Iatkos 10.5.7 full procedure for ACER ONE 150, fully working!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

jonno12345

jonno12345

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
can sum1 please help. i keep on getting the blue screen after trying out the resoultion install.
i put in the command line at the single boot (-s) and then reboot.
i then install the kext package provided at first post but not the natit one and then reboot.
but then when iam at the charmeleon loader i press -f but then it says like 200seconds from some kind of not original boots and then it boots and gets blu screen
please help or is there an easier way to do it.
i insatll the kext's with osx86tools with the install kext option. is this right??

MikeTHIS

MikeTHIS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

can sum1 please help. i keep on getting the blue screen after trying out the resoultion install.
i put in the command line at the single boot (-s) and then reboot.
i then install the kext package provided at first post but not the natit one and then reboot.
but then when iam at the charmeleon loader i press -f but then it says like 200seconds from some kind of not original boots and then it boots and gets blu screen
please help or is there an easier way to do it.
i insatll the kext's with osx86tools with the install kext option. is this right??

I used the kext linked and I had the same problem.

Reboot in single user mode and remove the kexts as explained in one of these tutorials and then install the package with the natit. I didn't get this to work until I tried that package and have been fine since.

I also figured out how to get the trackpad to work (tap to click and scrolling), you need to copy the keyboard.prefpane into a directory in system/library/ but the exact name escapes me at the moment. If you google it you will find it easily.

If you want I can post the link to the files that I used to get the resolution working right, but im 99% sure they were already posted in this thread.

Hope that helps!

4everAnoob

4everAnoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
THANKS ALOT FOR SHARING THIS!!!! the video drivers were a life saver!!! they work perfectly qe ci everything thank you! :D

sendblink23

sendblink23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Bassist for the band: "La Hermana De Miguel" - http://myspace.com/lahermana...
Hmmm guys i don't know if all you Owners of the Acer One AOA 150... had wrong ideas of hardware...

But Guys I followed these instructions having the ORIGINAL ACER WIRELESS from my Acer One 8.9 AOA 150 the Atheros AR5BXB63...

*iAtkos V7

iatkos v7 Main System
Chameleon v2
X86 (/Extra Directory + DSDT)
dsmos
9.5.0 Kernel Voodoo
Disabler
OHR
Voodoo HDA Driver
Voodoo PS/2 driver
Laptop Battery
NTFS-3G
Realtek R1000
Post Install Actions

EVERYTHING - Wifi, Ethernet, Webcam, Audio(mic & output), USB's all the normal things worked awesomely(Look at my intructions I DID NOT CHOOSE ANY WIRELESS DRIVER ONLY ETHERNET)... no idea why but honestly my original Atheros of the acer one work from frist booting OSX on Registering it literally asked me what wireless to connect to I was like holy$hitttt :P

Obviously the only thing I had to manually add was the Video Card and the Provided files & Instructions from the first thread post here work 100% (I used KextHelper in my case).

So far never had any issues, I was going to post my reply back in the beginning of when this thread started back on 2009 but, I erased my osx a few months ago from the laptop and tonight I decided to place it back in & followed those instructions of my own & part of this thread again(to refresh my memory).

Thanks for this THREAD I owed it to you months ago.

wosie

wosie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
[quote name='sniper69' date='Jul 28 2009, 07:45 PM' post='1211463']
For those with questions on getting this to work I combined picchiant's tutorial with the one from Aboshi (located at http://www.insanelym...p...73184&st=0).

thx to sniper\Aboshi for the correct gfx drivers, finally got it working with no kernel panics :D

I can confirm this bug with the ETHERNET connection. I did not have my rj45 cable plugged into the D150 on installation, and no matter what I try I cannot enable the ethernet connection. Any help really appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE: Fixed ethernet issue using reader02 insane tweaks. thanks !

here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=181343

my D150 has the Alias: AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet controller

Glaster

Glaster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
please how to update iAtkos v7 10.5.7 to 10.5.8 on A150 with Broadcom WIFI???
Thanks

Jcannon98188

Jcannon98188

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey there, I have tried desperately to install mac osx on my home pc, but since I made the machine myself there is too much work involved trying to get it to work imo. I am looking to buy the Acer Aspire One 110 located here:

http://www.cowboom.c...utm_campaign=CJ

That is a super rediculously low price btw, if anyone wants to grab one. Anyways, I was wondering if this install works with the 110. I am sure it will, I just don't wanna spend $130 if it isn't going to work (don't need it otherwise). Thank you
-Jason

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Hey there, I have tried desperately to install mac osx on my home pc, but since I made the machine myself there is too much work involved trying to get it to work imo. I am looking to buy the Acer Aspire One 110 located here:

http://www.cowboom.c...utm_campaign=CJ

That is a super rediculously low price btw, if anyone wants to grab one. Anyways, I was wondering if this install works with the 110. I am sure it will, I just don't wanna spend $130 if it isn't going to work (don't need it otherwise). Thank you
-Jason

Jason,
The 110 model only has an 8gb solid state drive. In other words it is bare bare minimum for installing OSX and 16GB minimum is the lowest most would go.

I installed OSX (iatkos 10.5.7) on an HP mini with an 8GB drive, but there wasn't really any room for anything else. IF you were to install it on an 8GB drive, make sure to have an external hard drive or some SD cards for holding your files, etc. I ended up converting the HP mini back to the factory win XP install and sold it to someone who wanted it.

On my Acer A150, the 160 GB drive is nice and roomy. It is set up as a triple boot with the chameleon screen giving choices for OSX, win XP, and Ubuntu. My son wants me to set it up as a quad boot, but I don't feel like going through the work of changing my set up again.

Hope this helps.

Jcannon98188

Jcannon98188

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for the help. I am only getting that netbook because of the $130 price tag, you can't really beat that :( I have a spare 500gb external laying around I will use for actual files and whatnot.

Jason,
The 110 model only has an 8gb solid state drive. In other words it is bare bare minimum for installing OSX and 16GB minimum is the lowest most would go.

I installed OSX (iatkos 10.5.7) on an HP mini with an 8GB drive, but there wasn't really any room for anything else. IF you were to install it on an 8GB drive, make sure to have an external hard drive or some SD cards for holding your files, etc. I ended up converting the HP mini back to the factory win XP install and sold it to someone who wanted it.

On my Acer A150, the 160 GB drive is nice and roomy. It is set up as a triple boot with the chameleon screen giving choices for OSX, win XP, and Ubuntu. My son wants me to set it up as a quad boot, but I don't feel like going through the work of changing my set up again.

Hope this helps.

cool55t

cool55t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
iv installed this about 20 times literally and at first the install messed up or it wouldent boot, but finally after everything boots fine i try to install the video kext and every damn time i try to install it i get the blue screen, and iv tryed all the methods i can find, why does everyone elses work and mine dont lol. so does anyone have any tips before i spend a couple hours installing this and fixing the damn boot so i can tri boot ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy