HP Mini 1000 FULL Install w/ iATKOS v7 10.5.7 Fully Working!

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I managed to get it working.

For whatever reason, from Windows 7, using the method of formatting it and then using dmacc, I wasn't able to create a bootable USB.

So I used these steps http://www.insanelym...howtopic=144478

And it's working now, so hopefully anyone else having this problem finds this helpful.

And @Zach Berger, thanks for your tip to boot the DVD on another computer and look at the tab/space combos, that helped me greatly.

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
so i've got it up...

is there a trick to get the wireless working?

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I dont think he even gets to the darwin bootloader where he has the opprotunity to type cpus=1. Once i installed windows 7, after pressing f9 and choosing my usb hard-drive to boot, it no longer worked.

So lets start from scratch so we can figure out every ones issues with dual booting Windows 7 and OS X.

If your going to dual boot you must install Windows first on the first partition.
1) Make 2 partitions the first one will have to have Windows 7 installed on it.
2) Install Windows 7
3) Install OS X on 2nd partition (use disk utility in the OS X installer)
4) Now we will have to setup chain0 in Windows 7 boot or you will not be able to load OS X

to find chain0 search these forums I'm sure there is plenty of posts on where to download it and how to use BCDEDIT on vista/windows7 to add it to the windows boot loader.

All this is assuming you were able to install OS X, also if you were able to install OS X and chameleon and it somehow fuct your mbr so you cant even boot windows 7 just load up the windows 7 installer and go to recovery console and type FIXMBR and hit enter. Then you will have the windows 7 boot loader on the MBR

Phillamb168

Phillamb168

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have been able to get to disk utility to format the drive, but once I do, and I close disk utility, it just shows me this screen http://img35.imagesh...5/snc00004w.jpg .. I havent found anyway to move the installer screen so i can get down to the buttons..

Also I have tried both External HD, and External DVD drives..

O HAI,

So, I had the same issue when installing iDeneb v.1.3 on my 110. What you have to do is from this screen, after running the partition, click on the welcome text and hit tab twice, then space bar. This effectively tabs to the 'continue' button, which is hidden because the screen is too small to show the whole thing. This will then take you to a screen to accept the T&C, but you should be able to see the button to accept.

Next, it'll ask you to select the drive to install on - but uh oh, the buttons are gone again! No worries - just click on the HD it needs to install to, then hit tab THREE times, followed by the space bar. The first tab should highlight the drive you just selected, and the next two are to cycle to the 'next' button.

PLEASE NOTE: If you're using USB to install, it may show that drive as an option as well. If it does, you'll probably need to hit tab FOUR times in order to get it to the 'proceed' button. If it messes up, it'll go back to the previous screen. Experiment a little with the number of tabs you need to press, it'll work eventually.

Now finally it says 'ready to install' or something like that. From here you MUST press tab three times, followed by the space bar, in order to get to the customization screen. If you don't, your install will failt. Once you check all the stuff required, it'll take you back to this screen, where you should then press tab twice and then the space bar. Et voila, installation should proceed normally!

I'm very interested in hearing how iATKOS runs for you, since iDeneb wouldn't let me ugrade to 10.5.7, and with 10.5.5 my battery life is absolutely horrendous.

Thanks!
-pl

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks a million for the tutorial I followed it step by step and everything works wonderully. The only problem is that wifi is still not working. Is there a fix? Did I miss a crucial step? I made sure to click on the broadcom option during the install.

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks a million for the tutorial I followed it step by step and everything works wonderully. The only problem is that wifi is still not working. Is there a fix? Did I miss a crucial step? I made sure to click on the broadcom option during the install.

same thing here... i found a video on youtube but the text is too small to read... any suggestions? everything else seems to be working great.

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
os x is just no good without internet!
The toggle seems to be on and lit blue also.

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

os x is just no good without internet!
The toggle seems to be on and lit blue also.

do you have a broadcom wireless card?
I'm using the stock card that came with the 1035nr and its a broadcom so you have to select the BCM43xx driver or you wont have internet. Also I know some people have issues with the broadcom driver where you have to actually slide the wifi switch during the boot up of OS X, I have not had that issue though.

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have the 1030 it shouldn't have a differnt wireless card. I've also tried holdin the slider no luck

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I have the 1030 it shouldn't have a differnt wireless card. I've also tried holdin the slider no luck

same here

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
and both of you selected the BCM43xx driver during install?

heres a link to the drivers, try to use this to install them again if your having issues.
http://www.insanelym...showtopic=51725

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Aboshi! So ironic because I was in the middle of the procedure when I saw u link to that thread. The solution unfortunately doesn't work for me. Did it work for you Mike? The install for the sh went very smoothly though terminal but nothing is changed after the Install.

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Aboshi! So ironic because I was in the middle of the procedure when I saw u link to that thread. The solution unfortunately doesn't work for me. Did it work for you Mike? The install for the sh went very smoothly though terminal but nothing is changed after the Install.

same for me, i was able to do what he said in the thread but still nothing...

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I will pull my kext for you in a bit and see if that will help.

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sweet man I was thinking that dimly rejnstaling the ktext would solve the problem.

clarencews

clarencews

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
any luck pulling that ktext?
I haven't been able to find it myself =/

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Attached File  BCM43xx.zip   1.41MB   127 downloads

this is for the BCM43XX just use OSXTools to install it.
Let me know if it works for you.

Mirror:
http://rapidshare.co...x.kext.zip.html

slaughter111

slaughter111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
worked like a charm, although i had to use the article http://www.insanelym...howtopic=144478 to make my USB drive bootable. i had to do nothing special to get my wireless working, it just worked. i have the mini 1000 1035nr with 16GB SSD for reference.

BTW, i was about to buy a mac mini, but i love having it on my netbook! i'll be building my desktop 'mac' instead of getting the mini mac.

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

worked like a charm, although i had to use the article http://www.insanelym...howtopic=144478 to make my USB drive bootable. i had to do nothing special to get my wireless working, it just worked. i have the mini 1000 1035nr with 16GB SSD for reference.

BTW, i was about to buy a mac mini, but i love having it on my netbook! i'll be building my desktop 'mac' instead of getting the mini mac.

lol wise choice, I cant justify buying a mac...
Its the same damn hardware for PCs and they just lock the OS to it and that's {censored}!

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I am having the same wireless problem. I tried your kexts, but they did not work. According to windows ( http://yfrog.com/5hdriverp ) i have the Broadcom 4315, which is included in the kest info.plist .. Im not sure where the problem is..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy