Boots to Scan Lines (Intell GMA950)

nezie

2 posts in this topic

I have installed OSX 10.5.6 using iDeneb v1.4 and IPC OSX the final version both of them i get the same results(I tried to use IATKOS v7 but it will not boot up due to some error trying to boot dvd). I selected all the drivers for my computer a Portege m400-S4031

Drivers:

- Chipset: ? didnt select one i didnt know what to choose so i choose none

-Video card: GMA 950

- Audio: Sigma 9200

- Wireless Card: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945

PROBLEM:

After install It loads past the blue screen then I get a grey screen with a few scan lines then the whole screen is Scan Lines vertical across the screen and they just fad in and out move around that is all that is projecting on the screen. Is there a patch or way to fix this issue that woud be great. and did i need to sect a chipset if so what one whould I choose.

EXTRA INFO:

Oh and i herd there was also a patch to alow for a touch screen in mac does any one know were i can find that patch or what it is called if not i was just felt like asking.

FEW COMP SPEC:

• Processor Intel Core Solo T1300 / 1.66 GHz
  • Data bus speed 667 MHz
  • Processor features Enhanced SpeedStep technology , Execute Disable Bit capability , Power-optimized processor system bus
  • Chipset type Mobile Intel 945GM Express
  • Graphics Processor / Vendor Intel GMA 950
  • Video Memory Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
  • Max Allocated RAM Size 128 MB
  • Display Type 12.1 in TFT active matrix
  • Max Resolution 1024 x 768 ( XGA )
  • Widescreen Display No

• 1 month later...

Using iatkos v7; I just spent a week trying to figure this out, still working on it. But what I found works is that I needed to have an external monitor connected to install plus one of the processors turned off, after installation I still needed the external monitor and as soon as I could log in to verbos mode with -v I found that if I selected fn and F5 and switched the monitor to the M400 screen that I got all of the available screen resolutions. For some reason if you install the 950rare package this will let you run without the need for an external monitor but will restrict the maximum resolution to 1280x1024 via com.apple.Boot.plist modification.

If any of the Turk team read this I would really like to know why I need to have an external monitor to make the resolutions work on the laptop screen. I don't have the knowledge that is why i would like to know.

Wrayski