Help with ATi 4850 and 10.5.7 update...

jaysen

8 posts in this topic

I'm running the following specs;

Intel E8500

Asus P5Q Pro

4GB Corsair XMS

Sapphire 4850 512MB

I did a clean install using the OS X Retail DVD 10.5.5 9E25... Before installing any Kext i was able to get video at 1024x768 w/ no problems. I updated 10.5.5 > 10.5.6 > 10.5.7 - Up until the 10.5.7 update video was outputting just fine at the above resolution. Now, all I get is a Gray screen with white/black snow looking artifacts.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running the following specs;

Intel E8500

Asus P5Q Pro

4GB Corsair XMS

Sapphire 4850 512MB

I did a clean install using the OS X Retail DVD 10.5.5 9E25... Before installing any Kext i was able to get video at 1024x768 w/ no problems. I updated 10.5.5 > 10.5.6 > 10.5.7 - Up until the 10.5.7 update video was outputting just fine at the above resolution. Now, all I get is a Gray screen with white/black snow looking artifacts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Same here. I think you have to install the 4850 kexts before rebooting the system (after installing 10.5.7 update). If you've forgot to install them, just boot in safe mode (type -x in darwin prompt) and install them.

Same here. I think you have to install the 4850 kexts before rebooting the system (after installing 10.5.7 update). If you've forgot to install them, just boot in safe mode (type -x in darwin prompt) and install them.

Forgive the noob question(s); Do I burn the Kext to CD ?... Oh, and which Kext should I be using... I've seen/read the many tutorials however I am new to this whole Mac/OSX86 scene so a little guidance would be much appreciated...

Forgive the noob question(s); Do I burn the Kext to CD ?... Oh, and which Kext should I be using... I've seen/read the many tutorials however I am new to this whole Mac/OSX86 scene so a little guidance would be much appreciated...

If you can't boot Leopard properly, boot it in safe mode (type -x in darwin prompt) and download this installation package: http://rapidshare.de/files/47140358/Natit.pkg.html

The link was taken from this page: http://netkas.org/

Install that package that you have downloaded and reboot. I think it will work now.

Ok, so I tried your advice and ended up having to reinstall 10.5.6 Retail... Which I didn't care.

So as of now, I am at a Clean Retail OSX install (10.5.6) with no updates - I've downloaded the natit.pkg you suggested. Double clicked on the package and it said installed.

However I am only still able to get 1024x768 resolution... By installing this package was it suppose to allow me change resolutions and offer full support for my 4850 ?

Again, sorry for the noob question and your help is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Try all de Pkg's on

http://netkas.org/?cat=7

There a some problems with mobile HD4850 cards also !

Try eventually also the most récent Universal injector for Ati and Nvidia graphic cards:

http://rapidshare.de/files/47335568/Enable..._cards.pkg.html

Mine is working fine with a lot of versions of Natit.kext since the beginning but perhaps i'm lucky !

:D

I bought a 4850 today and cannot make it work. (READ UPDATE BELOW)

Can you explain me where to get the Natit kext that makes it work?

I tried installing Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg which didn't work (shows apple logo then screen goes blank, I still am able to shut down the computer (blind) with the menu.

Then I installed Natit.pkg and the same happened.

I am not able to boot in -v or -x mode because I can only boot using my install DVD as a bootloader (HELP PLEASE). So I have to change cards on every restart. Annoying.

+ Do I need to delete any older kexts? I'll delete ATY_Init.kext (installed by Enabler_fot_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg), but any others that could be causing the issue?

+ My current driver is NVInject 0.2.1 with an EN7300GT

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

UPDATE:

WORKED doing the first 7 steps in THIS THREAD.

And using Chameleon on a USB stick to enter -s, -f -v modes.