need help with dd

astonmartin

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, first post here! :lol:

Ok. I got the tiger-x86-flat.img and followed the RadioTux Guide. When I dd the image into my AF partition, I get this message: "Error writing file: 87 The parameter is incorrect. Then I found after I did that all the data from my 2 gig logical partition was gone. I believe I typed the wrong partition.

The attached picture shows the partitions on my harddisk. I have a 47mb FAT partition for bootmagic, a 36gb NTFS partition for XP, the 6.5gb AF partition for OSX and then 3 logical NTFS partitions for my data.

Diskpart says my OSX (unknown) partition is Partition 3 so I dd'ed the image into partition 3. However, that's not the right partition. :( Can anyone tell me what partition it is?

Thanks guys! :D

post-5176-1125600044_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Hi guys, first post here! laugh.gif

Ok. I got the tiger-x86-flat.img and followed the RadioTux Guide. When I dd the image into my AF partition, I get this message: "Error writing file: 87 The parameter is incorrect. Then I found after I did that all the data from my 2 gig logical partition was gone. I believe I typed the wrong partition.

The attached picture shows the partitions on my harddisk. I have a 47mb FAT partition for bootmagic, a 36gb NTFS partition for XP, the 6.5gb AF partition for OSX and then 3 logical NTFS partitions for my data.

Diskpart says my OSX (unknown) partition is Partition 3 so I dd'ed the image into partition 3. However, that's not the right partition. sad.gif Can anyone tell me what partition it is?

Thanks guys! biggrin.gif

"Error writing file: 87 The parameter is incorrect"

Use this guide: http://www.osxx86.info/installguide/installguide.htm

You probably did not use WinRAR to decompress the IMG file.

The file size should be 6,290,928 KB otherwise its corrupted by whatever extractor you used.

:thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: Use Diskpart command "LIST PARTITION" to get the correct partition number.

Edited by robystar