Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

userx

147 posts in this topic

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2a6a95) - it looks like /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext might be outdated or missing. Apparently loading kexts without Extensions.mkext isn't working yet.

If you get a KP after the "mig_table_max_displ = XX" line, then you should really make sure you have a vaild mkext

thanks for the tip :) , but my snow leopard is still not working

i tried creating the extensions.mkext in both /s/l/ and /s/l/caches/com.apple.kext.caches/startup, but still no luck for me

the :( ing thing just still creates its own mkext at boot (already skip the -f flag), ignoring what i had made

it is the same kp, and i have no clue on the problem at all

i guess i should wait for the september release, get an upgrade dvd and try again

and is there anyone with an atom netbook got snow leo running?

the :( ing thing just still creates its own mkext at boot

I think this is the root of the problem. How did you create your mkext? (I guess you need to create it using a SL system...)

Working OK on a P5K-VM:

modded BIOS DMI data reading OK (without SMBIOS injection). CPU freq/bus not correct

post-51637-1244807294_thumb.png

QE/CI via DSDT still working fine:

post-51637-1244807508_thumb.png

AHCI works OOTB faking ICH10 dev ID via DSDT (although I get a fs error message 'unknown-device' I still need to track down)

Jmicron working with the old LegacyJmicron.kext

it wont boot without a custom DSDT ('cannot find the driver for this platform /ACPI' message)

Restart/shutdown/sleep not working (is mostly working with custom DSDT on 10.5) but does not corrupt the CMOS settings.

No sound (legacy kexts are not good anymore)

No kernel panics so far.

Feels faster/snappier than 10.5.7; but geekbench 64bit score is only 70 point over.

EDIT:

I get 'jnl: unknown-dev: flushing fs disk buffer returned 0x05' message every 30 secs for around 6 minutes after booting. Then stops. Is not related with AHCI discs as it happens anyway without having them connected.

HD shown as folders on the desktop?? WTF... DVD drive too...

Restart/Shutdown works with new OpenHaltRestart.kext....

EDIT 2: successfully modified stock AppleHDA.kext; All channels working. Notice Im using HDEF injection by DSDT (no Enabler.kext). System profiler shows two extra non-existing 'line out'

OK, here are the ALC 883 LegacyHDA kexts for SL I've made (are based on stickpin ones):

ALC883_LegacyHDA_SnowLeopard.zip

You will need the new HDEFEnabler.kext, device-properties strings or DSDT injection to make them load

What early Mac mini owners will hate: Snow Leopard is 64-bit-only. (From what I understand, those early minis used 32-bit CoreDuos, not the C2Ds of the current mini; so they are SOL.)

Is it 64-bit only or is 64-bit an optional feature?

Suggests here that it is optional --> http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html

[edit] - just saw above someone got it working on an older Core Solo machine, will make my housemate happy, he has an old MacBook Pro ...

Is it 64-bit only or is 64-bit an optional feature?

Suggests here that it is optional --> http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html

[edit] - just saw above someone got it working on an older Core Solo machine, will make my housemate happy, he has an old MacBook Pro ...

Yes, it can set (at boottime by key or kernel flag) for 32 Bit also.

Does A380 need an special (DIMITRY) kernel or does the normal works on an vanilla system.

I ask because A354 worked and now i get very early (i think kernel problem. no driver problem) an KP.

I'm doing something wrong, boot loader refuses to load the vanilla kernel (on a Core 2 Duo), and KP's when loading the legacy kernel. I'm almost certain it's a bootloader problem, even though I'm using the modified PC EFI v9, but Chameleon 2 gives me the same results. Can anybody possibly point me to the install files for PC EFI v9 to manually install it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I used this boot file and it booted 10a380 just fine :(http://is.gd/jcgq

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I'd share it......

I made a image copy of my NEW iMac 27" onto a 16GB USB stick it works quite well if you need to re-install quickly, but the problem is and has always been that it works ONLY for the iMac! When one tries an install on something else, it says "This Hardware is not supported"

So, I went "ahacking"......

In the OSInstall.mpkg was a referal to Hardware checks, they included:

var hwbeSupportedMachines = [

'iMac10,1',

'iMac11,1',

'Macmini3,1',

'MacPro4,1',

So, I added my UniBody MacBook and Poly MacBook, and low and behold it booted, installed and I was up to date with 10.6.2.!!

I then went and removed the whole Hardware check as per retail DVD's OSInstall.mpkg, and once again it installed on my MacBooks!

No more 3 x USB sticks, each for its own machine for me!!

SticMAC