Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

userx

147 posts in this topic

Build on what is 10a380, build displayed during WWDC was 10a382, not much of a difference, but i assume apple wants to keep some special features out of public hands till release.

Build on what is 10a380, build displayed during WWDC was 10a382, not much of a difference, but i assume apple wants to keep some special features out of public hands till release.

10a382 are you sure ?

where did you find this info ?

Everything I've read says 10a380 was the wwdc build

Everything I've read says 10a380 was the wwdc build

Read again...

He doesnt say that the Build G-I-V-E-N WASNT 10A380.We all know that it was.

He says that the Build D-E-M-O-N-S-T-R-A-T-E-D from Apple's stuff was 10A382.

Morpheus the question is if u are happy since you are the one runnin the build.Tell us more.Btw did u follow the guide here for your installation?

Read again...

He doesnt say that the Build G-I-V-E-N WASNT 10A380.We all know that it was.

He says that the Build D-E-M-O-N-S-T-R-A-T-E-D from Apple's stuff was 10A382.

Morpheus the question is if u are happy since you are the one runnin the build.Tell us more.Btw did u follow the guide here for your installation?

Quite happy with the build (despite all the missing features). It's super fast on my rig, MUCH faster than Leopard. No app takes more than one bounce on the dock to open, except iTunes so far which takes 2. Even the interface seems much smoother on my 9500GT than Leopard did.

I didn't need to follow that guide, I knew how to do it from previous builds like 10A261. All I needed was to install Snow Leo from inside my working Leo installation, then stick dsmos and disabler kexts into Snow Leo and bam, booted right up.

I did the fuji guide and it does not work at all! I tried re-installing snow leopard 50000times and no success whatsoever. It just hangs on boot. I also tried the snowboot and renamed it as boot that i d/l from #snowleopard and still no success.

My error using debug (-V):

http://tiny.cc/mt0Jx

You could also view my hardware under my signature.

I did the fuji guide and it does not work at all! I tried re-installing snow leopard 50000times and no success whatsoever. It just hangs on boot. I also tried the snowboot and renamed it as boot that i d/l from #snowleopard and still no success.

My error using debug (-V):

http://tiny.cc/mt0Jx

You could also view my hardware under my signature.

It appears it's having trouble loading either dsmos, or any other file AFTER dsmos. Just double check that your BIOS is set to AHCI mode for your HDD, ACPI is turned on and all that.

Also make sure that any other kexts neccessary to get Leopard booting are also installed and ready to go. If you're putting the files in a /Extra folder, try putting them in /System/Library/Extensions of Snow Leo from within Leopard, doing sudo chmod -R 755 and sudo chown -R root:wheel. Then boot Snow Leo with the -f -v flags. Also try the safe mode -x -v flag and see what happens.

I find manually doing things like that makes them work usually.

EDIT: Oh and also, I use a modded BIOS for booting Leopard/Snow Leo rather than a patched DSDT. The DSDT patch never seems to be complete and prevents me from rebooting and shutting down correctly, and sometimes even stops the OS from booting on occasion. The BIOS mod however, works perfectly.

It appears it's having trouble loading either dsmos, or any other file AFTER dsmos. Just double check that your BIOS is set to AHCI mode for your HDD, ACPI is turned on and all that.

Also make sure that any other kexts neccessary to get Leopard booting are also installed and ready to go. If you're putting the files in a /Extra folder, try putting them in /System/Library/Extensions of Snow Leo from within Leopard, doing sudo chmod -R 755 and sudo chown -R root:wheel. Then boot Snow Leo with the -f -v flags. Also try the safe mode -x -v flag and see what happens.

I find manually doing things like that makes them work usually.

EDIT: Oh and also, I use a modded BIOS for booting Leopard/Snow Leo rather than a patched DSDT. The DSDT patch never seems to be complete and prevents me from rebooting and shutting down correctly, and sometimes even stops the OS from booting on occasion. The BIOS mod however, works perfectly.

DSDT or no DSDT, still no luck :huh:. I tried pasting the kexts to the other root and still wouldn't boot up. Also AHCI is enabled and all. Comes up with the same error!

Thanks anyway.

DSDT or no DSDT, still no luck :huh:. I tried pasting the kexts to the other root and still wouldn't boot up. Also AHCI is enabled and all. Comes up with the same error!

Thanks anyway.

Might have to face it that there's something on your motherboard that Snow Leo just doesn't like :S

Give it time though, people will come up with stuff that will allow it to boot on machines just like Leopard does. It's not even released yet, so there's still plenty of time.

Just another tip for everyone who might be trying: Don't try to boot from the install disc, install from within Leopard using OSinstall.mpkg hidden on the installer disk. Unlike the Fuji guide though, you DO NOT need to replace the OSinstall.mpkg with the 10A261 one. The install will just run normally. The first time I ran the install it failed, the second time it worked fine though.

Might have to face it that there's something on your motherboard that Snow Leo just doesn't like :S

Give it time though, people will come up with stuff that will allow it to boot on machines just like Leopard does. It's not even released yet, so there's still plenty of time.

Just another tip for everyone who might be trying: Don't try to boot from the install disc, install from within Leopard using OSinstall.mpkg hidden on the installer disk. Unlike the Fuji guide though, you DO NOT need to replace the OSinstall.mpkg with the 10A261 one. The install will just run normally. The first time I ran the install it failed, the second time it worked fine though.

I did it without replacing the OSInstall.mpkg, now going to do it with replacing the mpkg

I did it without replacing the OSInstall.mpkg, now going to do it with replacing the mpkg

I probably wouldn't, as files have changed alot since 10A261 and it might not like that. It's like using an old setup.exe for a newer version of Windows.

I probably wouldn't, as files have changed alot since 10A261 and it might not like that. It's like using an old setup.exe for a newer version of Windows.

Well it looks like there's no way out of this until someone will come up with a way to fix the problem that I am having at the moment, what motherboard are you using and also what modded bios are you using?

Well it looks like there's no way out of this until someone will come up with a way to fix the problem that I am having at the moment, what motherboard are you using and also what modded bios are you using?

I've got an Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi @n with 4GB DDR3, latest modded 2004 BIOS.

Hey guys I got it installed on an external usb sata drive then swopped it into my laptop and it works great. Just have to iron our a few kinks, nothing major. I used the guide listed here but with some modifications. I'll do a tutorial tomorrow. Writing this from 10.6 WHOOHOO!

hy

is anyone there that can suggest me in 354 version hot to start without a immediately KP?

I think the problem is the boot file.. but i replaced with the one in the common guides..

theres another change I must do?

thanks

Hey guys I got it installed on an external usb sata drive then swopped it into my laptop and it works great. Just have to iron our a few kinks, nothing major. I used the guide listed here but with some modifications. I'll do a tutorial tomorrow. Writing this from 10.6 WHOOHOO!

please post your guide asap! :)

i only get endless kp on my aspire one with atom too...

already added dsmos, disabler but no avail.

and how did you install onto a ext hd?

i could do so for leopard before but this time my partition stays at "owners disabled", so i can't even add kexts properly.

mah.. the guide is written 2 pages above.. in that topic..http://osx86.fujilives.com/

i actually followed this guide since my 1st attempt but all i got now is kp...

perhaps atom cannot use vanilla kernel anymore? (just a guess)

Congrats on all the succesfull 10.6 hackintosh systems :)

I have an AMD system, i guess 10.6 is still a NO GO for an AMD system?

What would I need to get 10.6 install on AMD system?