[GUIDE] QE/CI with ATI Radeon 2400XT 0x94c1

Giorgio_multi

40 posts in this topic

10.5.8 => got the same picture like dtkenmo with the ATIRadeonX2000.kext from the download installed.

- Yes i have delete the old one before

- yes i have change the id into 94c31002 (i have the HD2400pro)

- yes i have replace the com.apple.boot.plist

- no i dont have any natit in the system

- anv is my default kernel (9.7.x)

but it looks like the picture dtkenmo postet. any ideas?

Try to repair permissions

Giorgio

i have try ... but no success. It's crazy: this screen appears on every try to ad the 94c31002 ID into my info.plist

on every hint i found in the forum - ervytime i add my ID into the file, my machine boots up with this screen. If i boot in safemode and delete my entry in the same kext - next start is going fine (without QE/CI of course)

does it matter that my card is a sapphire ATI radeon HD 2400 Pro ?

i have try ... but no success. It's crazy: this screen appears on every try to ad the 94c31002 ID into my info.plist

on every hint i found in the forum - ervytime i add my ID into the file, my machine boots up with this screen. If i boot in safemode and delete my entry in the same kext - next start is going fine (without QE/CI of course)

does it matter that my card is a sapphire ATI radeon HD 2400 Pro ?

Also my card is a sapphire ATI radeon HD 2400 Pro.

Giorgio

• 4 weeks later...
10.5.8 => got the same picture like dtkenmo with the ATIRadeonX2000.kext from the download installed.

- Yes i have delete the old one before

- yes i have change the id into 94c31002 (i have the HD2400pro)

- yes i have replace the com.apple.boot.plist

- no i dont have any natit in the system

- anv is my default kernel (9.7.x)

but it looks like the picture dtkenmo postet. any ideas?

So after couple days of trying everything got it working. Try to open EfiStudio and replace all Iagos to Megalodons yourself and then write from there to the boo.plist. Then boot with -v -f.

Good luck!

btw. I have iPc 10.5.6 install that I updated to 10.5.7 and anv 9.6.0 v1.4 kernel if that helps. Gonna now update to 10.5.8 hopefully everything is still gonna work.

Edit: Celebrated too early the pkg. installer isn't working. Anyone got solution for that?

I've change the id in ATI2400Controler.kext with my and and put efi string in com.apple.boot.plist, now I have resolution 1680x1050 but no hardware acceleration.

In Snow 2400 (XT and PRO) don't works, only resolution change.

Giorgio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
ATI Radeon 2400XT (94c1)

For Leopard 10.5.7:

VERY IMPORTANT: with AMD CPU, with Leopard 10.5.7 and 10.5.8 this method works only with anv kernel, with voodoo kernel there is the screen freeze.

Download this: zip.gif 2400xt_10.5.7.zip ( 383.25K ) Number of downloads: 47

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and install the one downloaded with kexthelper

2) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

3) delete natit.kext (if You have it in /System/Library/Extensions)

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

This method works also with Leopard 10.5.8. With AMD CPU this method works only with anv kernel, with voodoo kernel the video freeze.

For HD2400 Pro change in the info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext 0x94c11002 with 0x94c31002

Giorgio

Hi Giorgio,

I'm also getting a scrambled black screen like dtkenmo. I followed your instructions exactly tried it on 10.5.7 & 10.5.8 both not working.

AMD x2, 4GB, ATI Radeon 2400 XT 0x94c1, Anv 9.7.0 Kernel, Chameleon 2.0

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I have been reading through all these threads about the ati hd 2400 pro problems and i am trying to get QE/CI to work but like you guys experinced i got the screen with garbled out put after boot up too but then... I found the FIX!!!!! I changed the device id in the AtiRadeonX2000.kext/info.plist then in the com.apple.boot.plist i added the lines <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>y<string> then installed Triakis_2400_2600_3800.zip, then deleted the extension.mkext. I rebooted and i can change the resolutions and i have full QE/CI support. Im running iAtkos v7 with an Ati HD 2400 Pro device id 094c3.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys. I have been reading through all these threads about the ati hd 2400 pro problems and i am trying to get QE/CI to work but like you guys experinced i got the screen with garbled out put after boot up too but then... I found the FIX!!!!! I changed the device id in the AtiRadeonX2000.kext/info.plist then in the com.apple.boot.plist i added the lines <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>y<string> then installed Triakis_2400_2600_3800.zip, then deleted the extension.mkext. I rebooted and i can change the resolutions and i have full QE/CI support. Im running iAtkos v7 with an Ati HD 2400 Pro device id 094c3.

I get the same garbled screen as the others then a blue screen followed by a white screen.

Where do I get Triakis_2400_2600_3800.zip?

• 5 weeks later...
funziona anche con hd 2400 mobile?

No, with mobile series don't works.

Scusa, intervieni nella guida inglese in italiano, perchè non lo hai fatto sulla guida italiana?