NVCAP for 9600M GS/GT

Z0idb3rg

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have tried all the instructions to get the 9600M working, but alway with the same result: black screen. My idea is, that I use the wrong NVCAP values. Therefore it would be nice if all of those who got the 9600M running could post their NVCAP values.

Thanks in advance

Zoidberg

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying also to figure out the NVCAP values for the 9600M GS 512MB in order to get dual display (external display through a VGA port). I have a Dell Vostro 1720 and cannot figure out the proper NVCAP values. I currently have the internal screen working with NVdarwin.

Nvflash isnt working for the 9600M GS in the Vostro 1720, so I cant use nvcapmaker.

I tried the following which still do not allow the external display to work.

04000000 00000100 02000000 00000007 00000000

04000000 00000100 06000000 00000007 00000000

Whenever I connect the display and try to detect displays, both displays go blank. In addition, if I try to connect the external display on startup, nothing comes on either screen. It will only work with the internal screen only.

Any help would be appreciated.

I happened to write a howto on getting your NVCAP today in the Hardware generic forum. Here it is:

1) Download the attached files at the bottom of this post (Note that one of them is .exe so you will need to execute it on Windows).
 a)  HP Bootable Driver Maker.exe (Used to turn a usb drive into a bootable drive.)
 b)  bootme.zip (Files needed to boot into DOS)
 c)  NVCAP Maker.zip (Program with an input of your rom and output of your NVCAP)
 d) nvflash.exe.zip (Nvidia program to save rom)
 For some reason I couldn't attach nvflash but you can download it here:
 http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/nVFlash.shtml

2)  Make the USB stick bootable. (Note that this will format the USB stick, so backup!)
 a)  In Windows, execute the HP Bootable Drive Maker.exe.
 b)  Follow the steps, selecting the bootme folder at the appropriate prompt.
3) Load nvflash.exe on the usb stick.
4) Reboot the computer and boot from the USB stick.
5) At the DOS prompt type "nvflash.exe -b myrom.rom" (or any filename with a .rom extension)
6) Boot to OSx86.
7) Launch NVCAP Maker and select the rom file you created and it will display your NVCAP.

Your NVCAP will be a long string of mostly digits.

bootme.zip

NVCAP_Maker.zip

HP_Bootable_Drive_Maker.exe

I happened to write a howto on getting your NVCAP today in the Hardware generic forum. Here it is:

1) Download the attached files at the bottom of this post (Note that one of them is .exe so you will need to execute it on Windows).
  a)  HP Bootable Driver Maker.exe (Used to turn a usb drive into a bootable drive.)
  b)  bootme.zip (Files needed to boot into DOS)
  c)  NVCAP Maker.zip (Program with an input of your rom and output of your NVCAP)
  d) nvflash.exe.zip (Nvidia program to save rom)
  For some reason I couldn't attach nvflash but you can download it here:
  http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/nVFlash.shtml

2)  Make the USB stick bootable. (Note that this will format the USB stick, so backup!)
  a)  In Windows, execute the HP Bootable Drive Maker.exe.
  b)  Follow the steps, selecting the bootme folder at the appropriate prompt.
3) Load nvflash.exe on the usb stick.
4) Reboot the computer and boot from the USB stick.
5) At the DOS prompt type "nvflash.exe -b myrom.rom" (or any filename with a .rom extension)
6) Boot to OSx86.
7) Launch NVCAP Maker and select the rom file you created and it will display your NVCAP.

Your NVCAP will be a long string of mostly digits.

This is good and all, but the 9600M GS isnt working with nvflash. It says "EEPROM not readable" or something of that sort.