The Apple Slap

8 posts in this topic

*The number of topics in this forum was at a bad number, so I had to start #667. Better karma for us all.*

Anyhow, I just love how Apple took a shot at AT&T with the tethering option on the new iPhone, making it available and announcing that it isn't available in the US. It puts the pressure by users off of Apple and on to AT&T don't you think?

And to really take a shot at Microshaft, lower price and move the 13" MacBook to "Pro", and lower prices across the line, and make the upgrade price on Snow Leopard so low it would be silly not to buy. Take that Billy G.

Anyone else notice this?

They didn't lower any prices or make any significant changes to the 13" MBP.

Sure they did. The old prices were $1299 and $1599 for the 13" Unibody. The new prices are $1199 and $1499. The changes were subtle, but significant in some ways, particularly with the display quality. PCMag just gave it a very good review.

Sure they did. The old prices were $1299 and $1599 for the 13" Unibody. The new prices are $1199 and $1499. The changes were subtle, but significant in some ways, particularly with the display quality. PCMag just gave it a very good review.

And doesn't the new 13 MBP have firewire?

The changes may not seem groundbreaking, but they really are! First of all, every MacBook Pro can now support 8GB of 1066MHz DDR3 RAM, has a much better display (as mentioned), has Firewire 800 revision B (HUGE!!!), an SD card slot, and a 7 hour (doubt it) battery. It's not like you can't change it yourself, it's really easy apparently.

As for the loss of the ExpressCard slot, I'm sure that the 6 people that actually use it wont be too disappointed. After all, the 17" still has it.

• 2 weeks later...
"Microshaft".

You must have a boner after saying that, you are SO edgy.

Oh and for the record, they increased the price of the 13".

Yeah but they improved the screen and battery life a lot, added Firewire & backlit keyboard.