

From my limited time in this 'OSX' experiment, it looks like the choice of the bootloader is taken out of your hands (at least I didn't appear to have any choice when I tried both iAtkos and iDeneb). In the end, for me, since Linux was intentionally the 3rd OS that I installed, I wanted 'grub' to be the final installed bootloader so that it could boot each of the others. In my case, it did not automatically add an entry for OSX, but it was trivially easy for me to do that myself after the fact.

EDIT: Most Linux distributions come with a GUI tool named 'GParted', which makes it quite easy to re-partition a computer hard drive -- including the ability to shrink an NTFS partition (i.e. for WinXP -- for Win7 I think that more issues are involved, so be careful).

gasman2003

gasman2003

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
[quote name='Darren Enns' date='Aug 3 2009, 11:38 PM' post='1216372']

thankyou Darren Enns for your quick response. i would of replied earlier had i not been on a night shift and afterwards got some sleep.

a few more questions, is there a specific order i should install the different o/s and since you have more experience in the Linux field which linux distro is best. And will i be able to use gparted if i install xp then mac osx then linux.

thanks once again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy