Iatkos 10.5.7 full procedure for ACER ONE 150, fully working!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

picchiant

picchiant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, I've merged and amended few procedures found around, so credits are going more to other people that to me! in any case after many attempt I've found how to have a 100% working installation of iaktos 10.5.7 on my acer one 150:

here the procedure:

Acer Aspire One - A150 (wireless dell 1390 installed) 1.5gb ram / iAtkos_v7 / Leopard 10.5.7 (video, sound and wired network working)

+ (Expand)
* (Select)

*iatkos v7 Main System (Installed By Default)
+Bootloader
*Chameleon v2 (Installed By Default)
+X86 Patches
+Decrypters (Unselect AppleDecypt)
*Dsmos (Select)
+Kernel
*9.50.0 KernelVoodoo (Select)
+ACPI
*x86 ACPI (Select)
+Drivers
(Skip VGA) NOT APPLICABLE TO ACER ASPIRE ONE D150 - Below is the Correct procedure to install the video with the proper resolution.
+Sound
*Voodoo HDA driver (Installed By Default)
+System
+PS/2 Mouse Keyboard (Only Select One)
*Apple Ps/2 Driver (Select)
+Sytem
*Laptop Battery (Select)
+Network
realteck 1000
+Wireless
*Broadcom BCM43xx (Dw1490,Dw1390,Dw1395) (Select) This Kext is only if you have already Purchased The(Dw1490 Cards).
*Post_Install Actions (Installed By Default)

"Now Restart you should Hear Audio with Music and Go Ahead and Setup Info"
At This Point You Should Be On Your "Desktop"

This Is Where you will Do The Setup For Video "Drivers"
reboot in single user, -s option at the loader:

Then, enter the following commands:

/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot

once up and runnig :

download the correct video kext from http://depositfiles....files/lj13ctz15
thanks to uluf!! and install the kext using osx86tools (NOT KEXT HELPER..It didn;t work in my case)

reboot with flag -f (IMPORTANT THE FIRST TIME) then you can reboot without any option in the future.

you should have now the rigth resolution, open osx86tools again and enable quartz gl, then open disk utility and repair permission on the hd.

reboot again and you should have the acer with a 100% working 10.5.7...
run software update, install everything new, and make a backup of the working system! so in the future you can restore the backup instead doing again all that!

I hope this helps

UPDATE: not sure if it is real but cpu-x report the cpu speed at 1692mhz! with the multipler at x12.5 instead of x12.0, the iaktos team has implemented some software overclock by default??
I've noticed a that it is wormer than usual, and the battery goes down a little quickly.... I'll try to check other ways to check the cpu clock... system profiler reports the same!

picchiant

picchiant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Correction: internal MIC not working
SD slots detecteded but working only with SD and car inserted at boot time.

Does anyone knows how to fix the internal mic?

picchiant

picchiant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Mic fixed:

I had to removed the Original AppleHDA.kext, replace with thatone from paul's wind pack, add HDAenabler still from the same pack, then remove the VoodooHDA.kext, and the pref panel..
At reboot mic and sounds are working but there is still the bug of the panic shutting down on battery, as workarounf I've installed InsomniaX with sounds enabled :D
Now everything seems really to work.

gino8080

gino8080

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
sorry m8 so EVERYTHING ELSE is working??

WIFI
GFX CARD
AUDIO OUTPUT

just mic is is not working?

michaelhawks270

michaelhawks270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Which video kexts should i use in that downloaded folder. i tried several different ones and all i get is a bluscreen when i start back up. i can hear the voulume button go up and down but no video. please help me, everything works great so far except for which video kexts to use in that downloaded folder

picchiant

picchiant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
install all the kext starting with APPLE, that are into the zip file, do not instal the natit, and follow step by step the procedure, copy and paste the commands, use the command line when is required and osx86tools to install the kexts. even a small difference in the procedure is gonna give to you the blue screen.
I made a couple of time an error, maybe it is the same as you, I was removing only the original appleintelgma950* kext, but actually you have to remove even those for other videocards! so be sure you run the command:

this removes al the intel kext for any videocard....

I hope this helps

the mic is working, but the fix has introduced the shutdown panic bug, that can be avoided using insomniaX software.

sorry m8 so EVERYTHING ELSE is working??

WIFI
GFX CARD
AUDIO OUTPUT

just mic is is not working?

WIFI as described into my post is working for me with a dell 1390 wireless card that I had installed.
gxf card is working if you follow my procedure, external monitor as well but not tried mirroring yet.
audio autput is workign, mic, jacks all ok.

there is a fix for the mic, read carefully my posts.

iPhilippe

iPhilippe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've tried last night to upgrade my A150 from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 by following the post and it works as it should be.

However, there was an error for the MobileMe PreferencePanel and it was fixed by copy the preferencepane file from my TM copy. Right now, I'm backing it up with TM. I'll fix Mic issue later.

Great works.

michaelhawks270

michaelhawks270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey thanks for this contribute. i had a little trouble with the video drivers, i ended up installing paulswindkexts for the video, and installing afterwards WindVideoKext for 10.5.7 and now quartz extreme is dected and turned on.

sorry for my bad typing, endlish is not thatgreat.

I have noticed that everyonce in a while i get a random kernal panic and im forced to reboot my machine. any idea what could be causeing this?

brother

brother

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Picchiant,

I have been struggling to follow your steps on my new Acer D150 (without any new hardware such as network card).
In all cases, the install is fine but the OS very unstable and causing crashed at the Voodoo kernel level.
I have not yet, or being able, to apply the Video driver, so that may be the cause...
Sound was kinda working but seemed to cause crashes too, so I ended up disabling it during install.

I am using the iAtkos v7 distrib. Would be cool to get some help here!!

Thanks for the already great work.

B-

Hello, I've merged and amended few procedures found around, so credits are going more to other people that to me! in any case after many attempt I've found how to have a 100% working installation of iaktos 10.5.7 on my acer one 150:

here the procedure:

Acer Aspire One - A150 (wireless dell 1390 installed) 1.5gb ram / iAtkos_v7 / Leopard 10.5.7 (video, sound and wired network working)

+ (Expand)
* (Select)

*iatkos v7 Main System (Installed By Default)
+Bootloader
*Chameleon v2 (Installed By Default)
+X86 Patches
+Decrypters (Unselect AppleDecypt)
*Dsmos (Select)
+Kernel
*9.50.0 KernelVoodoo (Select)
+ACPI
*x86 ACPI (Select)
+Drivers
(Skip VGA) NOT APPLICABLE TO ACER ASPIRE ONE D150 - Below is the Correct procedure to install the video with the proper resolution.
+Sound
*Voodoo HDA driver (Installed By Default)
+System
+PS/2 Mouse Keyboard (Only Select One)
*Apple Ps/2 Driver (Select)
+Sytem
*Laptop Battery (Select)
+Network
realteck 1000
+Wireless
*Broadcom BCM43xx (Dw1490,Dw1390,Dw1395) (Select) This Kext is only if you have already Purchased The(Dw1490 Cards).
*Post_Install Actions (Installed By Default)

"Now Restart you should Hear Audio with Music and Go Ahead and Setup Info"
At This Point You Should Be On Your "Desktop"

This Is Where you will Do The Setup For Video "Drivers"
reboot in single user, -s option at the loader:

Then, enter the following commands:

/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot

once up and runnig :

download the correct video kext from http://depositfiles....files/lj13ctz15
thanks to uluf!! and install the kext using osx86tools (NOT KEXT HELPER..It didn;t work in my case)

reboot with flag -f (IMPORTANT THE FIRST TIME) then you can reboot without any option in the future.

you should have now the rigth resolution, open osx86tools again and enable quartz gl, then open disk utility and repair permission on the hd.

reboot again and you should have the acer with a 100% working 10.5.7...
run software update, install everything new, and make a backup of the working system! so in the future you can restore the backup instead doing again all that!

I hope this helps

UPDATE: not sure if it is real but cpu-x report the cpu speed at 1692mhz! with the multipler at x12.5 instead of x12.0, the iaktos team has implemented some software overclock by default??
I've noticed a that it is wormer than usual, and the battery goes down a little quickly.... I'll try to check other ways to check the cpu clock... system profiler reports the same!

the Asthmatic Avenger

the Asthmatic Avenger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Sorry, but how do I "reboot with flag -f"?

I tried booting into Single User Mode and typing "reboot -f" but got an error... I also tried "reboot [-f]" which is a valid command, but when it reboots, it just gets to a blue screen after the apple logo and never completely boots (or is booting but the screen isn't working)...

Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks for a great tutorial though, I've been looking for a nice write-up like this, thanks...

the Asthmatic Avenger

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Sorry, but how do I "reboot with flag -f"?

I tried booting into Single User Mode and typing "reboot -f" but got an error... I also tried "reboot [-f]" which is a valid command, but when it reboots, it just gets to a blue screen after the apple logo and never completely boots (or is booting but the screen isn't working)...

Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks for a great tutorial though, I've been looking for a nice write-up like this, thanks...

the Asthmatic Avenger

The Asthmatic Avenger - to reboot with flag -f, what you need to do is restart the system and when you are at the Chameleon bootloader (press any key before it automatically boots into OS X), then press f8 and type "-f" (without quotes). You will see it entered at the boot: at the bottom left of the screen. then press enter and it will boot.

I used some info from this thread http://www.insanelym...p...173184&st=0 and also used the video drivers listed there for download (they worked for the hp mini and the A150). The video drivers work like a charm. Here is a link to the video drivers that Aboshi posted and that I used http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=51803

Here is something that may help before doing the flag -f (from the above linked thread, thanks Aboshi)

"So now that OS X is installed when the mini reboots and you see the Chameleon boot loader. press any key to enter setup.
now type -s you should see boot: -s on the bottom left hand side of the screen, now press enter and it should boot you into single user mode.
with you get the command prompt it will look like this:
:/ root#
now type /sbin/fsck -fy and press enter
after it does its thing type: /sbin/mount -uw / and press enter
don't forget that / after -uw or you will not have write access. (My note to this (figured it out the hard way), make sure to have the space between -uw and / or it won't work).

Do Exactly as I say or you will hate life =)
Type: cd System/Library and press enter
Type: rm -r Extensions.mkext and press enter
Type: cd Extensions and press enter
Type: rm -r AppleIntelGMA*.* and press enter
Type: rm -r AppleIntelIntergrated*.* press tab and it will fill in the rest for you and press enter
Type: shutdown -r now
This will remove the kext cache and all of the Intel Graphic drivers because they do not work correctly (stuck at 800x600) and the system should now reboot."

when it reboots do the -f as mentioned at the Chameleon screen after pressing f8 and all should go well. :P

Between this thread and Aboshi's thread - I was able to get iatkos v7 installed on both a mini and on an A150.

the Asthmatic Avenger

the Asthmatic Avenger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The Asthmatic Avenger - to reboot with flag -f, what you need to do is ...

Thanks, I am going to try it out right now!

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Thanks, I am going to try it out right now!

Did it work for you?

macelix

macelix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
everything went well until the kext installation; first no change and then blue screen.
+ my dual boot got all messed up so i can't boot into win7 (+ no auto fix possible)
formatting and reinstalling everything
not cool considering i had no such problem so far

macelix

macelix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok, reinstalled and now i get stuck at the apple logo boot screen

macelix

macelix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
and finally, it's alive!
just a reminder, replace the keyboard prefpane for a better trackpad behaviour :)
thanks a lot everyone

schaeaef

schaeaef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

everything went well until the kext installation; first no change and then blue screen.
+ my dual boot got all messed up so i can't boot into win7 (+ no auto fix possible)
formatting and reinstalling everything
not cool considering i had no such problem so far

I have the same problem! I tried to install all the kexts with OSX86tools, but it doesn't work!! I just get a blue screen !!! Please help me, I had to reinstall twice... :-(

the Asthmatic Avenger

the Asthmatic Avenger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Did it work for you?

YES, it worked!

I used Sniper's help to figure out the -f flag, and the original poster's Video KEXTs, works 100%. Perfect video, correct resolution, full Quartz GL and all!

gerry Ho

gerry Ho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've tried last night to upgrade my A150 from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 by following the post and it works as it should be.

However, there was an error for the MobileMe PreferencePanel and it was fixed by copy the preferencepane file from my TM copy. Right now, I'm backing it up with TM. I'll fix Mic issue later.

Great works.

To: iPhilippe:

I am facing the same problem with you, can you help me to work this problem out by showing what preferencepane files you copied to the iatkos v7 system?

Thanks very much!!

maradios

maradios

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
reboot options - video drivers - bootloader

Hi, i am new with mac osx, perhaps these are stupid questions but....

1- how i "reboot in single user, -s" and "at the loaderreboot with flag -f"

2- I have the same machine (Acer Aspire One 150) and installed macosx just the guide and perfect until have to install video drivers.
I have selected one of the my1001TUvideokexts folder but when restart its freeze in the apple welcome screen. I dont know what i did wrong

3- The last thing is that at start up theres a nice windows (suppose chamelon2 boot) that shows (if i press any button) my pre installed winxp and win7. But if i want to run any of them an start up errors appears. Can i solve this or have to reinstall everything?

Thanks, and this post is the best i found!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy