BootThink1 in comparison to Chameleon v2 RC

13 posts in this topic

I want to ask experts in Chameleon about another bootloader called BootThink1 available recently from China. I tried it. It boots every partition that I have even currently loaded with Chameleon v2 RC without any observable ill effects. It also provides CD ROM boot option. All my partitions are GPT (even Win7)so I can't test MBR. I have not played with it much else. But 1 thing I noted it does not provide boot flag option- none at all.

I don't know enough about it hence I seek your opinions. The CD boot option is kind of nice though.

well, i hesitated at first and used it off my usb stick for a week.

since no issues emerged, i replaced my chameleon2 on EFI partition with Boot Think.

remove AppleDecrypt (or dsmos) and Disabler (no need for them with boot think) and add SMBIOSResolver as Boot Think doesn't handle smbios injection on its own.

I downloaded the pkg file and viewed it using pacifist. It includes a kernel, Boot.plist and 160+ kext (AppleDecrypt and Disabler). I installed it on a USB drive, booted it and it wasn't able to find all my partitions so I wasn't able to boot my retail 10.5.7. It also doesn't have an easy way to update the boot kext. I think chameleom 2 is better.

that's why its good to have more than one bootloader out there.

everyone can choose the one that works better for him/her.