HP Mini 1000 FULL Install w/ iATKOS v7 10.5.7 Fully Working!

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Attached File  IMG_0247_1_.JPG   472.39KB   109 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0248_1_.JPG   521.08KB   74 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0249_1_.JPG   468.38KB   66 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0250_1_.JPG   485.73KB   69 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0251_1_.JPG   493.13KB   82 downloads

if I were you I would download another copy and burn it at a slow speed and use nero.
I had issues burning with PowerISO on a few other distros including this one until I burned it with nero. This is assuming your coming off a windows box =)

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Attached File  IMG_0247_1_.JPG   472.39KB   109 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0248_1_.JPG   521.08KB   74 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0249_1_.JPG   468.38KB   66 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0250_1_.JPG   485.73KB   69 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0251_1_.JPG   493.13KB   82 downloads

if I were you I would download another copy and burn it at a slow speed and use nero.
I had issues burning with PowerISO on a few other distros including this one until I burned it with nero. This is assuming your coming off a windows box =)

Alright. Will try later.

krew

krew

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
OSX Tools link wasn't downloading for me.

If you are having trouble, here is the LINK you need for DOWNLOAD:

http//heavyhackintosh.blogspot.com/2008/09/osx86-tools-final-10150.html

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

<snip>

9.On the next screen you will see an option at the bottom that says "customize". Click on it and apply the following patches:
a. Expand "x86 patches" and select: OHR
b. Expand "Driver" Expand "System" Expand SATA/IDE check Intel SATA/IDE Close "System"
c. With "Driver" still expanded check USB
e. Expand PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard check Voodoo PS/2 Driver With Trackpad
d. With "Driver" still expanded check Laptop Battery, and NTFS - 3G
f. Expand "Network" Expand "Wireless" check Broadcom BCM43xx
<snip>

While customizing do we need to select a decrypter under x86 patches?

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

While customizing do we need to select a decrypter under x86 patches?

if its not preselected no.

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

if its not preselected no.

thanks,both decrypters are preselected (along with some other things under x86 patches) - it looks like for decrypters either one or the other should be selected, but both are selected. With the other items highlighted under x86 patches - do I uncheck the other ones other than those listed in the tutorial?

I am going to try again on the install - as I have gotten to the chameleon screen - but can't seem to get :/ root# to show up. It boots up a bunch of things on the screen then go to a white square at the bottom - it doesn't show :/ root#. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks again!

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

thanks,both decrypters are preselected (along with some other things under x86 patches) - it looks like for decrypters either one or the other should be selected, but both are selected. With the other items highlighted under x86 patches - do I uncheck the other ones other than those listed in the tutorial?

I am going to try again on the install - as I have gotten to the chameleon screen - but can't seem to get :/ root# to show up. It boots up a bunch of things on the screen then go to a white square at the bottom - it doesn't show :/ root#. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks again!

whatever was preselected you can just leave, so don't uncheck anything. Just add what I listed in the tut.

when chameleon comes up press F8 a few times so you can see boot: they type -s and hit enter.

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

whatever was preselected you can just leave, so don't uncheck anything. Just add what I listed in the tut.

when chameleon comes up press F8 a few times so you can see boot: they type -s and hit enter.

thanks,
I'll try again and will post back how it goes. ;)

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Thanks for the help, I got it installed with no other problems to a 1010NR (only a 8GB SSD drive, so not to much space left on it). It seems to work good so far.
Thanks again. :)

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can't see the "Continue" or "Next" or whatever it should say buttons because of the resolution, to procede with the installation, what can I do to continue?

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I can't see the "Continue" or "Next" or whatever it should say buttons because of the resolution, to procede with the installation, what can I do to continue?

Read the entire thread this was posted already and post what model Mini you have.

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Read the entire thread this was posted already and post what model Mini you have.

I did and I saw the question brought up but not an asnwer, maybe I missed it, I apologize.

I have a HP Mini 110.

I followed the directions exactly, putting iATKOS v7 on a flash drive, and first I had the HFS+ partition error many times, then one time it worked (but I don't know why...)

When it did finally work, I couldn't click next. So I used the same Flash Drive, reformatted it and used it to put Windows 7 on the machine because I didn't have time to keep messing around with it.

