Iatkos 10.5.7 full procedure for ACER ONE 150, fully working!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Thanks for your install procedure.

I can see XP if i hit any key during boot, but if i select XP i get a Disk error "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del" to restart. I assume the OSX install has overwrote the XP MBR? how can this be fixed?

I also changed the Wireless card in my Acer for an Intel 4965AGN, which it seems is not supported. I changed the original as it didn't have good support in ubuntu. I might change back - any issues with the original Wireless adapter?

hutcho, Not sure as to why it is doing that. I just followed the directions I posted above from this thread http://www.insanelym...showtopic=52954 and had XP pro boot up fine. Maybe the steps after step 7 in the above linked thread would help you with the issue you're experiencing. :)

HUTCHO

HUTCHO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
sniper69.

I'm just starting again, I tried enabling Chameleon and was unable to boot, even XP fixmbr and fixboot failed to recover.

I followed your steps but stopped at step 7, This time I will complete the full process - ;0)

BTW, what wireless adapter are you using in your AAO?

I have just reinstalled the original card to give it a try.

Thanks

Just to add.

When I first started the process and took a reboot after setting up my disk partitions my AAO would not boot, it got stuck with a blank screen it didn't even show the BIOS.

To recover from this is used the following steps -thank god for the internet.

http://www.qrpcw.com...s-recovery.html

I'm now running the latest BIOS version.

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

sniper69.

I'm just starting again, I tried enabling Chameleon and was unable to boot, even XP fixmbr and fixboot failed to recover.

I followed your steps but stopped at step 7, This time I will complete the full process - ;0)

BTW, what wireless adapter are you using in your AAO?

I have just reinstalled the original card to give it a try.

Thanks

For wireless card in my A150, I am using the Broadcom BCM94321MC that I bought on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/...0717995&afsrc=1). I had to do some searching for windows xp drivers for it, found some, and once installed the drivers work great with xp. With iatkos, I picked the Broadcom BCM43xx option when installing and it works great, no problems. I originally thought of the DW1390 card that seems to be popular, but decided for the card I bought instead (it is similar to a DW1500 if I remember correctly).
Which card did you have installed before going back to the original card?

HUTCHO

HUTCHO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

For wireless card in my A150, I am using the Broadcom BCM94321MC that I bought on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/...0717995&afsrc=1). I had to do some searching for windows xp drivers for it, found some, and once installed the drivers work great with xp. With iatkos, I picked the Broadcom BCM43xx option when installing and it works great, no problems. I originally thought of the DW1390 card that seems to be popular, but decided for the card I bought instead (it is similar to a DW1500 if I remember correctly).
Which card did you have installed before going back to the original card?

I was using an Intel 4965AGN, which I installed because of Linux support for the original adapter. but it looks like the Intel is not supported in OSX - I assume from your last comment that the original Atheros adapter is also not supported?

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I was using an Intel 4965AGN, which I installed because of Linux support for the original adapter. but it looks like the Intel is not supported in OSX - I assume from your last comment that the original Atheros adapter is also not supported?

From what I read before installing OS X the original card (Atheros) isn't supported. I did read somewhere online that there is a "fix" so it will work - but I didn't try it as there were reports of it not working 100% or of a kernel panic happening, etc.

Okay with a little searching the following might help.

Maybe some info for the 4965 can be found at http://www.insanelym...showtopic=84072 and http://www.insanelym...showtopic=71779

Maybe for the atheros you could check out http://www.insanelym...howtopic=178341
or

http://www.insanelym...?showtopic=8829
or
http://www.insanelym...showtopic=33089

HUTCHO

HUTCHO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hutcho, Not sure as to why it is doing that. I just followed the directions I posted above from this thread http://www.insanelym...showtopic=52954 and had XP pro boot up fine. Maybe the steps after step 7 in the above linked thread would help you with the issue you're experiencing. ;)

Ok, just read your comments fully, and i'm following the same steps you made in install with dual boot.

I have:

XP 30GB pirmary partition 1

OSX 30GB Primary partition 2

shared FAT32 logical partition 3

XP boots before installing iatkos 10.5.7.

When installing iatkos I follow the steps shown in this thread. and as you said the default boot loader is Chameleon not Darwin so I guess i don't need to continue past step 7 in http://www.insanelym...showtopic=52954

I will let you know how I get on.

Update so far.

I have OSX installed and at the moment I boot both OSX and XP.

I havent yet completed the full install steps detailed on this thread.

-->> i'm here at the moment.

So now that OS X is installed when the Acer 150 reboots you will see the Chameleon boot loader. press any key to enter setup. Once you press any key you then type -s (you should see boot: -s on the bottom left hand side of the screen), now press enter and it should boot you into single user mode.
with you get the command prompt it will look like this:
:/ root#
now type /sbin/fsck -fy and press enter
after it does its thing type: /sbin/mount -uw / and press enter
don't forget that / after -uw or you will not have write access. (also make sure to put the space between the w and the /).

Do this exactly to make things easier
Type: cd System/Library and press enter
Type: rm -r Extensions.mkext and press enter
Type: cd Extensions and press enter
Type: rm -r AppleIntelGMA*.* and press enter
Type: rm -r AppleIntelIntergrated*.* press tab and it will fill in the rest for you and press enter
Type: shutdown -r now
This will remove the kext cache and all of the Intel Graphic drivers because they do not work correctly (stuck at 800x600) and the system should now reboot. If all went well you should be at the screen to enter in all of your info and user account =)

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Hutcho - let me know how it goes for you. I hope it all works out for you to have a successful dual boot set up with XP and iatkos.

HUTCHO

HUTCHO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
second update..

Now Start OSXTools and click install kexts
browse to the dir First and select all (3) kexts
and click install.
After the kexts install with will pop up asking to reboot DO NOT REBOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you reboot you will have to go into single user mode again and remove all the files again SO DO NOT REBOOT YET! CLICK CANCEL
Now open the folder Second and click on GMA950.pkg and a setup window will pop up.
click continue, click install put in your password if you have one and proceed. after the install you can now reboot.
reboot with flag -f (IMPORTANT THE FIRST TIME) then you can reboot without any option in the future.
Once you reboot you should be back at the OS X desktop but now with working 1024x600 resolution! you can now enable Quartz.

Enable Quartz
To enable Quartz open OSX86 Tools and click the Enable/Disable Quartz GL button. It will tell you the current status. If its disabled, feel free to enable it by clicking the button that says "Enable Quartz GL". after Quartz is enabled the system will need to rebooted.

You should now be fully working on OS X 10.5.7

-->> I'm here and i now have a working dual boot system.

Thanks to everyone on this thread, and thanks for Sniper69 for the quick responses during my configuration work.

Thanks again.

SiK01

SiK01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

second update..

Now Start OSXTools and click install kexts
browse to the dir First and select all (3) kexts
and click install.
After the kexts install with will pop up asking to reboot DO NOT REBOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you reboot you will have to go into single user mode again and remove all the files again SO DO NOT REBOOT YET! CLICK CANCEL
Now open the folder Second and click on GMA950.pkg and a setup window will pop up.
click continue, click install put in your password if you have one and proceed. after the install you can now reboot.
reboot with flag -f (IMPORTANT THE FIRST TIME) then you can reboot without any option in the future.
Once you reboot you should be back at the OS X desktop but now with working 1024x600 resolution! you can now enable Quartz.

Enable Quartz
To enable Quartz open OSX86 Tools and click the Enable/Disable Quartz GL button. It will tell you the current status. If its disabled, feel free to enable it by clicking the button that says "Enable Quartz GL". after Quartz is enabled the system will need to rebooted.

You should now be fully working on OS X 10.5.7

Thanks to everyone on this thread, and thanks for Sniper69 for the quick responses during my configuration work.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I did al this, and the resolution is OK, but Quartz Extreme is "not supported" according to the System Profiler.
I think that is why MainStage is crashing on me after I select a template to start from. How can I enable it?

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Hi,

I did al this, and the resolution is OK, but Quartz Extreme is "not supported" according to the System Profiler.
I think that is why MainStage is crashing on me after I select a template to start from. How can I enable it?

Well it looks like it could be something with the video card. The following is from http://en.wikipedia....artz_Compositor

"Quartz Extreme
Mac OS X v10.2 introduced Quartz Extreme: graphics processor (GPU) acceleration for the Quartz Compositor. With Quartz Extreme, no central processor (CPU) cycles are utilized for scene composition. Quartz Compositor runs using the graphics processor (GPU) by encapsulating each rendered backing store in an OpenGL texture map or surface. The GPU then composes the surfaces and maps to provide the final image, which is delivered to its frame buffer.

Quartz Extreme only uses OpenGL commands, and requires a graphics card connected to an AGP 2X or faster bus (including AGP 4X, 8X, and PCI Express), supporting textures and maps of arbitrary size, since many of the renderers have no size limitation (Quartz 2D for example).[3] It is automatically enabled on Mac systems with one of the following types of graphics cards:[4]

QuartzGL
QuartzGL (Quartz2d extreme in OS X 10.4 Tiger) is GPU acceleration for the Quartz2d API. It is not enabled by default in either OS X Tiger or Leopard. It is, however, possible to enable it in both versions, using the "quartz debug" application which is included in the OS X developer tools. However, because Apple does not support using QuartzGL currently, QuartzGL will be disabled once again upon quitting the Quartz Debug utility. A partially-supported workaround is to force quit the Quartz Debug application, which will leave QuartzGL enabled system-wide.

