dual boot with separate hdd's

2 posts in this topic

I have Win7 installed in one hdd and osx in another, but I boot into osx when having the win7 hdd UNPLUGGED, and vice versa if i want to boot into win7.

So I have 2 questions:

1. In Bios, I have ACHI enabled instead of IDE for osx to work, but for win7 to work I return it back to IDE. Is it always like that or is there something I could do??

2. As I said before, I have these 2 os's on separate hard drives, how can dual boot? Do I need to fix any MBR?

i also have a similar problem - i have Windows Vista OS on my 250gb Hard-Drive (C:\) and Mac OS X 10.5.5 on a partition off my 1TB Hard-Drive (K:\) i have been able to dual-boot with both OS's on the same Hard-Drive (on my laptop) but i am unable to work out how to do it with two hard-drives.

and maco55 for your first question my SATA controller is set to IDE in the BIOS and Mac OS X seems to work odd yours doesn't, as you stated ACHI doesn't work in Vista lol.

If anyone can help us with the dual-booting off separate hard-drives would be appreciated - I'm sure it's simple enough i just can't work it out.