ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4570

speaker219

94 posts in this topic

Also working on the 4570, wish I had more time to dedicate to it but I've dinked with it for a bit now.

ID is 1002 9553 on the 4570 in my Toshiba U500, and if the ATI kexts are present I have to start up in safe mode or delete them in single user mode or I get a garbled screen.

Tried 10.5.8 from iAtkos load, and a plain vanilla install of 10.6 with the update to 10.6.1. All of them did the same thing, garbled screen or blocks of white and black and a freeze. Looks like this card is similar to the 4350 and 4550 desktop cards, the M92 chip is based off the RV710.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@npassaro

no change in screen resolution it's still 1024x768

only thing that would make it change is by loading the appropriate kext for our graphics card, but being one of the latest graphics card (HD4570), I think we'll have to wait till apple uses the similar one in their desktops/laptops OR keep dreaming that some developer would write kext for our device

I just got a Dell Studio 15 laptop, and it has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 card.

Is it compatible with OSx86?

It is part of this series.

I dont know, if you going to install ideneb you can try de driver for HD 3650... may work....

damn installd iatkos v7 instals great every thing ok but no network no sound and only safe mode boot becouse if i boot normaly i get i gray screen and some wird imagines froam the cursor.....

amd turion x2

4 gig ram

gigabit broadcom netlink

500 hdd

video:4570 512

give me sommething guys 2 month tried distros but no luck now finaly got it to install but have all these problems could use a hand im very new at this..thx alot!

Hey guys, could any of help me out? Im new here. Im currently using HP Pavillion Dv2 - 1003AX. Its a AMD Athlon-Neo Processor, with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 graphic card. I was just wondering whether the Mac OS X 10.5.6 would work on my laptop. And if yes, where could i find the instructions to do so. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

woow!!! It worked for me!! I've a Acer 5738Z with ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 and I can change resolution with RadeonHD.kext. I started with 640x480 mode the first time.

Thanks!! Not CI/QE but at least Native Resolution!!

Hi guys. I've done the same as SilentViper in this pos thttp://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=204348 and now it works better. I've changed enableHWCurso from True to False and now I don't need to put graphics mode in the boot. It works fine since the first moment :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've read a lot about ATI cards the last days. I think that we have the same problem that HD4330's users. (The 4330 and the 4570 have the same chipset). The problem is that the system can't detect the monitor well when we use the ATI's kext (10.6.2). You can see more information in this topic and this one.

I've tested with 4500 & X200 kext with my DeviceID (9553) and I've the blackscreen.Maybe somebody makes a fix soon.