• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

rgitelman

rgitelman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
after i insalled the Mac osx86 10.4.4 Install DVD i restart and i get a black screen with a cursor. what am i doing wrong?

Pitr-

Pitr-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Perhaps your MacOS-partition hasn't been given the boot-flag. Somehow the installation seems to miss this in the partitioning-phase, at least it did for me. So what you probably need to do is to boot up with a windows 98 cdrom or some livecd that gives you access to fdisk. In fdisk, select your MacOS-partition as bootable and that should hopefully fix your problem.

thesog

thesog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Or, you partitioned your drive using a newer and EFI aware Disk Utility. If that is the case, you should try other methods of setting up your partitions like using Window's diskpart program.

Pixelation

Pixelation

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

after i insalled the Mac osx86 10.4.4 Install DVD i restart and i get a black screen with a cursor. what am i doing wrong?

I have the same problem when I install 10.4.6 on a clean Mac OS Extended (Journaled) (that is if my memory serves me correctly), partition on my 2nd hard drive.

I can boot from the 10.4.6 DVD and start the install, but once it's finished and reboots. BAM. Blank screen, blinking cursor.

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts
Check a few posts down.

For me, I fixed the problem by installing Darwin 8.01 (google for the ISO). Then during the OS X install, just have it do an erase of the partition (not all free space, just the partition).

During the Darwin install make sure you choose HFS+, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy