[GUIDE] Leopard on ATI SB700/S750 and AMD 780G

82 posts in this topic

Pff... i tried LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phen&AMD and when i try to boot it says something about AppleACPIPlataform dependency or something like that... i tried with AHCI and IDE and none of them worked.

Its getting really boring to install correctly Mac

yeah i tried it too. i got still waiting for boot device with both AHCI and IDE.

I use a IDE DVD drive and SATA hard drive. What do you use RickRand and CrazyKiller.

Leo4All time I guess. You just used TransMac to insert the kexts like this: http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/780g-chipse...-support-t1411/ right?

Yap, my pc is very similar to yours , the only difference is the graphic card, i have an IDE DVD drive and SATA hard drive too but i'm trying to install Mac into another IDE Hard Drive that i have.

Edit: Say something if Leo4all worked with you ;D

I do believe your problem is with the combination of SATA and IDE... Pretty sure it's gotta be one or the other. I have installed on IDE, from IDE. And I've installed on SATA, from SATA. Both without a prob... But as i recall had problems installing from one to the other. Do you have anything else plugged in? When i did it, more for the saftey of my Vista installation than anything else, I Disconnected all but one sata drive and my sata DVD. Now, you say you have IDE DVD and sata HD? You can pick up a SATA DVD for just a little over 20 bucks, maybe 30... mine was about 22 on newegg with free shipping. Either that or if you have a spare IDE HD laying around, try throwin that into the mix, see what happens. OSX is a picky beast, but if you have a couple extra dollars or a spare IDE HD, you can get this to work.

I do believe your problem is with the combination of SATA and IDE... Pretty sure it's gotta be one or the other. I have installed on IDE, from IDE. And I've installed on SATA, from SATA. Both without a prob... But as i recall had problems installing from one to the other. Do you have anything else plugged in? When i did it, more for the saftey of my Vista installation than anything else, I Disconnected all but one sata drive and my sata DVD. Now, you say you have IDE DVD and sata HD? You can pick up a SATA DVD for just a little over 20 bucks, maybe 30... mine was about 22 on newegg with free shipping. Either that or if you have a spare IDE HD laying around, try throwin that into the mix, see what happens. OSX is a picky beast, but if you have a couple extra dollars or a spare IDE HD, you can get this to work.

Hmm, maybe if I try to unplug the SATA HD and have only connected the IDE HD and DVD?

Dunno if this will work but i will give it a shot.

That's a good plan if you have a IDE HD... Make sure though, that both HD and DVD are on the same IDE channel. As master and slave. From the buz around the net, i don't think it works right if you put them on different channels.

That's a good plan if you have a IDE HD... Make sure though, that both HD and DVD are on the same IDE channel. As master and slave. From the buz around the net, i don't think it works right if you put them on different channels.

Didn't worked anyway with HD as master and DVD as slave.

I will try Leo4all. :D

sorry to hear that. you are using a sb700/780g chipset right? And the drives were both on the master IDE? And what processor do you have? do you also have a phenom? If so you are gonna have to modify the Leo4All install DVD to use the chameleon bootloader or you won't be able to boot after install...b

sorry to hear that. you are using a sb700/780g chipset right? And the drives were both on the master IDE? And what processor do you have? do you also have a phenom? If so you are gonna have to modify the Leo4All install DVD to use the chameleon bootloader or you won't be able to boot after install...b

Well i'm using an AMD X2 7750 Black Edition , is basicly a phenom but with 2 cores disabled, the rest is the same.

I use a 5000+ Black Edition (dual core) and I have the SB700/780G. I have tried IDE to IDE (with iAtkos) and that worked. I guess I should try that again with Lawless.

The Lawless info page said that Dual and Quad are supported. I only have one IDE host so something has to be slave. (does root device mean master)?

I just got a new SATA HD and I have 5 partitions on it so I was hoping I could install Leopard on one of those. :D

If you are installing Leopard on a different physical drive, you don't need Chameleon (two different SATA or IDE drives) if I understand it correctly.

I really should buy a SATA DVD. IDE sucks.

I use a 5000+ Black Edition (dual core) and I have the SB700/780G. I have tried IDE to IDE (with iAtkos) and that worked. I guess I should try that again with Lawless.

The Lawless info page said that Dual and Quad are supported. I only have one IDE host so something has to be slave. (does root device mean master)?

I just got a new SATA HD and I have 5 partitions on it so I was hoping I could install Leopard on one of those. :D

If you are installing Leopard on a different physical drive, you don't need Chameleon (two different SATA or IDE drives) if I understand it correctly.

I really should by SATA DVD. IDE sucks.

I think you still need the chameleon. It's a boot loader, no matter where you install OSX it still needs it's bootloader to tell the comp how to boot. A partition may be an extension of a physical disk, but it is still a disk, and the computer reads it as such. Just as it would a non partitioned disk. however since you have a dual core and not a phenom then you may be able to use the regular boot loader from leo4all if that is what you are planning on instalingIf you can use a different HD(IDE to match your DVD drive) then make the sure the HD is master, and DVD is slave.

Edit: Btw, just for {censored} and giggles you can try to disconnect everything but the DVD and try to boot that way just to see if it gets past the waiting for root device error. Might at least give you a better idea of what is goin on. Not sure if that will work, but i would try it.

I really should buy a SATA DVD. IDE sucks.

Yap, i think that iatkos works on my pc, but 2 hours for trying to install, makes my headaches ;D

I was able to get Leo4All in 2hrs using this tip: http://filesharefreak.com/tutorials/how-to...th-low-seeders/

I guess. In my tests, all distros that I am I able to at least get to the install screen on my computer are the ones that at least get to the grey screen before the install screen in my VM. I use VMware Workstation and for some reason Leo4All and XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final worked. I am also able to install with Kalaway 10.5.2 patched with SB700 kexts, but it is slow--just like iAtkos. I am hoping XxX or Leo will work, am burning both now while I fetch my old IDE hd.

my pleasure. I've got the day off today, lol. So I'll be around. Besides, after all the headaches i went through with different distros before finding any that worked and installing 30 times before getting it right, I feel it only right to use what i have learned for the greater good lol. Keep us updated. This can all help other people out.

I was able to get Leo4All in 2hrs using this tip: http://filesharefreak.com/tutorials/how-to...th-low-seeders/

I guess. In my tests, all distros that I am I able to at least get to the install screen on my computer are the ones that at least get to the grey screen before the install screen in my VM. I use VMware Workstation and for some reason Leo4All and XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final worked. I am also able to install with Kalaway 10.5.2 patched with SB700 kexts, but it is slow--just like iAtkos. I am hoping XxX or Leo will work, am burning both now while I fetch my old IDE hd.

You used TransMac to install and burn with SB700 kexts provided in the other tutorial?

Edit: Lol i know release that you are talking about the download time.

-> In my pc the Kalyway DVD with the SB700 kexts only loads all the kexts and suddenly reboot..

Hmmm, but Leo4all took 2 hours to install? hmm.

You used TransMac to install and burn with SB700 kexts provided in the other tutorial?

No I downloaded it in 2 hours.

I haven't tried installing, but the version without the kexts added worked in my VM where the one with the kexts added gave me a waiting for root device error.

Granted, I haven't actually tried it but every other time my VM has given me a good indication of what will happen. (with iAtkos, and Kalaway which both work)

I've found that just using a dvd-rw works very well. They take longer to burn that a standard dvd-r(about 20 min for osx to burn) but then you can try as many as you want without wasting DVDs. And it installs fine from the RW.