VMware Mac OS X Guest Package for ESX, Workstation, Player, Server and Fusion

2,213 posts in this topic

thanks so far Mac SofK

hm that suxx -.-

I googled a lot for vt-x for my cpu and all I could find is an article that says that 3810t (with same mainboard) has an bios-update that supports vt-x (As my cpu DOES support it, but the bios does NOT, til now).

But as I am don´t want to risk my notebook right now, I will not try anything with another BIOS ... hm is there any hope for the future that it may be possible withouth that vt-x-stuff or have I just wasted money by buying SL and a osx-compatible wifi-dongle? ;-)

Greets

thanks so far Mac SofK

hm that suxx -.-

I googled a lot for vt-x for my cpu and all I could find is an article that says that 3810t (with same mainboard) has an bios-update that supports vt-x (As my cpu DOES support it, but the bios does NOT, til now).

But as I am don´t want to risk my notebook right now, I will not try anything with another BIOS ... hm is there any hope for the future that it may be possible withouth that vt-x-stuff or have I just wasted money by buying SL and a osx-compatible wifi-dongle? ;-)

Greets

Have you flashed your BIOS with the one that supports VT-x? Have you changed BIOS settings to enable it? Finally you need to cold boot the PC, pull the power cord for 30 seconds then power back on. Post your actually CPU number here and can look it up for you.

Donk any insight on why running these commands to get resize to work with svga driver gives me a "No Such File or Directory" error

sudo chown 0:0 libresolutionSet.dylib*

sudo /bin/cp -p libresolutionSet.dylib.3.0 '/Library/Application Support/VMware Tools/Plugins/System/libresolutionSet.dylib'

In Terminal I am in the Desktop directory for my profile and I copied the dylib files to my desktop. I also have vmware tools installed. Any reason why i get that error message for the second sudo command?

Also I read the manual on getting shares in vmware to work, in 10.5.6 I didnt have to run any commands and I got a vmware share folder on my desktop automatically (Workstation 7) but when I did a new vm for leopard and installed 10.6 I dont see a share folder on my desktop even though sharing is enabled int he settings for the Mac OS X Snow vm. Any thoughts? Thanks

Donk any insight on why running these commands to get resize to work with svga driver gives me a "No Such File or Directory" error

sudo chown 0:0 libresolutionSet.dylib*

sudo /bin/cp -p libresolutionSet.dylib.3.0 '/Library/Application Support/VMware Tools/Plugins/System/libresolutionSet.dylib'

In Terminal I am in the Desktop directory for my profile and I copied the dylib files to my desktop. I also have vmware tools installed. Any reason why i get that error message for the second sudo command?

You could try using the auto-install package found here:Auto Resolution Installer

Also I read the manual on getting shares in vmware to work, in 10.5.6 I didnt have to run any commands and I got a vmware share folder on my desktop automatically (Workstation 7) but when I did a new vm for leopard and installed 10.6 I dont see a share folder on my desktop even though sharing is enabled int he settings for the Mac OS X Snow vm. Any thoughts? Thanks

Do you have VMware fusion 3.0 tools installed? If you do it should just work out of the box, but for any other version below that you must run the modifications in the manual.

Hi Donk,

I just want to say thanks for this amazing guide, everything works great, except for sound that I have not been able to fix as of yet, the AppleAC97 kext that you supplied did not want to work. I will retry now that I have upgraded to 10.5.8.

Just a quick question, why is it that Snow Leopard will not work with the current method?

Thanks again!

Hi Donk,

I want to thank you for making this possible for all of us. I'm really impressed with my ESXi server running a happy Leopard Server thanks to your hard work.

Among all the work you do, are you making progress on Snow Leopard for ESXi?

Thanks Donk... You're the man........

First of all, thanks to everyone for their help.

Serious problem just cropped up from nowhere, while installing 10.5 on VMW7. Hardware/software setup is exactly the as posted in this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...474&st=740#

Now the problem is, I cannot use keyboard while installing 10.5. During setup, while partitioning the VM HDD, I couldn't type the partition name, pressing certain keys, repeatedly, the character shows up and sometimes the wrong one too. Using backspace either repeats some random character or don't do anything.

I however managed to get past the disk partition & installation process through a long and frustrated process of repeating button presses. But upon reboot currently I am stuck at the initial setup screen as I cannot type any use information, keyboard absolutely refuses to work! No such problem when I installed 10.6 in VMW7 w/SnowyDarwin.iso or previously when I installed 10.5 in VMW 6.5.3 w/Darwin.iso.

Installing 10.5 in VMW7 I noticed something, if I use the following options install dvd boots properly, goes through the gray mac boot screen pretty fast and the install GUI with the language options shows up right away, but I cannot use the keyboard to do any typing as mentioned above:

keyboard.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

mouse.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

On the other hand if I use = "FALSE" both these options, the gray mac boot screen stays on for several minutes, maybe longer & when the install GUI loads it stays blank with the background wallpaper and a colorful spinning wheel. With this VMX option set to FALSE, install language preferences never shows up & I cannot proceed with the installation itself.

I'm including 2 log files from when I tried to install 10.5 with both VMX optins, XXX.vusb.enable TRUE & FALSE.

I came across the same, here was my solution http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1314010

Thanks for the link, it sure will come in handy in the future. I have decided to do a clean install of 10.5 for now. However, I am running into a lot of trouble with the keyboard as mentioned above.I have a question for you though, how did you manage to get a lot more resolution in the display options, as you stated in the other thread? "I had to re-install v6 again to remove the graphic mod. No need to worry though after updating to v7 many more resolutions can be picked from within the OS."

Yes it is possible to run more than one VM under workstation, I am currently running OS X 10.5, 10.6, XP and Windows 2008. In terms of OS X 10.5 and 10.6 will need to uninstall the darwin-200 tools and then update the darwin-200 directory with the darwin.iso from the darwin-snowy zip then re-install the darwin tools. This will then allow you to support OS X Leapard and Snow Leopard, the standard darwin-200 tools do not support SL. 

On the shared folders front you need to enable then in VM Workstation 7 with options enable Shared Folders for the selected VM, it will require a folder specifying on the host, I select Always enabled, and it seems to work fine.

Good luck.

I have managed to install 10.6 without a problem, but not so lucky with 10.5 as mentioned at the beginning of this post!

Well, I have a question, I'm guessing that you had to install the VMWare Tools to get Shared Folders to work, but did you have to do anything else to have it work properly? Also, can you write to the shared folder or is OS X only able to read from it? I ask because I couldn't get VMWare Tools to work properly in 10.5.

osx_10.5_.vusb.enable.zip

First of all, thanks to everyone for their help.

Serious problem just cropped up from nowhere, while installing 10.5 on VMW7. Hardware/software setup is exactly the as posted in this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...474&st=740#

Now the problem is, I cannot use keyboard while installing 10.5. During setup, while partitioning the VM HDD, I couldn't type the partition name, pressing certain keys, repeatedly, the character shows up and sometimes the wrong one too. Using backspace either repeats some random character or don't do anything.

I however managed to get past the disk partition & installation process through a long and frustrated process of repeating button presses. But upon reboot currently I am stuck at the initial setup screen as I cannot type any use information, keyboard absolutely refuses to work! No such problem when I installed 10.6 in VMW7 w/SnowyDarwin.iso or previously when I installed 10.5 in VMW 6.5.3 w/Darwin.iso.

Installing 10.5 in VMW7 I noticed something, if I use the following options install dvd boots properly, goes through the gray mac boot screen pretty fast and the install GUI with the language options shows up right away, but I cannot use the keyboard to do any typing as mentioned above:

keyboard.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

mouse.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

On the other hand if I use = "FALSE" both these options, the gray mac boot screen stays on for several minutes, maybe longer & when the install GUI loads it stays blank with the background wallpaper and a colorful spinning wheel. With this VMX option set to FALSE, install language preferences never shows up & I cannot proceed with the installation itself.

I'm including 2 log files from when I tried to install 10.5 with both VMX optins,�XXX.vusb.enable TRUE & FALSE.

Thanks for the link, it sure will come in handy in the future. I have decided to do a clean install of 10.5 for now. However, I am running into a lot of trouble with the keyboard as mentioned above.I have a question for you though, how did you manage to get a lot more resolution in the display options, as you stated in the other thread? "I had to re-install v6 again to remove the graphic mod. No need to worry though after updating to v7 many more resolutions can be picked from within the OS."

I have managed to install 10.6 without a problem, but not so lucky with 10.5 as mentioned at the beginning of this post!

Well, I have a question, I'm guessing that you had to install the VMWare Tools to get Shared Folders to work, but did you have to do anything else to have it work properly? Also, can you write to the shared folder or is OS X only able to read from it? I ask because I couldn't get VMWare Tools to work properly in 10.5.

To uninstall the updated graphics drivers drop to a terminal session and input the following:

sudo /bin/rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/VMsvga2*

In terms of shared folders, yes you need the VMware tools, sorry should have made that clear, when you install the tools it creates a shared folders link, which you then need to turn on in your configuration and link to a local host location, and yes you can copy files in either direction without any issues.

I also have had a problem with installing 10.5 Leopard with the keyboard playing up, not sure when this started, as I have installed Leopard under the pre-release version of Workstaion 7. I wonder if the snowy darwin.iso is the problem, will do some investigation, and report back.

Cheers,

Mac SofK.

Hello,

i followed this tutorial and everything went great !

have 2 problems:

1. keyboard sometimes when i type fast it freez flooding the field i type in the the last letter i typed goes like : ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

2. the virtual drive is 20 GB, i've expanded it using the command : vmware-vdiskmanager -x 30 GB D:\MAC\Mac OSX.vmdk, took a while, fnished successfully, the size in the vmachine shows 30 GB, inside MAC OSX still 20 ( showing low diskspace error message) tried to verfiy the disk using Mac osx utilites no use

any clue ?

*i am using VMWorkstation 6.5.1

* MAC OSX is 10.5.8

thank !

To uninstall the updated graphics drivers drop to a terminal session and input the following:

In terms of shared folders, yes you need the VMware tools, sorry should have made that clear, when you install the tools it creates a shared folders link, which you then need to turn on in your configuration and link to a local host location, and yes you can copy files in either direction without any issues.

I also have had a problem with installing 10.5 Leopard with the keyboard playing up, not sure when this started, as I have installed Leopard under the pre-release version of Workstaion 7. I wonder if the snowy darwin.iso is the problem, will do some investigation, and report back.

Cheers,

Mac SofK.

Looks like need to re-introduce PS2 driver for Workstation 7. I will look into it for the new darwin.iso I am working on. Issue is need separate versions for Leopard and Snow Leopard, and so looking at Chameleon now for the loader.

Cheers,

Mac SofK.

Thanks for the prompt reply Mac Son of Knife. Alas I deleted the install and am trying to do a new one. As for the 10.5 & USB keyboard problem, I just remembered something; look at my reply to Donk below.

Looks like need to re-introduce PS2 driver for Workstation 7. I will look into it for the new darwin.iso I am working on. Issue is need separate versions for Leopard and Snow Leopard, and so looking at Chameleon now for the loader.

I just remembered something, USB keyboard & mouse did not work properly even in VMW 6.5.3 when I tried to install 10.5. I remember fiddling with settings in the VMX file & finally changing both XXX.vusb.enable = "FALSE"; keyboard finally worked properly & mouse stopped behaving erratically. Come to think of it I don't think I even enabled USB2 emulation in my first 10.5 setup!

If I understand you correctly, what you're saying is PS/2 drivers are missing from the current darwin-snowy.iso; right? In that case hope you do add them into any future update. By the way I'm having problem even installing 10.5 at this moment, because the keyboard doesn't work and not with using it with any program or such after the OS completely boots and loads the full GUI.

When we install any updated Darwin.iso in the future, will the currently installed copies of OS X still work in VMW or will I have to reinstall all of the OS's from scratch again?

Thanks for all the help. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the prompt reply Mac Son of Knife. Alas I deleted the install and am trying to do a new one. As for the 10.5 & USB keyboard problem, I just remembered something; look at my reply to Donk below.

I just remembered something, USB keyboard & mouse did not work properly even in VMW 6.5.3 when I tried to install 10.5. I remember fiddling with settings in the VMX file & finally changing both XXX.vusb.enable = "FALSE"; keyboard finally worked properly & mouse stopped behaving erratically. Come to think of it I don't think I even enabled USB2 emulation in my first 10.5 setup!

If I understand you correctly, what you're saying is PS/2 drivers are missing from the current darwin-snowy.iso; right? In that case hope you do add them into any future update. By the way I'm having problem even installing 10.5 at this moment, because the keyboard doesn't work and not with using it with any program or such after the OS completely boots and loads the full GUI.

When we install any updated Darwin.iso in the future, will the currently installed copies of OS X still work in VMW or will I have to reinstall all of the OS's from scratch again?

Thanks for all the help. Keep up the good work.

I wonder if using the darwin-200 version of the darwin.iso rather than applying the snowy version of the darwin.iso may resolve the keyboard issue at least until the Leopard install is complete. I will give it a go and report back.

Mac SofK

Donk,

Thanks for the heads up, keep up the good work on a new release of the darwin.iso. Trying to keep your load down in this topic, with what little help I can give!

Cheers,

Mac SofK

I wonder if using the darwin-200 version of the darwin.iso rather than applying the snowy version of the darwin.iso may resolve the keyboard issue at least until the Leopard install is complete. I will give it a go and report back.

Mac SofK

Donk,

Thanks for the heads up, keep up the good work on a new release of the darwin.iso. Trying to keep your load down in this topic, with what little help I can give!

Cheers,

Mac SofK

I have rebuilt the current ISO for Workstation 7/Player 3 and added back Voodoo PS2 controller. It can be found here:

http://www.filedropper.com/darwin-wks7 (Workstation 7 and Snow Leopard support)

This isn't the new boot loader I am working on but should fix the keyboard issues some people were having.

To install:

1. Ensure you have the original package installed

2. Run setup uninstall

3. Extract and replace darwin.iso in the package folder

4. Run setup install

To fix keyboard issues read the section 4.4 in the manual. To get the relevant keyboard layouts remember the Ukelele program http://scripts.sil.org/ukelele has great mappings that can be used on VMware.

I have rebuilt the current ISO for Workstation 7/Player 3 and added back Voodoo PS2 controller. It can be found here:

This isn't the new boot loader I am working on but should fix the keyboard issues some people were having.

To install:

2. Run setup uninstall

4. Run setup install

To fix keyboard issues read the section 4.4 in the manual. To get the relevant keyboard layouts remember the Ukelele program http://scripts.sil.org/ukelele has great mappings that can be used on VMware.

Donk,

Thanks for the interim .iso, had a quick look, appears to let Leopard boot and the keyboard works fine, but for infromation you do need to alter the following setting in your .vmx file:

keyboard.vusb.enable = "FALSE"

Obvious really bearing in mind what the patched .iso is based on, DoH! One minor issue, my SL now appears to hang on shutdown, although my now finished install of Leopard is fine, yet to install the VMware Tools. Do I need to re-install the updated tools from the patches solution in SL, or are the tools untouched?

Cheers,

Mac SofK.

Donk,

Thanks for the interim .iso, had a quick look, appears to let Leopard boot and the keyboard works fine, but for infromation you do need to alter the following setting in your .vmx file:

Obvious really bearing in mind what the patched .iso is based on, DoH! One minor issue, my SL now appears to hang on shutdown, although my now finished install of Leopard is fine, yet to install the VMware Tools. Do I need to re-install the updated tools from the patches solution in SL, or are the tools untouched?

Cheers,

Mac SofK.

Donk,

Sorry, the comment re amendments to the .vmx file was for anyone trying the patched .iso, it read a bit like I was telling you!

Oops!

Mac SofK

Donk,

Cheers,

Mac SofK.

Donk,

Sorry, the comment re amendments to the .vmx file was for anyone trying the patched .iso, it read a bit like I was telling you!

Oops!

Mac SofK

The ISO is exactly the same as before except for the addition of the PS2 driver to the RAM disk image used during boot. Keep an eye on any issues you see. So far I have had no problems with 10.5 or 10.6 guests. I realised the comment wasn't directed at me - I was too lazy to copy it in ;-)

Excuse my ignorance on this. Would the PS2 mouse fix resolve the issue where i cannot press and hold down to draw anything inside Photoshop?

I am new to this - Since I run this inside VMware 7.0 - getting the processor to be recognized as well as the Video card is not going to happen? The reason I am saying that is that I know that preview requires QE?

Just fumbling my way around as best that I can. I know it sounds elementary but I am trying to learn without asking too much. I have managed to get OSX SL loaded, it's not too bad in speed.

I know the VRAM 128MB has nothing to do with the actual. But obviously I cannot preview, tried to load Silverlight and it said I am on a PowerPC? not an Intel?

I have a Quad Core 2.53 processor with a 1G FX3700m by Nvidia. Sound is working fine. Things are not too bad as speed goes for being in VM. Shared folders works with VMTOOLs with Snow Darwin.

It's more of the Video that I am trying to get right. I have loaded the 1.2.2 update SVGAII.

I consider myself a long way in this from just starting to learn OSX and Darwin less than a week ago.

Thanks for any help and once again for the support.

To install:

2. Run setup uninstall

4. Run setup install

Donk, thanks a lot for the quick fix. When you do make a new boot loader & update darwin.iso, can you leave PS/2 controller & drivers in? In case the usb keyboard & mouse controller/driver doesn't work in VMW.

Mac Son of Knife, thanks a lot for the help. I was thinking the same, replace snowy-darwin.iso with the older darwin-200.iso. (But thanks to Donk, now I don't have to go through that much hassle.)

The ISO is exactly the same as before except for the addition of the PS2 driver to the RAM disk image used during boot. Keep an eye on any issues you see. So far I have had no problems with 10.5 or 10.6 guests. I realised the comment wasn't directed at me - I was too lazy to copy it in ;-)

Donk,

Thanks for the info, my SL does shutdown just seems to take longer than before I applied the patched darwin.iso, maybe just seems longer, watched kettle and all that! Otherwise patch is doing what it said on the tin!!

Cheers,

Mac SofK

P.S. I new the darwin.iso must be tricking VM the guest OS was server, only just noticed in the config header the client version is tagged as server, nice touch. If I want to run a legal retail version of server will I lose any functionality, maybe a stupid question, but!!

Excuse my ignorance on this. Would the PS2 mouse fix resolve the issue where i cannot press and hold down to draw anything inside Photoshop?

I am new to this - Since I run this inside VMware 7.0 - getting the processor to be recognized as well as the Video card is not going to happen? The reason I am saying that is that I know that preview requires QE?

Just fumbling my way around as best that I can. I know it sounds elementary but I am trying to learn without asking too much. I have managed to get OSX SL loaded, it's not too bad in speed.

I know the VRAM 128MB has nothing to do with the actual. But obviously I cannot preview, tried to load Silverlight and it said I am on a PowerPC? not an Intel?

I have a Quad Core 2.53 processor with a 1G FX3700m by Nvidia. Sound is working fine. Things are not too bad as speed goes for being in VM. Shared folders works with VMTOOLs with Snow Darwin.

It's more of the Video that I am trying to get right. I have loaded the 1.2.2 update SVGAII.

I consider myself a long way in this from just starting to learn OSX and Darwin less than a week ago.

Thanks for any help and once again for the support.

OK, need to clarify, the most recent discussions have been based on a keyboard fix rather than a mouse fix, Zenith432 has done an updated mouse driver, is this what you are refering to.

Also in terms of video, you have applied Zenith432's latest video driver 1.2.2, this is it currently, other than I beleive you can increase from 128mb vram size, but I am sure I have read somewhere 256mb is the max, but do not shoot the messanger!

Please also do not forget SL is new, and we are already at 10.6.2, so even on a real Mac all is not perfect, OK!

LoL,

Donk,

Thanks for the info, my SL does shutdown just seems to take longer than before I applied the patched darwin.iso, maybe just seems longer, watched kettle and all that! Otherwise patch is doing what it said on the tin!!

Cheers,

Mac SofK

P.S. I new the darwin.iso must be tricking VM the guest OS was server, only just noticed in the config header the client version is tagged as server, nice touch. If I want to run a legal retail version of server will I lose any functionality, maybe a stupid question, but!!

OK, need to clarify, the most recent discussions have been based on a keyboard fix rather than a mouse fix, Zenith432 has done an updated mouse driver, is this what you are refering to.

Also in terms of video, you have applied Zenith432's latest video driver 1.2.2, this is it currently, other than I beleive you can increase from 128mb vram size, but I am sure I have read somewhere 256mb is the max, but do not shoot the messanger!

Please also do not forget SL is new, and we are already at 10.6.2, so even on a real Mac all is not perfect, OK!

LoL,

Sounded a bit pompous, so an update, well more of an off topic rambling (please forgive), current Mac's are intel's just like PC's, OK the latest iMac's can have a 27" LED backlit screen and an Intel Core i7 Quad Core processors, sexy as hell, or Xeon Quad Core in the Pro's so powerful. But nothing a PC or PC Worksation does not do at least as well, back to the tin guys so bear with me on this. OS X is good, OK very good, and much better than Vista has ever been, but on the quiet MS have produced something very good, Windows 7, a match for OS X?

If you have any comments let me know and I will start a new topic, in the mean time still busting a gut to get the best out of OS X under VMware. Damn I love technology!

Mac SofK

Mac you are pompous ;) Just kidding - and no - Shaekespear wasn't right when he said "in all jest there is truth."

I thought the PS/2 was a fix for both mouse/keyboard. I will have to try to check into that and reload a new ISO and create a new machine with the updates. My keyboard.mouse will time out if I am working outside of the VMWARE OSX environment for a little bit. It works back and forth great and then all of a sudden no mouse/keyboard input in the OSX VM window. I have to reboot and get it back.

I run Windows 7 and I REALLY like it but like you I LOVE technology so I like to experiment. Also I support IT issues from time to time when I am not designing networks. So it's nice to fire up XP, Vista, OSX and be able to know what people are talking about when I offer to help. :)

I have been virtualizing servers for a while now but its always nice to play in something new(MAC OSX). I don't need to make it right but I like to know that it is RIGHT and how to tweak it and make it better.

We are of the same flock in regards to technologies. So I welcome any input. Notice I excused my ignorance :P It was my hall pass from being blasted.

All contributions are much appreciated and I hope to have some info while playing around with settings that might be of use for someone sooner or later.

I can't wait for the new ISO from Donk. Chameleon based? Hmmm.

I thought the PS/2 was a fix for both mouse/keyboard. I will have to try to check into that and reload a new ISO and create a new machine with the updates. My keyboard.mouse will time out if I am working outside of the VMWARE OSX environment for a little bit. It works back and forth great and then all of a sudden no mouse/keyboard input in the OSX VM window. I have to reboot and get it back.

Try reading the manual section I mentioned - you can also revert to PS2 mouse.

mouse.vusb.enable = "FALSE"

Also please read the section about ensuring guest does not go to sleep.

Mac you are pompous :) Just kidding - and no - Shaekespear wasn't right when he said "in all jest there is truth."

I run Windows 7 and I REALLY like it but like you I LOVE technology so I like to experiment. Also I support IT issues from time to time when I am not designing networks. So it's nice to fire up XP, Vista, OSX and be able to know what people are talking about when I offer to help. :)

I have been virtualizing servers for a while now but its always nice to play in something new(MAC OSX). I don't need to make it right but I like to know that it is RIGHT and how to tweak it and make it better.

We are of the same flock in regards to technologies. So I welcome any input. Notice I excused my ignorance :) It was my hall pass from being blasted.

All contributions are much appreciated and I hope to have some info while playing around with settings that might be of use for someone sooner or later.

I can't wait for the new ISO from Donk. Chameleon based? Hmmm.

Thanks for the input, re the "off topic" rantings.

In terms of dying mouse and keyboard, have you turned off the sleep function under System Preferences, Energy Saver, Computer sleep to Never and I set Display sleep: to 3 hrs, otherwise it complains. This may help.

Cheers.

Thanks for the input, re the "off topic" rantings.

In terms of dying mouse and keyboard, have you turned off the sleep function under System Preferences, Energy Saver, Computer sleep to Never and I set Display sleep: to 3 hrs, otherwise it complains. This may help.

Cheers.

Donk,

Sorry, to repeat your recommendation, must have been responding at the same time, great minds! LoL.

I want run SL Server under Windows 7

If i put guest os to darwin 10, it said that guest os darwin 10 not suported is.

I installed the new SL Darwin.iso and I#m running Workstation 6.5

Sorry for my bad english. i hope anyone understand what my problem is and can help me to find a solution ;)

I want run SL Server under Windows 7

If i put guest os to darwin 10, it said that guest os darwin 10 not suported is.

I installed the new SL Darwin.iso and I#m running Workstation 6.5

Sorry for my bad english. i hope anyone understand what my problem is and can help me to find a solution ;)

Retail SL will not run in Workstation 6.5 at the moment needs Workstation 7. Sorry!