ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4570

speaker219

94 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to ask this question, but despite my desperate attempts to get the resolution changed, I fail. Obviously, I've got the Mobility HD4570 (Studio 1555), but anything 'hackintosh' wise, I'm pretty much stuck.

I tried Tohych's kext (or should I call that dong?), but I can't get native resolution. Could someone please explain to me in English - or at least, UNIX speak?

Thank you, and I'd appreciate any help.

At the moment to boot in normal mode you have to remove ATI4500controller y ATIX2000 kext from System/Library/Extensions. No more solutions now.

Look for RadeonHD.kext to have Native Resolution.

yes! same issue here. it depends on the correct ATI kexts that are not written to correctly output to our displays.

radeonHD is a good alternative, but only in -x32 mode and it is not working together with x2000 kext, that enables QE/CI.

I have no time to try to modify any framebuffer, so I'm waiting for somebody doing it. Maybe in a while I can spend time on this...

@Westie:

try to be sure your system has right drivers specs to load RadeonHD:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=204348

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are on about. I initially used that topic to try to change the resolution, but to no avail. And yes, I am using the 18th December kext.

ok, if, as you wrote, you cannot change resolution, first of all try to understand in system profiler if radeonhd kext has been loaded.

if not maybe because of a conflict with the x2000 kext or because of the presence of the graphicsenabler=y in your com.apple.boot plist

anyway ifthe radeonhd kext was loaded and you still cannot change the resolution, be sure to add -x32 kernel flag (required for this kext) on bootup.

that's what is written in the page posted above, and solved my resolution change issue

(By the way, my OS is 10.5.8)

There's no ATIRadeonX2000 kext, which I presume is what you're on about. I tried to experiment with that, but ended up with a black screen, unsurprisingly (so I deleted it about a week ago).

According to the System Profiler, RadeonHD is indeed loaded, and even when booting in -x32, the resolution won't change. Boo hoo. :<

Also, there's no GraphicsEnabler in my com.apple.Boot.plist, to make sure, here's my plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>None</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
	<key>device-properties</key>
   <string><% Long hex string here %></string>
</dict>

(By the way, my OS is 10.5.8)

There's no ATIRadeonX2000 kext, which I presume is what you're on about. I tried to experiment with that, but ended up with a black screen, unsurprisingly (so I deleted it about a week ago).

According to the System Profiler, RadeonHD is indeed loaded, and even when booting in -x32, the resolution won't change. Boo hoo. :<

Also, there's no GraphicsEnabler in my com.apple.Boot.plist, to make sure, here's my plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>None</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
	<key>device-properties</key>
   <string><% Long hex string here %></string>
</dict>

try removing your device-properties line and your hex string. that is typically for QE CI capable cards

Sorry I'm running 10.6. I don't know how to do with leo..

However with no specs in your signature it is even more difficult....

good luck

Coke are you using snow leopard at dell studio 1555 without ATI driver?

Any one know any working method of snow on dell studio 1555? i use usb bootable iPortableSnow and it work fine but no audio no lan no wireless no vga and when we will able to get that card working will that card work on snow or we will never ever use that card (in other mean we can not get Leopard or Snow on our dell studio 1555. anyone can help?

Thanks

Coke are you using snow leopard at dell studio 1555 without ATI driver?

Any one know any working method of snow on dell studio 1555? i use usb bootable iPortableSnow and it work fine but no audio no lan no wireless no vga and when we will able to get that card working will that card work on snow or we will never ever use that card (in other mean we can not get Leopard or Snow on our dell studio 1555. anyone can help?

Thanks

My system is inspiron 1545, take a look in my signature.

for the graphics I'm actually using the dong's radeonHD kext to get full resolution support without QE/CI and in 32 bit mode

apart this only sleep is not working

It unfortunately does not work for me.

I used RadeonHD in -x32 mode (ATI4500Controller.kext and atiradeonx2000.kext removed), I have not enabled graphicsenabler in boot.plist. I don't have any device properties string in boot.plist either.

This makes me think my problem will remain unsolved. I don't need QE/CI for now, just want to get my 1920x1080 resolution. :)

• 1 month later...

i need some help removing some kexts which i believ are preventing ideneb 1.6 lite edition from booting on my studio 1555.

in S/L/E/, i have found the following folder which raise questions for me:

Appleintelcpupowermanagement needs to go, because i've read that it screws up combo updates.

the rest, i do not know what to do with

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRadeon.kext

ATIRadeon8500.kext

ATIRadeon8500DVDDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon8500GA.plugin

ATIRadeon8500GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon8500VADriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700.kext

ATIRadeon9700DVDDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700VADriver.bundle

ATIRadeonDVDDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonGA.plugin

ATIRadeonGLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

ATIRNDRV.kext

there are also some similar directories for some of the GeForce cards.

I dont' know where to lay the blame for my laptop's inability to boot into ideneb, but i was hoping that someone who has found success with the Studio 1555 with the radeon 4570 could tell me which directories within S/L/E/ need to be removed. also, i cannot boot into safe mode under ideneb. the safe mode flag is -x right?

i have been advised from several guides that it is just atiradeonx2000.kext that needs to be removed, but im not sure if those other directories are on the computers which these guides are based on.

update:

removing atiradeonx2000.kext did not allow my system to get past the gray apple logo. the spinning circle never showed up.

i removed the four folders which begin with atiradeonx2000, so anything related to that card was removed... no avail.

should i remove any and all graphics card drivers, then just upload radeonhd.kext from the december 18th post?

i can't find ati4500controller.kext when i install ideneb 10.5.8

from what i've read, he best thing to do for my laptop, the dell studio 1555 is to install with just the ichx fix and power management bundle

when i search the mac os in hfsexplorer or macdrive 8, i can find S/L/E/atiradeonx2000.kext, but i can't find the other file i need to delete.

also, how do you do a combo update on a hackintosh that is using a distro for the install? i can't just download the 10.6.3 update from apple and then apply it can i?

i can't find ati4500controller.kext when i install ideneb 10.5.8

from what i've read, he best thing to do for my laptop, the dell studio 1555 is to install with just the ichx fix and power management bundle

when i search the mac os in hfsexplorer or macdrive 8, i can find S/L/E/atiradeonx2000.kext, but i can't find the other file i need to delete.

also, how do you do a combo update on a hackintosh that is using a distro for the install? i can't just download the 10.6.3 update from apple and then apply it can i?

ati4500conroller.kext only appears on SL 10.6.2 and 10.6.3, not in Leopard.

ati4500conroller.kext only appears on SL 10.6.2 and 10.6.3, not in Leopard.

ok. that still gives me a problem, because i delete atiradeonx2000.kext using macdrive 8 and i still can't get my operating system to start. the gray circle under the apple logo never appears.

anyone know how to make ideneb 1.6 lite edition (or better yet, retail Snow Leopard) work with a mob radeon 4570? I know of a driver that supports native resolution, but not QE/CI.

QE/CI for Mobility Radeon HD won't exist unless Apple starts using them in their systems.

Most you will get is native res, if that.

i know. that's why im asking if i can use the radeonhd10.6.kext for a retail install to get native res

• 2 weeks later...
i know. that's why im asking if i can use the radeonhd10.6.kext for a retail install to get native res

Yes, you can. If you are doing a Retail Install from a USB drive you can remove all ATI kext and copy dong's RadeonHD kext to S\L\E (You have to use Kext Utily after that). Now you will be able to have Native Res. without QE/CI in your install.

But when you will start your first boot you will have to do the same (Remove ATI's kext and Install Dong's Kext).