Unsupported Windows Broken Mac

ash lawson

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this is my problem i wonder if anybody could help us out.

So I partitioned my drive using boot camp the other day. I installed windows (not genuine) xp on the NTSF 15gb partition. I installed the drivers and apple update software. Everything worked fine at first i was able to play Fifa 09 (my reason for installing xp cos my xbox broke). I was able to boot into either partition fine for a couple of days. Then i made some changes to Xp, I installed a firewall and updated using apple update software, which i beleive only touched on quicktime and itunes. Things then took a nose dive. I tried to reboot into Leopard, which didn't happen. Was stuck at spinning circle for ages n ages, then i tried again yesterday to boot into OS X, eventually after roughly 30 mins the desktop was shown but everything was in super super slow mode.

My first idea was to boot into Safe Mode - Didn't work, i then tried to reset the PRAM (a couple of times) - No difference. Then i tried to repair disk and restore disk permision using startup disk - An error was discoved and fixed, upon rebooting again - No difference.

My next idea is to go ahead and (slowly) delete my partition using boot camp and again verify my HDD. Hopefully this will work. If not I will hook the Imac up to my Powermac G4 try backup my files and reformat the HDD.

Has anyone else got any ideas before i take these steps please ?