All Dell Studio 153x users

psygnosis

5 posts in this topic

Oh well

I see that on this board there are hunderd dell studio's users, and many of them have the ugly and damned ATi Radeon Mobilty HD 3450...

A really cursed graphic card...

I'm an unlucky buyers of this laptop...

In one year, I just see that some people found a way to change only the resolution, but, QE seems always unsupported...

And a OSX system without QE seems unusable!

Dell support told me that to change the graphic card you have to change all the mother board...

So, my hope is that all dell users, with this graphic card could use this thread as official thread to find a solution...

The main problem is that this card seems not appears even on ATi official driver site, you can find new driver (for win) only on Dell's site!

Ok this is a low budget card but it's very very annoing that many ati cards works and this that is very popular on dell studio, not work!

Unfortunately, I can't write code because I'm not a programmer, but I hope that some coder out there could do something with the help of everybody...

Or at least tell us that, it's simply impossibile

Thanks to all

EDIT:

It seems that the problem is a new ati framework, that someone hope will be avaialble on snow leopard

Here is your answer and that will cover snow leopard also...

Mobility cards in the 3xxx series is not and will not be supported of this good reson...

Here is your answer and that will cover snow leopard also...

Mobility cards in the 3xxx series is not and will not be supported of this good reson...

At least...all mobility user can have their heart in peace now :P

:) I want a intel graphic card now...in my dell studio ;)

At least...all mobility user can have their heart in peace now :P

:( I want a intel graphic card now...in my dell studio ;)

You say at least i say people dont search first... it has been the infomation the last long time now. 

And just so you know... If you should have something then nvidia is the best supported because the best supported intel card is the GMA950 where there is a big diffrence on the Intel x3100 and Intel 3100 cards where one is supported and the other aint and the Intel GMA 4500HD dont have support also.