NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE!

B612

109 posts in this topic

Hi, guys.

Yes, there are new updates available.

I would install Quick Time 7.1, but I don't know about the Security Update 3. Maybe we should install it and then use Maxx..... Security Update Patch?

Anybody tried to do something?

Please let us know!

I tried it (Security Update 2006-003) and it broke osx 10.4.6 - or atleast with my wisdom it did :)

Did you backup your /System/Library/CoreSerices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow file and replace it before rebooting your system? Does the new patch even change loginwindow?

I'm not entirely happy with 10.4.6 relative to 10.4.5, so I would be willing to fiddle around with this tonight.

Thanks.

Did you backup your /System/Library/CoreSerices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow file and replace it before rebooting your system? Does the new patch even change loginwindow?

I'm not entirely happy with 10.4.6 relative to 10.4.5, so I would be willing to fiddle around with this tonight.

Thanks.

That would of been too easy - Just went for it - had to reinstall anyway.

Just installed both updates and all is working well,just use pacifist to install the sec update one part at a time as in quixos's method for updating from 4.5 to 4.6,then replace the file (Finder) with one you backed up pre update.

Also to be on the safe side you can replace all the files with maxxuss / semjaza ones if you want its up to you,just install them before you reboot

Yaay, it worked! :D Thanks JaS. It's a good thing that I heard of pico since i forgot to edit replace.sh before restarting ;)

Now repair permissions...

...oh i guess its not necessary, since none of the privilages were modified...

sure am wishing I kept that replace.sh file, think you could pm it to me please, I'll in return create a pkg for 2006-003 that is safe for us :D

i have prepared and finallized a new finder that is decrpyted from the new security update.

i will post new file in couple of hours.

note:

you can install all of update then just install my new finder and Your os will have a fresh new update installed.

i have prepared and finallized a new finder that is decrpyted from the new security update.

i will post new file in couple of hours.

note:

you can install all of update then just install my new finder and Your os will have a fresh new update installed.

SWEET!

!!!!!INTEL ONLY FOR NOW!!!!

prep work

open a terminal and type in

sudo -s

then your user pass

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/finder.app /system/library/coreservices/finder.app.bak

then

1) Download the security update

2) mount the security update dmg and copy the update package to your desktop , open the security update package with pacifist

3) click on and install each part of the security update one at a time

3.1) if a box comes up saying file already exists,replace it...same goes for any bundels

4) Once you install all parts of the security update open the terminal again and type in

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/finder.app.bak /system/library/coreservices/finder.app

then open disk utility and repair permissions on your os x partition / drive

then reboot and your done.

also note to everyone,to be safe just run the semjaza intel decrypted files installer after the update

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/finder.app /system/library/coreservices/finder.app.bak

Terminal say: "cp: /system/library/coreservices/finder.app.bak: Permission denied"

and now? :whistle:

edit/ sudo -s !! and then type in terminal "cp -R /system/library/coreservices/finder.app /system/library/coreservices/finder.app.bak"

I just installed the Security and Quicktime Update last night via the Software-Update.

Well, now my OS X ist broken. I have 10.4.6 from JaS...

I get tons of segmentation faults from ~/usr/sbin/distnoter , notifyd, and the first thing to fail ist: launch: com.apple.syslogd

Then there a repeating messages like

unknown SIGSEGVcode 0

Is my X Installation screwed now, or is there any chance I can repair it?

:-/

I just installed the Security and Quicktime Update last night via the Software-Update.

I get tons of segmentation faults from ~/usr/sbin/distnoter , notifyd, and the first thing to fail ist: launch: com.apple.syslogd

unknown SIGSEGVcode 0

lol

likewise. sitting at my girlfriend's computer now as 10.4.6 reinstalls :P

bugger!

i've deleted everything off the drive aside from the users folder. here's hoping when i create my account again during post-install my home folder will be as it was...

we live and learn :whistle:

unknown SIGSEGVcode 0

you have amd so try runing the amd enabler

Will do that.... thanx for the hint!

Do I have to rerun it everytime I make such an Update?

well I think there are something like 98 files that need the amd enabler and 300+ patches so its a good chance you will need to,also a new amd enabler is needing to be made,i hope myzar gets one going soon as he said he figured out how to do it.

{censored}!!!!

My System hangs after loginwindow in the desktop screen!!! And now? {censored}! I have following the jas instruction, but my system...

can you help me or must i new instal my system? :whistle:

sorry i´m very angry.... i work now with windows.... :P