worked on my desky,refuses on lappy. help?

1 post in this topic

ive been wanting to try hackintoshing for awhile now and i have tried several times on my laptop and desktop before (im not sure what version it was i was trying before, but they all refused to work.

i got myself a copy of the Jas 10.4.8 installer and tried it on my desktop and worked without a hitch

(now dualboots XP with OSX) , but the strange thing is i try the exact same procedure i did on my laptop but it doestn seem to work.

the process i followed are as follows:

1.I prepare the OSX partition (primary,active,10gb,fat32)

2.restart system with the cd inside

3.darwin boots up, then shows install ui

4.i go to the disk utility,choose the partition,erase it and choose the journaled format

5.continue with the installation

**EDIT**

for the laptop, even after i format the partition as journaled, it doesnt appear in the choices of where i want to install OSX.

ive read some other stuff on the net, and while for some users with SATA, the drives are not detected at all..wherein in my case, the drive and the partitions are detected, i can erase it.. and strange thing i noticed is that after erasing the partition, it doesnt take the name that i assigned it to, but its renamed as diskr0p1 or something familiar, which then leads to the newly formatted partition not being detected.

do the installers have problems when it comes to SATA drives?

specs are as follows:

desktop:

axp64 3000+

k8 mobo

1gb ram

dvd drive

7600gs

80GB IDE HDD

laptop:

core 2 duo

(not sure bout the mobo here)

3gb ram