In Leopard, it is also possible to add QuartzGLEnabled as an entry to an applications info.plist, to enable it application-wise. Note that QuartzGL must be enabled system-wise first in order for "QuartzGLEnabled" to have any effect application-wise.

All graphics cards capable of supporting Core Image also support QuartzGL."

I'm not sure if the card on the A150 would compare to the above requirements for quartz extreme or not http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/index.htm

second update..

Thanks again.

hutcho - glad to hear it works for you. :D

HUTCHO

HUTCHO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I fixed my Wireless - I ordered a Broadcom BCM94321MC off Ebay.

I now have a dual OSX and XP system both with working wireless.

I used the following XP drivers for my Broadcom BCM94321MC

http://www.driversdo...vers/8178.shtml

Just while searching eBay for a wireless card I ordered a SIM card holder and mini-PCIe riser ready for my next mod of adding 3G to my AAO.

See - http://tnkgrl.wordpr...pire-one-hsdpa/

SiK01

SiK01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Got QE working!

Somehow I did not install or removed AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin, AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle, AppleIntelGMA950VA.bundle

Reinstalled them, and we're up and running! :wacko:

jc2221

jc2221

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi i have A150 with a Dell DW1390 WIFI card. I followed the guide and all works.. even the video driver.

But the airport is stuck on off. The wifi card is detected. Does anyone know how to get airport turned on?

*Update - Resolved - kinda

The wifi works great if I only install wireless network leaving out wired drivers... does anybody have both wired and wireless working?

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I fixed my Wireless - I ordered a Broadcom BCM94321MC off Ebay.

I now have a dual OSX and XP system both with working wireless.

I used the following XP drivers for my Broadcom BCM94321MC

http://www.driversdo...vers/8178.shtml

Just while searching eBay for a wireless card I ordered a SIM card holder and mini-PCIe riser ready for my next mod of adding 3G to my AAO.

See - http://tnkgrl.wordpr...pire-one-hsdpa/

hutcho - sounds like a good mod. If you decide to do a triple boot with ubuntu - use the xp drivers for the wireless card with ndiswrapper. That way you can use wireless with ubuntu too (just did this today on the A150). :|

jc2221

jc2221

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My touchpad tap is not working. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Update - Once again I solved my own problem :)

I installed voodoo ps2 driver with trackpad support. Then in System Preferences > Trackpad I enabled "Clicking"

colonelkernel8

colonelkernel8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Anyone get this working on a D250?

HUTCHO

HUTCHO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hutcho - sounds like a good mod. If you decide to do a triple boot with ubuntu - use the xp drivers for the wireless card with ndiswrapper. That way you can use wireless with ubuntu too (just did this today on the A150). :whistle:

Good to know the Wireless card works in ubuntu, that was the reason I changed the original wireless card.

PhilthyM

PhilthyM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Big thanks to picchiant for this thread and to sniper69 for the video solution, as well as to everybody else who contributes to these forums.

I'm going away next week and was unsure about the wisdom of converting from a working XP system to an unknown OS X implementation right before I go - I really need the machine to be fully working.

Anyway, I built the system on an external USB drive and tested it over the last few days and it's been very solid. This morning I finally committed and cloned the USB drive over the XP installation.

Thanks again all.

Phil

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Good to know the Wireless card works in ubuntu, that was the reason I changed the original wireless card.

It is definitely interesting working between the 3 OS's. Having wireless for all 3 is definitely nice. My son started commenting how he wanted a 4th on the A150 and all I could do was to start laughing about it. ;)

Big thanks to picchiant for this thread and to sniper69 for the video solution, as well as to everybody else who contributes to these forums.

I'm going away next week and was unsure about the wisdom of converting from a working XP system to an unknown OS X implementation right before I go - I really need the machine to be fully working.

Anyway, I built the system on an external USB drive and tested it over the last few days and it's been very solid. This morning I finally committed and cloned the USB drive over the XP installation.

Thanks again all.

Phil

Phil, glad to hear that you got it working. :D

MikeTHIS

MikeTHIS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I know this is an old thread....

I just installed everything on my Aspire one A0A150 and the latest updated tutorial kexts for the display don't seem to work.

After installing the kexts with OSX86tools, and then the second package I rebooted with the -f flag. Upon reboot, I had a cursor and the screen went from light blue, to dark blue to grey and stopped doing anything. I could move the mouse but that was it.

Does anyone have a working kext for display? Or should I try Paul's wind files? I removed them in single user mode in order to get my display back for the time being.

Any help would be awesome, I wouldn't have gotten this far without this thread as is :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy