RTL8187 10.5.7 Panic - P5K-E WiFi - Voodoo Kernel

ikahuna

1 post in this topic

Hi all. Recently upgraded to 10.5.7 on an Asus P5K-E WiFi, did DSDT patch, Chameleon and all installed fine. For some reason I am gettting a kernel panic with VooDoo and vanilla as well as ANV kernel on 10.5.7 where before I never had a problem.

The panic screen is posted below, and any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am going to put a Belkin N adapter on this and bypass the onboard wifi for the time being to see if the problem goes away which I am assuming (know what that does) will go away, but the panic also seems more related to disk I/O than the Net driver. It happens sometimes when the screen saver activates, or a Quicktime movie is played, but I also did a SuperDuper clone of the drive with the Realtek driver off and it did fine for the hours it took. Normally this panic happens at most 10 or so minutes after first login.

Any other info I can provide if necessary I will. Is there a 10.5.7 "issues" thread yet? I noticed on my MB Pro that it seems to have slowed my real Mac down quite a bit too.

Thanks in advance for any help!

iKahuna

post-259963-1244660043_thumb.jpg