Kexts from Psystar's OpenRestore Disc

27 posts in this topic

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7gju5q - Kexts

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2rspl - OpenRestore.pkg

I know OpenHaltRestart was of a lot of use to many people, so I thought maybe some of their other kexts might come in handy. Here is a list of what's in the ZIP:

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenAHCI.kext

OpenBlockDevice.kext

OpenCompatible.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

OpenInstall.kext

I thought maybe someone might want to take a look at them, and see if they could be of use to us

hy,

Thanks for the link. I had a look at those kext, and that's what i can say on them :

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext ====> Well known legacy plist for SATA controlers

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ====> DFE's IntelCPUPM disabler

OpenAHCI.kext ====> Legacy plist for ICH9 and ICH10 AHCI driver

OpenBlockDevice.kext ====> Legacy plist for orange hard drive icons (internal seen as external)

OpenCompatible.kext ====> SMBIOS injector

OpenHaltRestart.kext ====> Well known kext to fix Shutdown and Restart issues

OpenInstall.kext ====> Looks like a decrypter kext (dsmos / AppleDecrypt)

Bye.

• Like 1

hy,

Thanks for the link. I had a look at those kext, and that's what i can say on them :

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext ====> Well known legacy plist for SATA controlers

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ====> DFE's IntelCPUPM disabler

OpenAHCI.kext ====> Legacy plist for ICH9 and ICH10 AHCI driver

OpenBlockDevice.kext ====> Legacy plist for orange hard drive icons (internal seen as external)

OpenCompatible.kext ====> SMBIOS injector

OpenHaltRestart.kext ====> Well known kext to fix Shutdown and Restart issues

OpenInstall.kext ====> Looks like a decrypter kext (dsmos / AppleDecrypt)

Bye.

So, does that means is safe to install in any PC?

I was already using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext ant they work perfectly.

I replaced AppleDecrypt.kext with OpenInstall.kext and it works very well. - I think boot is slightly faster, but that may just be me excited with the new kexts.

Jun 26 16:52:32 localhost kernel[0]: OpenInstall: Starting...
Jun 26 16:52:32 localhost kernel[0]: OpenInstall: Generated passphrase & limerick, installing hooks.

OpenCompatible.kext is a very basic SMBIOS injector. Chameleon SM is much better.

I was already using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext ant they work perfectly.

I replaced AppleDecrypt.kext with OpenInstall.kext and it works very well. - I think boot is slightly faster, but that may just be me excited with the new kexts.

Jun 26 16:52:32 localhost kernel[0]: OpenInstall: Starting...
Jun 26 16:52:32 localhost kernel[0]: OpenInstall: Generated passphrase & limerick, installing hooks.

OpenCompatible.kext is a very basic SMBIOS injector. Chameleon SM is much better.

Thanks a lot for the tip!

There are some kexts of these that are only compatible with a Psystar machine, if you put it into any regular PC, it will cause kernel panics.

Psystar machines are built off of the shelf. If you look up reviews, you'll see mentions of Gigabyte motherboards. These aren't dangerous

Thanks for the link. I had a look at those kext, and that's what i can say on them

Thanks for looking into it. Did you happen to look into OpenRestore.pkg? I know once you install it, it gives you a login prompt once you run it, and you can't create an account for some reason, but if you right click and browse the installed file, there seems to be another kext

Psystar machines are built off of the shelf. If you look up reviews, you'll see mentions of Gigabyte motherboards. These aren't dangerous

Thanks for looking into it. Did you happen to look into OpenRestore.pkg? I know once you install it, it gives you a login prompt once you run it, and you can't create an account for some reason, but if you right click and browse the installed file, there seems to be another kext

Did you mean "lspcifrdv.kext" ? You certainly already used it :) It's bundled inside Osx86Tools, it is the driver for "lspci" app, wich give informations about your PCI devices. Vendor ID's / Device ID's

etc....

Cheers.

I tested both Openinstall.kext and OpenHaltRestart.kext from the above link on 10.5.7 and found slight improvement in boot time - it reduced to just 18 seconds from the moment when I hit the OSX in grub menu compared to the 24 seconds with AppleDecrypt. But the shut down/ restart time increased to 16 seconds from the earlier 8 seconds. So I restored the OpenHaltRestart with the old one. Later I found some problems with OpenInstall - some apps took more time to start and quit, especially iTunes 8.0.2 took long time to quit.

Yes, I started to get Finder and LoginWindow crashes, so went back to AppleDecrypt.

Same here.... after i went back to apple decrypt i kept getting console overflow about "page transform" something or other....

Whats that all about???

Same here.... after i went back to apple decrypt i kept getting console overflow about "page transform" something or other....

Whats that all about???

Probably you're using the debug version of AppleDecrypt that will show decryption details in verbose mode.

OpenInstall.kext suddenly made my finder crash continuously. I don't know what happened. It was working perfectly. I'm back to AppleDecrypt.kext

By the way, who made AppleDecrypt? I heard it was made by Psystar too.

OpenInstall.kext suddenly made my finder crash continuously. I don't know what happened. It was working perfectly. I'm back to AppleDecrypt.kext

By the way, who made AppleDecrypt? I heard it was made by Psystar too.

Pystar didn’t make it but i think they have the source for it

• 2 weeks later...