Mac OSX on Acer Aspire Timeline 4810TZ

acerboy

111 posts in this topic

Hey, i got ahold of Mac OS X 10.6.2 Patched for PC UNIVERSAL.

I installed it on my USB flash device using USB-IT.

Changed boot settings in bios to the usb but after a while it stops and displays ''still waiting for root device'' and simply gets stuck.

I have an acer timeline 4810TZG.

Please help me !

• 3 weeks later...
Very interesting! I like the fact that you have 2 finger scroll. :-) I don't have that. How did you get it? I am running iATKOS 10.5.7 on a 4810TZ-4508. The things I have working are as follows:

USB's

Card Reader

Keyboard and Trackpad (Tap twice for double click)

Sound

Mic

Headphones

Camera

GMAX3100 Fix for 4500 native res (VLC sound only)

Things I haven't tested

HDMI

Thing that don't work YET!

LAN

WiFi

For some reason I was not able to get the USB's to work with other Distros and I just tried the 10.6.2 release from Hazard. I got it to install but was unable to get the USB's to work. Oh but if you were wondering it is nice and fast. But not that much faster than 10.5.7. :-)

Well if you can give me the secret to two finger scrolling that would be great. Thanks

E

if its no bother, can u message me the kexts? or links to them? all the kexts i find are worthless...

thanks in advance! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, please help me if you can!

I have an ACER ASPIRE 3810TZ-something else with 3Gb of DDR3, 320Gb HDD etc..

I installed SL by iAtkos 1.7 and worked around some little problems, now i have fully functionally on:

LAN

KEYBOARD

TOUCHPAD

AUDIO

VGA (not fully but at righ resolution with no QE/CI but fine)

what does not work:

POWER FUNCTIONS (stop, light etc..)

WIFI

SOFT TOUCH BUTTONS NEAR LCD

Here is the problem, i changed my wireless card with a DELL DW1520 that should be recognized automatically by SNOW but i cannot power on wireless cause SOFT TOUCH BUTTONS don't work...

I'm getting crazy, i searched all around web but nobody seems to have this problem, so please help me if you can!

Any dsdt with processor section and clamshell?

Hi, at last, when nobody answered me and one people told me that he sold his PC and bought a MAC i restarted from betginnig. Now i instaled iAtkos S3 (10.6.3) and everything gone fine, airport (dell 1520) but i'm not sure about buttons, i am only shutting down airport by software.

Now i have to work around lan and vga, audio is very ok, NO SLEEP/POWER SAVING/LIGHT.

I will write back soon.

Bye

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, i got ahold of Mac OS X 10.6.2 Patched for PC UNIVERSAL.

I installed it on my USB flash device using USB-IT.

Changed boot settings in bios to the usb but after a while it stops and displays ''still waiting for root device'' and simply gets stuck.

I have an acer timeline 4810TZG.

Please help me !

No joke at all.. when it get's stuck... plugin another usb device such as a mouse or another thumb drive. That should get it past that part.

• 1 month later...

Hello, fellow hakintosh-users!

I have my very first hackintosh installed on Acer Aspire 4810tz. It was quite easy, cause I followed Balut's guide. :D However, unlike his machine, I have two big problems:

1) Only 1GB RAM got recognized by Snow Leopard. Did anyone experienced this? The other 2 are non-existent to OSX.

2) Nor LAN (Atheros something... I obtained right kext from a project on Google Code), nor external wifi (Airlive WT-2000USB with official driver... for Tiger, eh) dongle work. Both have green lights everywhere except ISP, internet and Server. Both have correct IP, Router and DNS IP (I can access router or other machines on the same LAN) but I still can't access the internet. Any ideas or suggestions?

• 1 month later...
Only 1GB RAM got recognized by Snow Leopard. Did anyone experienced this? The other 2 are non-existent to OSX.

I do not have this problem, however MacOS recognizes sometime my RAM as DDR2 and sometime as DDR3. I don't know if it affects real speed.

(USB) My turn to ask a noob question, I have an Aspire 5810TZ and I'm running Snow Leo 10.6.3 but I can't enable USB (ie. my iPod can't even charge), I don't know what to check during iAtkos S3 2's installation or what kext to install. I tried some but no results (can't mount my iPod nor my Phone but it can charge)

[EDIT] Solved, I had to add USBBusFix yes to com.apple.boot.plist, but my iPod Touch is not working (not even charging) where as my iPod Shuffle, HTC or External HD works.

[EDIT 2] My iPod works, don't know why :(

(Wifi) For now I plan to use a Netgear WG111 v2 or 3 dongle, do you know a good card I can use in my laptop ? (as compatible as the dell 1520 mentioned by sveltic)

• 4 weeks later...
Ok. Let me try to explain this for the third time. :rolleyes:

Excuse me if some of the button names that I'll give do not completely match yours. I'm running the Dutch Vista.

1: Get your copy of iDeneb v1.5 and burn it to a DVD using Magic ISO's "ISO Burner"

2: In Vista go to Start -> Configurationscreen -> System and Maintenance and then in the sub menu of System.... (the bottom button) click on "make partition on hard disk and format"

3: Right-click on your Acer(c:) disk and select "decrease volume"

4: Fill in how much GB you want the OSX partition to be. I could make mine only 144 GB. Once filled in press "decrease" and make sure you make your new partition an unformatted disk. (You should see RAW under the sub-menu filesystem.

5: Ok, now you're done in Vista. Place the iDeneb disk in your DVD-rom and restart your computer.

6: When you're computer restart press F2 at the ACER logo to enter the BIOS. Change these settings: Main: Sata mode -> ACHI to IDE (else it will not see your HD)

Boot: Place your DVD-rom to the top so it's the first in the list

7: Press F10 to save and exit.

8: Let your computer reboot and when the message "Press any key to start from CD" pops up, press any key to do so.

9: iDeneb now start to load. (this may take 5-10 minutes)

10: Double click or press enter to confirm your language.

11: Go to Utilities -> Disk Utility on the top of the menu.

12: Select your partition made in Vista and go to the erase tab. Select MAC Journaled and enter a name for the disk. Now click Erase.

13: Close Disk Utility and continue the installation untill you get to the screen where it says "Custom Installation"

14: Select your language. Leave the normal iDeneb instal checked. Expand the iDeneb patch and select these options: Fix -> Voodoo Battery Manager and IOUSBFamlilyFix

15: Now your iDeneb version starts to install. It could take a while to calculate the remaining time and just before the end of the installation it could look like it stalls. Don't do anything and just let it do it's thing. Everything will be fine.

16: Once installed it reboots itself automatically after 30 seconds or you can restart by pressing the restart button.

17: !IMPORTANT! When your computer reboots press F2 when you see the ACER logo to enter the BIOS again. It's VERY IMPORTANT to change: Main -> Sata mode -> IDE back to AHCI!!!

Press F10 and exit. Your computer reboots and will ask again to press any key to start up via the cd.

Don't press any key right now and let the computer do it's magic. You also won't see the Chameleon bootloader yet. This is normal. When you eject the CD-rom later by restarting Leopard it will give you the bootloader where you can choose between Vista or OSX.

Things that may not work:

Click on the trackpad. I got it to work again by booting up Vista and then booting OSX again :)

HDMI?

VGA out?

Things that don't work:

WIFI

Sound

To get rid of your nasty looking stretched 1024x768 go to this link:

www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=173338

Yesterday I bought myself an Edimax USB wifi adapter. Type EW-7711UAn. Thing works like a charm. It cost me 30 euro's but it supports MAC and it's very fast with a very good range.

Well that's it. Hope you get it to work with this tutorial. And if anyone can get the sound to work please tell me

nPw out.

Hi i make it exactly as you explained.

but when i boot the OS i get a message that no keyboard and i cant to anything.

how can i solve the problem? (have a 4810tz)

• 1 month later...
Hi i make it exactly as you explained.

but when i boot the OS i get a message that no keyboard and i cant to anything.

how can i solve the problem? (have a 4810tz)

Did you run iDeneb v1.5 or v1.6 Lite edition?

Maybe you can try to find a keyboard patch that is in the patchlist when you install Leopard.

• 7 months later...