NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE!

B612

109 posts in this topic

there is no loginwindow in the update so you shouldnt have this issue,could be you didnt copy finder back so it hangs when launching finder

do you have maxxuss decrypted files in your os x drives root if so run the replace.sh script

also note to everyone,to be safe just run the semjaza intel decrypted files installer after the update

well I think there are something like 98 files that need the amd enabler and 300+ patches so its a good chance you will need to,also a new amd enabler is needing to be made,i hope myzar gets one going soon as he said he figured out how to do it.

wow 98 freaking files , i'll see what i can do this weekend now i'm too busy with work. I hate apple so much :whistle:

Just ran the AMD Enabler, didn't help.

I'll try to access the Mac Partition via MacDrive and copy over the Maxxuss Files, maybe that helps

did you mount the the drive read write?

/sbin/mount -uw /

then run the amd enabler ?

there is no loginwindow in the update so you shouldnt have this issue,could be you didnt copy finder back so it hangs when launching finder

do you have maxxuss decrypted files in your os x drives root if so run the replace.sh script

also note to everyone,to be safe just run the semjaza intel decrypted files installer after the update

i have re copy finder.bak to finder

(cp -R /system/library/coreservices/finder.app.bak /system/library/coreservices/finder.app)

I did a mount-a before running.

The Enabler said, that it applied like 300 out of 400 patches, reading the output a little bit, it mostly said, that the patches were already applied or the the bytes don't exist at the place where there should be modified.

Also, to mention, the Mac freezed while it finished installing the Updaed, I think it was during the optimizing process..

I did a mount-a before running.

The Enabler said, that it applied like 300 out of 400 patches, reading the output a little bit, it mostly said, that the patches were already applied or the the bytes don't exist at the place where there should be modified.

Also, to mention, the Mac freezed while it finished installing the Updaed, I think it was during the optimizing process..

you should not have installed the update from the package its self. you should have done it with pacifist like i said

I had the problem of desktop picture but no finder, i luckily have os x installed on a spare 8GB HD so i could just copy finder across again, as the copy command must have failed for me, also found safari and preview were broken, then if you look at the contents it an update only, same as finder, so for safari and preview don't Replace just Update.

If you look at the three apps none have resources.

INTEL ONLY

notice System, Library, and CoreServices are NOT selected.

pacifist8gy.jpg

type in your password to authenticate when required

two popups will come up, "Bundle Already Exists" and "File Already Exists",

check "Don't Ask Again..." for both,

click on "Update" for Bundles,

click on "Replace" for Files

after installation of files completes, Reboot.

pacifist8gy.jpg

I installed coreservices :gun:

INTEL ONLY

pacifist8gy.jpg

If we do what you suggest, do we still need to install the folders one at a time?

As it seems I cannot recover my current Installation, does anybody know a way of backing up some Files via the Single User Mode? I can't access the Drive via MacDrive, strangely it just shows up unformatted...

How did u get the files on the HD?

I only have them on my JaS Installation DVD and right now only can access the Mac Partition via Single User Mode...

And, yeah, I'm on an AMD System...

you are screwed reinstall

;) mkay, I'll wait for my 80gb sata hd and reinstal... I'll be more carefull in the future, now that I'm aware of how delicate such updates are for the system ;)

Thanx for the answer. though..

---EDIT---

Now I have the Maxxuss-Patch Solution on my HD. I ran the replace.sh after modifying it to my needs (i.e. change Version) but it didn't help. Now, that I have the stuff on my root, maybe I can do somethin...

The first reboot still showed the same errors, diskutil doesn't want repair the permissions, in fact, it freezes if I want to let it run on my /

!!!!!INTEL ONLY FOR NOW!!!!

prep work

open a terminal and type in

sudo -s

then your user pass

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/finder.app /system/library/coreservices/finder.app.bak

then

1) Download the security update

2) mount the security update dmg and copy the update package to your desktop , open the security update package with pacifist

3) click on and install each part of the security update one at a time

3.1) if a box comes up saying file already exists,replace it...same goes for any bundels

4) Once you install all parts of the security update open the terminal again and type in

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/finder.app.bak /system/library/coreservices/finder.app

then open disk utility and repair permissions on your os x partition / drive

then reboot and your done.

is it all of finder.app or just the binary?