ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4570

speaker219

94 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have dell studio with 4570. full HD screen. and until now, the best resolution i got was with another ati driver and was 11XX on 8XX something.

with IPC 10.5.6

Waiting for news too.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I also have dell studio with 4570. full HD screen. and until now, the best resolution i got was with another ati driver and was 11XX on 8XX something.

with IPC 10.5.6

Waiting for news too.

Which driver did you use? I also have a Dell Studio (mine's 1555) and would like to get my video card working, but I haven't seen a working solution yet. Is there any news related to this card (just saw that the 48x0 series works so a solution for 4570 must exist).

So anyway, I tried installing almost all distributions I could find (had most success with iDeneb), but I haven't figured out a way to increase the resolution (now it's 1024x768). Has anyone at least figured out a way to push the resolution up to native (1366x768 in my case). The computer in case is a Dell Studio 1555, the specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo T6400

Intel PM45

15.6" display

4GB RAM 800MHz

320GB Serial ATA HDD

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

Dell Wireless 1397

Dell TrueMobile Bluetooth

I managed to get some of the more important stuff to work, but the only thing missing is the resolution to be really usable.

Nope not yet

Do you have some info about this? You say that it will be supported. Don't give people false hope. It won't be supported never offically because if they wanted to support it then we would already have some kexts! And without offical support i doubt that someone could create some quality kext that works fine and which can use 100% of card features like in MS Windows.

Has anyone at least figured out a way to push the resolution up to native (1366x768 in my case).

type this in darwin boot options:

"Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32"

or edit boot.plist file so you won't have to type this every time when you want to boot OSX.

But no QE support and without QE i don't see why would someone use OSX, everything is so slooow...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to run leopard on my dell studio 1555 laptop for past few days, till now I've tried kalyway 10.5.1(coz I've installed it on my desktop almost successfully few months before) & iPC OSX86 10.5.6 & somehow managed to complete the installation (used external usb keyboard & mouse to complete the installation as leopard refused to recognize my laptop keypad)

Currently my studio is equipped with iPC OSX86 10.5.6 with no sound, no quartz extreme, no kexts loaded for graphic card & many more hw drivers issues.

BUT MOST SURPRISINGLY I CAN USE LEOPARD ONLY WHEN EXTERNAL USB KEYBOARD & MOUSE ARE ATTACHED AS MY LAPTOP KEYPAD & TRACK PAD IS NOT RECOGNIZED.

It's quite urgent to get my laptop keypad & track pad working before proceeding with other hw fixes.

I believe there exists solution for this so please give a reply if u know the solution.

How can I resolve the audio problem?

Did I choose right distro for my dell studio1555?

Is there any tutorial specifically dedicated for leopard on dell studio 1555?

Which distro works best on studio 1555?

Heard that the HD3600 and HD4570 have the same Device ID (9598), also both use the same GPU (RV630) so they must be compatible.

Did any one tried installing the same kexts which were used for the 3600?

I might give a try for this if my keypad & track pad issues are fixed.

note: while installing leopard using iPC osx86 I've checked only the base system & laptop display in the custmize menu.

DELL STUDIO 1555 :

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6500 (2.10GHz/ 800 FSB/ 2MB Cache)

intel PM45 chipset

4GB (2X2GB) DDR2 SDRAM Memory

256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

320GB SATA Hard Drive

15.6” 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™ and Built-in 2.0MP Web Cam

Intel High Definition IDT 92HD73C1 Audio 2.2

>type this in darwin boot options:

> "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32"

>or edit boot.plist file so you won't have to type this every time when you want to boot OSX.

does this fix really works?

It didn't worked for me, I'm using dell studio 1555

I've been trying to run leopard on my dell studio 1555 laptop for past few days, till now I've tried kalyway 10.5.1(coz I've installed it on my desktop almost successfully few months before) & iPC OSX86 10.5.6 & somehow managed to complete the installation (used external usb keyboard & mouse to complete the installation as leopard refused to recognize my laptop keypad)

Currently my studio is equipped with iPC OSX86 10.5.6 with no sound, no quartz extreme, no kexts loaded for graphic card & many more hw drivers issues.

BUT MOST SURPRISINGLY I CAN USE LEOPARD ONLY WHEN EXTERNAL USB KEYBOARD & MOUSE ARE ATTACHED AS MY LAPTOP KEYPAD & TRACK PAD IS NOT RECOGNIZED.

It's quite urgent to get my laptop keypad & track pad working before proceeding with other hw fixes.

I believe there exists solution for this so please give a reply if u know the solution.

How can I resolve the audio problem?

Did I choose right distro for my dell studio1555?

Is there any tutorial specifically dedicated for leopard on dell studio 1555?

Which distro works best on studio 1555?

Heard that the HD3600 and HD4570 have the same Device ID (9598), also both use the same GPU (RV630) so they must be compatible.

Did any one tried installing the same kexts which were used for the 3600?

I might give a try for this if my keypad & track pad issues are fixed.

note: while installing leopard using iPC osx86 I've checked only the base system & laptop display in the custmize menu.

DELL STUDIO 1555 :

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6500 (2.10GHz/ 800 FSB/ 2MB Cache)

intel PM45 chipset

4GB (2X2GB) DDR2 SDRAM Memory

256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

320GB SATA Hard Drive

15.6” 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™ and Built-in 2.0MP Web Cam

Intel High Definition IDT 92HD73C1 Audio 2.2

>type this in darwin boot options:

> "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32"

>or edit boot.plist file so you won't have to type this every time when you want to boot OSX.

does this fix really works?

It didn't worked for me, I'm using dell studio 1555

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?...0&board=8.0

works on all keyboard and mouse/trackpad

Please research before installing OSX :)

• 2 weeks later...
Bumpdiggity! Just wondering about the HD 4570 card compatability.