Now, I can't seem to get past the HFS+ partition error again. I'm like going around in circles... any help would be much appreciated.

I currently have Win 7 on the netbook, and Win 7 on a desktop, so that's what I have at my disposal in terms of getting OSX on the Mini.

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I did and I saw the question brought up but not an asnwer, maybe I missed it, I apologize.

I have a HP Mini 110.

I followed the directions exactly, putting iATKOS v7 on a flash drive, and first I had the HFS+ partition error many times, then one time it worked (but I don't know why...)

When it did finally work, I couldn't click next. So I used the same Flash Drive, reformatted it and used it to put Windows 7 on the machine because I didn't have time to keep messing around with it.

Now, I can't seem to get past the HFS+ partition error again. I'm like going around in circles... any help would be much appreciated.

I currently have Win 7 on the netbook, and Win 7 on a desktop, so that's what I have at my disposal in terms of getting OSX on the Mini.

No problem =) You might need to redownload a copy of iATKOS.
I would give that a shot first before you move any farther.

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

No problem =) You might need to redownload a copy of iATKOS.
I would give that a shot first before you move any farther.

I had to deal with this problem. I made to copys of the dvd. I put one in my external dvd drive attached to my netbook, and one to a computer with a higher resolution. Using the computer with the higher resolution I figured out what combination of "tab" and "space" would select the nessicary install options.

Install went flawlessly. Once installed, on first boot, you will get a message saying that mac os x setup asssistant cant be run on this monitor. Click ok. Follow the install instructions for the GMA950. Once all the kexts are installed and you install the pkg, reboot into single user mode. Follow the normal steps to mount the disk. Once mounted "rm -r /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" which activates the setup assistant.

Good Luck

I have a HP Mini 110.

If you just want a single boot, hackintosh you won't have any problems, but if you want dual boot let me know, i figured that out too. The win7 boot loader doesnt work with chameleon out of the box.

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
^^
I set up my Mini for single boot so I only have OS X on it. So if you guys are running into problems trying to dual boot hopefully the above post will help you out =)

There is also a small issue with the sound, the sound works perfectly ...but to adjust the volume properly you have to go into the VoodooHDA preference pane and adjust it from PCM, But I have come up with a quick fix.

1) Remove the VoodooHDA.PrefPane (just drag it to the trash can)
2) Remove the VoodooHDA.kext (System/Library/Extensions)
3) Use OSXTools to reinstall VoodooHDA.kext (link below)

Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   81.57KB   142 downloads

Alan_from_SF

Alan_from_SF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, I cannot find the where to down "this file"..

QUOTE: "Link to file mentioned in step 4: download/file.php?id=206"

What is the actual URL?

thanks,

http://rs450.rapidsh.../OSX86Tools.rar

if you haven't found the link for osx86tool.

Mike Burns

Mike Burns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i redownloaded it and it still wont boot... now, if i dont get the hfs+ error, i just get nothing...

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

i redownloaded it and it still wont boot... now, if i dont get the hfs+ error, i just get nothing...

I had problems with using a flash drive and the windows 7 bootloader. I would try burning it to a dvd. Thats what worked for me once i put win 7 on.

Aboshi

Aboshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Have you followed the directions?

1) When you power up hit F9
2) Select flash drive and spam F8
3) At the prompt type cpus=1
4) Start the install

If you do not type cpus=1 it will not work at all. take it one step farther and see what errors your getting by typing -v cpus=1

Also are you putting the install on the flash drive within windows?
If you are I cant help you there at all because I have not tried to use the install method to the flash drive from windows. I have a desktop I dual boot with OS X and I use that to install to my flash drive.

Zach Berger

Zach Berger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Have you followed the directions?

1) When you power up hit F9
2) Select flash drive and spam F8
3) At the prompt type cpus=1
4) Start the install

If you do not type cpus=1 it will not work at all. take it one step farther and see what errors your getting by typing -v cpus=1

Also are you putting the install on the flash drive within windows?
If you are I cant help you there at all because I have not tried to use the install method to the flash drive from windows. I have a desktop I dual boot with OS X and I use that to install to my flash drive.

I dont think he even gets to the darwin bootloader where he has the opprotunity to type cpus=1. Once i installed windows 7, after pressing f9 and choosing my usb hard-drive to boot, it no longer worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy