Multitouch gestures and function keys aren't working

Ezhik

16 posts in this topic

Everything was fine, multitouch gestures and function keys were fine, but I had to revert windows\system32\config\system file due to a power failure.

I reverted it and had to reinstall my drivers. I had to get Boot Camp drivers from a flash drive (got a stuck CD), I installed them, but touchpad and keyboard weren't working. I rolled back to Windows drivers and the problem appeared. How do I re-enable multitouch gestures and function keys? Is it because KbdMgr.exe thinks those aren't original Apple touchpad and keyboard?

--Hedgehog (ezhik@me.com)

i assume you have tried re-installing the drivers once you've rolled back to the windows drivers...?

are you installing via the bootcamp executable file? or are you installing individual drivers from their packages?

try re-installing the individual drivers and see if it makes a difference.

i assume you have tried re-installing the drivers once you've rolled back to the windows drivers...?

are you installing via the bootcamp executable file? or are you installing individual drivers from their packages?

try re-installing the individual drivers and see if it makes a difference.

I tried. It failed.

The most important thing is to get the keyboard function keys. Because I really need delete and eject buttons.

Well then! I have the perfect program for you.

Input Remapper

It should work for you. It definitely works on the older MBPs (mine) where F1/F2 were brightness, F3/F4/F5 were volume mute/up/down etc. It hasn't been updated because Apple's drivers finally came up to par, but it may be possible to remap the function keys to your MBP. Give it a whirl. But be warned, it does uninstall the current driver.

Also, if you have a new (unibody) MBP, then there is an update to their mouse driver.

Multi Touch Update

Well, the multitouch update will only work with unibody MBPs.

Just to clarify, you have tried to manually install just the mouse and keyboard driver? without going through the entire bootcamp installation, right?

Another note, have you downloaded the updated drivers from Apple's website?

Bootcamp Update 2.1

You'll have to look on the right side under "software updates" because i don't know if you have xp sp2, vista x86, or vista x64.

The Bootcamp 2.1 for XP says, "Important: Installation of Boot Camp 2.1 is required before installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)"

Based on that alone, I'm not sure if Apple is trying to say that a) it won't install on SP3 or :) they assume everyone has SP2 and nobody has SP3. I have no idea.

Have you asked the forums over at discussions.apple.com? They might be able to give you a more comprehensive answer because it appears as if you're installing SP3 and not upgrading to SP3 from SP2.

Good luck! And I'm actually curious about this. Would you mind posting their response? Or your solution? I've been thinking about SP3 for a bit now. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...