I have a Sony VAIO SR Series and it's all running like a charm just sick of 1024x768, need my 1280x800!

Thanks!

How'd it work like a charm except QE?

it's almost worthless to run mac OS without quartz extreme enabled ....

plenty of apps won't work as ur VRAM is not usable

Hi everyone, i bought a dell studio 1555 and i had been trying to install iAtkos v7 at least 20 time, with out succesfull, can anyone tell me, how do i install it? all the steps in the customize section and after the install if i had to put some parameters on the boot,

i will apreciate any info,

thanks in advance

How'd it work like a charm except QE?

it's almost worthless to run mac OS without quartz extreme enabled ....

plenty of apps won't work as ur VRAM is not usable

Well yes, it's gimped. I meant the install went well, right now I am just using win7 and biding my time MUHAHAHAHA.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I have a Dell Studio 15 1555 too.

I have deleted the disk C partition and split it into two. I have installed VISTA again in the first partition, then I have moved the WIM factory image from the RECOVERY disk to the second partition.

Then I formated the RECOVERY partition with iDenev DVD.

I made MAC OS X boot by installing iDeneb 1.5.1 10.5.7 with the following drivers and fixes:

Under iDeneb Patches 10.5.7 Ready, under Drivers, Under Chipset, mark "AHCI Fix" and "ICHc Fixed" also

Under video drivers locate and mark "HD4830"

For some reason Darwin boots directly the Windows Vista, so I have to leave the IDeneb DVD inside the unit if I want to boot from MAC partition.

If I press F8 to customize Darwin boot it just do not works. I just have to boot from the DVD and wait for Darwin's timeout. I don't know how to fix that.

The resolution is probably 1024 x 768. I don't have wifi, sound or good viedo yet. Does anyone know wich drivers should I use?

How can I change the drivers without re-installing all the thing again?

I have found in some forums that Broadcom drivers are compatible with Dell 1397 Wifi card. Let's see. I'll let you know the results.

Hi.

I have deleted the disk C partition and split it into two. I have installed VISTA again in the first partition, then I have mov.......

I have found in some forums that Broadcom drivers are compatible with Dell 1397 Wifi card. Let's see. I'll let you know the results.

Hi people! I'm finally here posting from my new OS X installation.

I have resumed my installation in the following post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1268174

My dell is still at 1024x768 and without audio. If anyone knows how to fix it please let me know. In addition, I still have to leave the iDeneb DVD inside the unit and let darwin time-out if I want to boot MAC OS.

Peace

Bumpdiggity! Just wondering about the HD 4570 card compatability.

I have a Sony VAIO SR Series and it's all running like a charm just sick of 1024x768, need my 1280x800!

Thanks!

I have a Vaio SR as well, but I can't seem to get OSX86 to install. Which release are you using? I'm trying with the iATKOS_7 version. What customized settings are you using?

I have a Vaio SR as well, but I can't seem to get OSX86 to install. Which release are you using? I'm trying with the iATKOS_7 version. What customized settings are you using?

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...ed&pid=1128

under ATIRadeonX2000.kext, theres a device id listed for the mobility 4500 series.

but apparently this kext can be found in an iatkos v7 install.

can you find that file anywhere?

the problem im having is that after installing, the installation says that it needs to reboot. It then enter the shutdown screen, but the little wheel never stops spinning. If I manually shut it down and then boot and enter OSX, I just get a gray screen with flickering colors.

Could the video driver be preventing the computer from properly shutting down?

the problem im having is that after installing, the installation says that it needs to reboot. It then enter the shutdown screen, but the little wheel never stops spinning. If I manually shut it down and then boot and enter OSX, I just get a gray screen with flickering colors.

Could the video driver be preventing the computer from properly shutting down?

not sure.

try doing a combo of retail and iatkos.

install retail leopard with the boot 132 method and then load up iatkos, don't install the iatkos main system, just select the drivers you need. you used ATI HD on iatkos right?

• 3 weeks later...
not sure.

try doing a combo of retail and iatkos.

install retail leopard with the boot 132 method and then load up iatkos, don't install the iatkos main system, just select the drivers you need. you used ATI HD on iatkos right?

video doest work. on ideneb 10.5.5, i've gotten sound to work on a studio 1555, i've gotten ethernet to work, usb, keyboard and mouse all worked too.

atiradeonx2000.kext did nothing for me.

Hi.

I have deleted the disk C partition and split it into two. I have installed VISTA again in the first partition, then I have moved the WIM factory image from the RECOVERY disk to the second partition.

Then I formated the RECOVERY partition with iDenev DVD.

I made MAC OS X boot by installing iDeneb 1.5.1 10.5.7 with the following drivers and fixes:

Under iDeneb Patches 10.5.7 Ready, under Drivers, Under Chipset, mark "AHCI Fix" and "ICHc Fixed" also

Under video drivers locate and mark "HD4830"

For some reason Darwin boots directly the Windows Vista, so I have to leave the IDeneb DVD inside the unit if I want to boot from MAC partition.

If I press F8 to customize Darwin boot it just do not works. I just have to boot from the DVD and wait for Darwin's timeout. I don't know how to fix that.

The resolution is probably 1024 x 768. I don't have wifi, sound or good viedo yet. Does anyone know wich drivers should I use?

How can I change the drivers without re-installing all the thing again?

Why select HD 4830?

does it make the 4570 work? (QE/CI enabled?)

what about the "resolution fix" selection?

for audio, try either IDT, or AppleAzaliaAudio.

did you change the ID of your card in the plist inside the kext?

(haven't tried it yet but i will tomorrow with my toshiba satellite L500)

the device id was already in the plist i think.

i checked the plist on windows before i installed the driver on my osx86 partition and if i remember correctly it was listed.