acer 5930 wanabe hackinstosh

MDK791

6 posts in this topic

Hi all! This is my first post. After done an huge amount of searching, i couldnt find any solution to my problem. My battle is to get mac running on my computer (acer 5930), and until now with no sucsess. I have done a lot of things to get it up and running but the only thing it came up with was a an aple screen with some kind of prohibition sinal in front after a sucssessfull installation.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard:

Cpu:

Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo P7350, 2000 MHz (7.5 x 267)

Name:

Acer Aspire 5930

Chipset:

Intel Cantiga PM45

Memory:

3066 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS :

Phoenix (10/28/08)

Display:

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (512 MB)

Screen:

Chi Mei N154I3-L03 [15.4" LCD]

Audio:

Sound over hdmi:

nVIDIA HDMI @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-3]

Sound card:

Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-3]

Storage:

IDE controler

Intel® ICH9M/M-E Family 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 2929

Hard drive

WDC WD3200BEVT-22ZCT0 ATA Device (298 GB, IDE)

DVD

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50N ATA Device (DVD+R9:6x, DVD-R9:6x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

Input devices:

KEYBOARD:

Launch Manager

Mouse

A4Tech USB Port Mouse

Mouse

Mouse compatível com PS/2

Network:

Network adapter

Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8071 based Ethernet Controller

Wifi adapter

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100

Modem

Agere Systems HDA Modem

Extra:

Web cam

Acer HD Crystal Eye webcam

Since i cant see any other topic related with this computer, i diced to open one even so im not the only one facing the same problem.

Thanks for your time.

i'm out of office now.. but if you read and search in my older posts.. about feb march.. you fiund all the story

you must prepare a retail setup from a good mac or boot with ideneb or lawless.. and after... good luck!

but read.. read read.. there's all you need

bye

have you managed to get everything to work on your acer 5930? I cant get the sound card, touch pad and keyboard, the network and the battery meter to work and ive already tried with guides from this forum.

Im in exams and so i dont have many time to learn how this os works. If you can tell me what have you done to get things right i would be very grateful.

Thaks!

have you managed to get everything to work on your acer 5930? I cant get the sound card, touch pad and keyboard, the network and the battery meter to work and ive already tried with guides from this forum.

Im in exams and so i dont have many time to learn how this os works. If you can tell me what have you done to get things right i would be very grateful.

Thaks!

hy

the 'thaks' make me think that we are NOT england-americain? hah

I can send you (for 10.5.7) what it need to run .. I mean

dsdt patched by me, what should be in extra folder (no more disabler) and what changes in S/L/E

the audio.. if you move to voodoohda you have audio but no mic internal and..yes mic external

instead of older topic made by italians.. with noob1x post and his attached string efi, kext and injector.

look in Extra I put my boot.plist but it point to mine Chameleon 2 theme! and mine default boot partition according to newer features in chama2

as you see in e/E I have only uuid and appledecrypter

remember.. all the owner of acer have the damn randomic problem at boot.. sometimes after the 'waiting for boot device' we have hang.. specially after the noise of the check of dvd. but is 2 or 3 times on 10.

in s/l/e I use appleps2controller and appleacpips2nub to manage trackpad and mouse internal.. there are necessary but these cause probably the problem above. but in internet there aren't any better solution to use internal trackpad.

1st boot with newer trackpad kext you can't use keyboard.. reboot only 1 time and all is quite perfect forever.

delete AppleHDA.. no.. rename it or move it.. because in 10.5.7 I moved only to voodoohda.. and hdaenabler.

rename applesmbios.. you need a mod one to inject and emulate original macbook.. but mine is able to make your lappie works with 800mhz ram speed instead of macbook 667! is better.

iosdhciblockdevice let you use external memory card reader

try iousbfamily instead of yours original one.. is the newer as possible.. is grabbed and mixed between the 10.5.7 mac retail and last ehci driver from apple developer but is fixed in order to have a perfect SLEEP.. it run necessary with VooDooUSBEHCI

the last.. is nvinjectgo for 512mb vram.. from the most in the web.. for me is the best. but recently i see a newer nvidia universal injector.. say in touch i'll test it asap.

but the nvinjectgo is good.. so why change it?

bye

delete your extensions.mkext.. and boot -f

due to big zip.. I create 2 attach .. ok?

rebye