HP Mini 1000 FULL Install w/ iATKOS v7 10.5.7 Fully Working!

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

this is for the BCM43XX just use OSXTools to install it.
Let me know if it works for you.

Mirror:
http://rapidshare.co...x.kext.zip.html

didn't work, for me at least :/

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

didn't work, for me at least :/

Whats your full model # (ex: 110-1025dx)

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I have the 4315 also and mine works perfectly so I dont know whats up with yours =(
When you did the install you only selected the BCM43xx kext right?
Also can you guys post a screen shot of your network setting for me so I can see if Airport is even listed, and if your lan card is listed as well.

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey aboshi neither airport nor LAN is working and I also discovered today that the camera is not in operation. I'm going to try deleting the kext and reinstalling it when I gt bk home

Btw me and mike both have the up 110-1030NR model

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hey aboshi neither airport nor LAN is working and I also discovered today that the camera is not in operation. I'm going to try deleting the kext and reinstalling it when I gt bk home

Btw me and mike both have the up 110-1030NR model

then you are defiantly having issues =( the webcam should work out the box and you dont need to select any kexts to get the lan working, only the BCM43xx to get wireless working.

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

then you are defiantly having issues =( the webcam should work out the box and you dont need to select any kexts to get the lan working, only the BCM43xx to get wireless working.

My lan card doesnt work either.. Havent tried webcam.. Is there anyway to check to see what kexts are loaded?

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

My lan card doesnt work either.. Havent tried webcam.. Is there anyway to check to see what kexts are loaded?

System/Library/Extensions

Every one of those kexts are loaded

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yups! thats correct!
I uninstalled the wifi ktext and reinstalled it and it still doesnt work >.<

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i officially have no idea why my hp mini won't get wifi =(
I've tried updating the kext and even different sources of the iatkos image.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
This is frustrating.

Darren Enns

Darren Enns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys, I have been lurking a few days, excited about trying iatkos v7 on my brand-new 1035NR. Sadly, like some others, everything works fine *except* for no network connectivity i.e. wired or wireless. Today, I even upgraded the BIOS from F.03 to F.13 or so -- but no change. I am tempted to try iDeneb, even though it doesn't look so easy. By the time I installed iatkos, however, I had already upgraded to 2GB instead of the standard 1GB -- hopefully this doesn't change the success factor?

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
do you guys have your mini plugged into the wall when doing the install?
I know that when you install winblows if you dont it wont pick up the lan card.
and if your all have some strange issues it has to be something your doing because even for the post above we have the same exact hardware and I can get it running without a hitch. Can you guys post screen shots from start to finish of your install including what kexts your selecting at install time.

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Im trying this guide right now. http://myhpmini.com/...php?f=17&t=1445 <- I know were not supposed to link to outside tutorials, but since aboshi posts on that board dont ban me?

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
you can use iDeneb 1.3 also but your gonna have a pain in the ass time if you mess anything up at all to get to 10.5.7 thats exactly why I used iAKTOS v7

Darren Enns

Darren Enns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

do you guys have your mini plugged into the wall when doing the install?
I know that when you install winblows if you dont it wont pick up the lan card.
and if your all have some strange issues it has to be something your doing because even for the post above we have the same exact hardware and I can get it running without a hitch. Can you guys post screen shots from start to finish of your install including what kexts your selecting at install time.

Hi, the newbie lurker here...I followed the instructions exactly (?) as listed in message #1 of this posting, starting from the section "Installing OS X", including just/only the options that you suggested there -- one would think that selecting "BCM43XX" kext would do the trick, but for whatever reason it does not. EDIT: Are there any 'ethernet' options that could be selected at that time to insure that at least 'wired' internet was available upon completion? I notice that the instructions don't mention that section...

I had my new 1035NR plugged in the whole time (I don't trust the battery yet). I have done the install a few times now, including getting the annoying music track while going through the 'registration' screens (no way to control the volume using the keys at that time?).

Another thing I noticed -- stealing an idea from the iDeneb instructions -- was to turn the wifi switch off and on again to see if that makes a difference. Ack! It turns off (orange) but there doesn't seem to be any way to turn it back on (blue) again. It might be my imagination, but that funky status seemed to carry over when I dual-booted back into XP (!)...

I am not quite sure what I am 'looking for' re: working wifi/ethernet, but both the 'Apple Airport' and 'Bluetooth' devices are 'off' and there doesn't seem to be any way to turn them 'on'.

I am afraid that this is all 'greek' to me -- I know my way around Linux pretty well, but this Mac stuff is alien to me :(

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
stopped iDeneb install due to low resolution again.. =/

I also was plugged in.

@aboshi: can you show me what happens on your mini when you dont let it autoboot and you choose "video info" from this screen http://yfrog.com/3aphoto1pj

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

stopped iDeneb install due to low resolution again.. =/

I also was plugged in.

@aboshi: can you show me what happens on your mini when you dont let it autoboot and you choose "video info" from this screen http://yfrog.com/3aphoto1pj

that link it timing out for me.

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
sorry http://img21.imagesh...8/photo1byj.jpg

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Hey guys, I have been lurking a few days, excited about trying iatkos v7 on my brand-new 1035NR. Sadly, like some others, everything works fine *except* for no network connectivity i.e. wired or wireless. Today, I even upgraded the BIOS from F.03 to F.13 or so -- but no change. I am tempted to try iDeneb, even though it doesn't look so easy. By the time I installed iatkos, however, I had already upgraded to 2GB instead of the standard 1GB -- hopefully this doesn't change the success factor?

I have 2GB of Ram in my 1010nr and installed using this guide. It is working with no problems so far.

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

sorry http://img21.imagesh...8/photo1byj.jpg

I am only single booting and I do not get that menu at all.
It seems like every last one of you having issues has windows installed as well and I would imagine that is your problem.

Darren Enns

Darren Enns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I am only single booting and I do not get that menu at all.
It seems like every last one of you having issues has windows installed as well and I would imagine that is your problem.

Speaking for myself, I do not get that strange 'video selection' window, and I was curious to know how to invoke it (?). I am proceeding with my experiment to try iDeneb 1.3 instead, but just before doing so I noticed something on my iAtkos boot screen: I think it said Chameleon '2.0' -- not '2.1'. Is this significant? I was definitely using iAtkos v7, so was this version of Chameleon within my control?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy