• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

mgruchy

mgruchy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey just figured i start a thread for this netbook since it was just released.

Got mine the other day and so far i am pretty pleased. Design is probably the best out there now in terms of netbooks. Eventually i would like to get OS X running on it and am wondering if any body else is/has tried installing it?

Anybody else out there have the NB200?

zepyaf

zepyaf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

hey just figured i start a thread for this netbook since it was just released.

Got mine the other day and so far i am pretty pleased. Design is probably the best out there now in terms of netbooks. Eventually i would like to get OS X running on it and am wondering if any body else is/has tried installing it?

Anybody else out there have the NB200?

i have ! just got it from a friend working at Toshiba's this morning, he kind of GAVE it to me...
i a completely NEW to this thing, as i am a Mac user for years...
but i really would like to turn this pretty little thing into a hackintosh, so if i can find some help here, i would be glad ! :happymac:

wingzero619

wingzero619

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

i have ! just got it from a friend working at Toshiba's this morning, he kind of GAVE it to me...
i a completely NEW to this thing, as i am a Mac user for years...
but i really would like to turn this pretty little thing into a hackintosh, so if i can find some help here, i would be glad ! :blink:

Just to let you know I accomplished this task. It wasn't hard as I thought it would be but it's great and way better than my HP Mini 1000 1030NR hackintosh. The NB205 runs the OS a lot smoother. I'm pretty satisfied with it. The only thing I couldn't get to work on it was the built in wifi and bluetooth. So instead of spending more time than needed on this issue, I got a compatible usb wifi and bluetooth dongle and everything is all good. I'm currently on the Toshiba posting on this thread.

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I've got this baby yesterday, definitely the most elegant netbook so far on the planet. Replaced the 1GB DDR2 Ram by 2GB DDR2 667 4-4-4-12

tried iPC, xXx (believe other versions work as well. report the succeed as follow:
video fine (GMA950)
Chipset ICH7
Dual boot w/Xp
trackpad works (no tapping though)
sound works (speak only)

now, issues (who hasn't...)

The headphone jack does not work
BT not recognized, too bad
Wifi no solution yet (new Atheros half size mini PCI-E wireless N 150MBPS, good for windows, but I swapped it with a full size mini PCI-e wireless G card, formally from MSI Wind, with Realtek wireless utility, good reception.
Sleeping not working
About This Mac Crashed after upgrade to 10.5.7, still searching solution.

could wingzero619 share your experience on the sleep/about this mac if any success.
cheers!

wingzero619

wingzero619

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I've got this baby yesterday, definitely the most elegant netbook so far on the planet. Replaced the 1GB DDR2 Ram by 2GB DDR2 667 4-4-4-12

tried iPC, xXx (believe other versions work as well. report the succeed as follow:
video fine (GMA950)
Chipset ICH7
Dual boot w/Xp
trackpad works (no tapping though)
sound works (speak only)

now, issues (who hasn't...)

The headphone jack does not work
BT not recognized, too bad
Wifi no solution yet (new Atheros half size mini PCI-E wireless N 150MBPS, good for windows, but I swapped it with a full size mini PCI-e wireless G card, formally from MSI Wind, with Realtek wireless utility, good reception.
Sleeping not working
About This Mac Crashed after upgrade to 10.5.7, still searching solution.

could wingzero619 share your experience on the sleep/about this mac if any success.
cheers!

Okay here goes: I swapped out the Artheros wifi card with a Broadcom card and got it working with no problem. Sleep/wake function works 100% without screen freezing on wake or losing trac pad funcionality. Headphone jack works when you switch the audio output to the jack itself. Time Machine is fully functional and tested. Battery indicator works. Fully upgraded to 10.5.7 without a problem. Webcam works. Quartz and Core Image fully supported (need this to run iLife 09). You can find my full install at the Hackintosh site: http://www.hackint0s.../f181/77504.htm

So far, it's been a fantastic netbook running a full functioning copy of Leopard and updated to 10.5.7. I have no complaints so far. Sound on it is better than what it was on XP. So no issues there. I guess you can say I was pretty successful with the whole conversion project. I am more active on the other site and helping others with the same project if you want to hang out there. Let me know if you have any questions. Below is one of the first installs I did showing that it is working. Since then, I've updated and got almost everything else working.

Posted Image

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
thank you for sharing!

I found wired about my 6 cell battery, only less than 2 hours using time when fully charge while official specs said up to Battery Life: up to 9 hours (MobileMark 2007. My previous 6 cell MSI Wind had 6.5 hours)

anyone could verify it?

wingzero619

wingzero619

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

thank you for sharing!

I found wired about my 6 cell battery, only less than 2 hours using time when fully charge while official specs said up to Battery Life: up to 9 hours (MobileMark 2007. My previous 6 cell MSI Wind had 6.5 hours)

anyone could verify it?

That's very strange. I have OSX Leopard and I can easily get over 7 hours of battery life no problem. Try re-calibrating your battery. Run it till it dies, remove the battery, hold the power button for 10 seconds, re-install the battery and perform a full uninterrupted charge until 100%. Disconnect and run it until it does without charging it. You can determine how much battery life you get from doing this.

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

That's very strange. I have OSX Leopard and I can easily get over 7 hours of battery life no problem. Try re-calibrating your battery. Run it till it dies, remove the battery, hold the power button for 10 seconds, re-install the battery and perform a full uninterrupted charge until 100%. Disconnect and run it until it does without charging it. You can determine how much battery life you get from doing this.

Thank you for the reply!
I will do the calibration for the battery very soon.
the thing bother me most now, is the sleeping. I don't know what options did you choose during installation, but I chose GMA950 in iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6), then the video failed. very strange. I installed the kexts for MSI Wind to get screen worked fine. but the sleep never worked.

could you kindly give me a clue or simply attach the kexts you used, or exist in you Extension folder for the video/sleep. cause I've tired/format/reinstalled so many times that I don't want to waste more time on that.

I appreciate your help!

Attached Files

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
finally I figured out some problems, except the machine wouldn't sleep (wake up immediately) and battery has only 3 hours life. it's pretty useable.

If some one can share your successful experience on the sleep/wake up issue, please kindly give me a clue.
Thanks!

Attached Files

wingzero619

wingzero619

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

finally I figured out some problems, except the machine wouldn't sleep (wake up immediately) and battery has only 3 hours life. it's pretty useable.

If some one can share your successful experience on the sleep/wake up issue, please kindly give me a clue.
Thanks!

@liupingguo: In your bios, disable the USB options. One is for the sleep charge and the other is a legacy usb option. Disable them and your sleep function will work fine. I can get at least 7 hours since the last time I tried it. So three hours on a new battery doesn't seem right at all. Here is a guide I created for the Hackint0sh website. It's a full installation guide and all the info you need on the Toshiba NB205: Toshiba NB205 installation guide by WINGZERO619

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
you are the BEST!
THANK YOU FOR THE GUIDE!

wingzero619

wingzero619

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

you are the BEST!
THANK YOU FOR THE GUIDE!

Not a problem. Please share your success on this site when you have completed your project. Cheers.

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I successfully installed the 10.5.7 on the NB200 thanks to the drivers posted in Hackintosh by wingzero619. Again, BIG THANK YOU!

instead of using iDeneb version, I perfer iPC 10.5.6 , xXx 10.5.6 and iATKOS v7 10.5.7. these are EFI ready, DSDT patched, and ready for native Apple upgrade. For my case, I can install with any of these easily. I figured out the sleep/wake up issue by using right GMA950 kext from the driver package provided by Wingzero619. your suggestion of turning off the USB legacy and charging function is absolutely right, now I get get over 7 hrs battery life and sleeping when close the lid.

Now the whole machine is nearly perfect (like Bluetooth, Mic, I'm expecting for the Apple Airport Extreme N mini PCI-E card from eBay). I love my Machintoshiba!

Attached Files

briviere

briviere

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks for this thread, OSX leopard is running on my SSD Corsair 32Giga with 2G GSKILL RAM.
I would like to know the read/write différence bettween original HDD et a Corsair SDD

Here is my bench with xbench : http://www.xbench.com/

All has been selected for the first test :

Results 48.21
System Info
Xbench Version 1.3
System Version 10.5.7 (9J61)
Physical RAM 2048 MB
Model TOSHIBA NB200
Drive Type Corsair CMFSSD-32D1 Corsair CMFSSD-32D1
CPU Test 28.16
GCD Loop 58.92 3.11 Mops/sec
Floating Point Basic 17.68 420.15 Mflop/sec
vecLib FFT 24.22 798.91 Mflop/sec
Floating Point Library 36.76 6.40 Mops/sec
Thread Test 36.83
Computation 27.21 551.25 Kops/sec, 4 threads
Lock Contention 56.98 2.45 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads
Memory Test 82.19
System 73.62
Allocate 118.78 436.22 Kalloc/sec
Fill 91.72 4459.68 MB/sec
Copy 46.67 963.98 MB/sec
Stream 93.00
Copy 92.25 1905.34 MB/sec
Scale 90.23 1864.03 MB/sec
Add 104.33 2222.54 MB/sec
Triad 86.94 1859.97 MB/sec
Quartz Graphics Test 62.27
Line 54.79 3.65 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
Rectangle 52.89 15.79 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
Circle 50.69 4.13 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
Bezier 61.12 1.54 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]
Text 141.85 8.87 Kchars/sec
OpenGL Graphics Test 80.28
Spinning Squares 80.28 101.84 frames/sec
User Interface Test 28.95
Elements 28.95 132.85 refresh/sec
Disk Test 136.78
Sequential 111.28
Uncached Write 140.49 86.26 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Write 129.49 73.26 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Uncached Read 59.91 17.53 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Read 226.65 113.91 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Random 177.45
Uncached Write 63.90 6.76 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Write 216.95 69.45 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Uncached Read 1774.58 12.58 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Read 581.32 107.87 MB/sec [256K blocks]

just the SSD has been select for the second test :

CMFSSD-32D1
Disk Test 138.90
Sequential 113.82
Uncached Write 130.36 80.04 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Write 130.88 74.05 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Uncached Read 64.84 18.98 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Read 226.81 113.99 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Random 178.14
Uncached Write 61.90 6.55 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Write 247.74 79.31 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Uncached Read 1810.77 12.83 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Read 584.51 108.46 MB/sec [256K blocks]

thanks for your return
regards

MrMacAndy

MrMacAndy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

A week or so ago I started upgrading my netbook nb200 to Mac and have since upgraded to 10.6.2, only outstanding issue is loss of sleep. I have tried the updated sleepenabler kext to no avail. Also the update reinstalled the applehda kext freezing the beast on restart due to the conflict with voodoohda. Removing apple HDA once again solved this. Despite attempts I also cannot get the atheros card to go. It gets erroneously picked up as a quite different device id. Strange. I have tried the device id in system profiler and the one the machine supposedly has along with the atherosfix kext all to no avail.

I notice this thread is rather dead but thought I would post in case anyone else has bitten the bullet with 10.6.2... Everything else seems to work although audio is still low. At least ethernet works and I now have a trackpad prefpane (was missing prior to 10.6.2)

p.s. can't check bluetooth as this low end Toshie nb200 doesn't have it :-(

All for now...

idleBrain

idleBrain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I successfully installed the 10.5.7 on the NB200 thanks to the drivers posted in Hackintosh by wingzero619. Again, BIG THANK YOU!

instead of using iDeneb version, I perfer iPC 10.5.6 , xXx 10.5.6 and iATKOS v7 10.5.7. these are EFI ready, DSDT patched, and ready for native Apple upgrade. For my case, I can install with any of these easily. I figured out the sleep/wake up issue by using right GMA950 kext from the driver package provided by Wingzero619. your suggestion of turning off the USB legacy and charging function is absolutely right, now I get get over 7 hrs battery life and sleeping when close the lid.

Now the whole machine is nearly perfect (like Bluetooth, Mic, I'm expecting for the Apple Airport Extreme N mini PCI-E card from eBay). I love my Machintoshiba!

Hi,

I was wondering if you could give details on your install as you say here you didn't use iDeneb. Did you manage to get any of the following issues resolved?

- bluetooth off after wake from sleep
- static in sound after wake from sleep
- no trackpad pref in system preferences

Any details appreciated.

NeOxXx85

NeOxXx85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
For 10.6.2 see my new guide HERE ! :rolleyes:

wackyone

wackyone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So how is the 10.6.5 working?

antonioj

antonioj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

So how is the 10.6.5 working?

10.6.5? how about 10.6.7? It´s working fine :)

Corona

Corona

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I'm in the process of setting up my newly aquired NB200, so I'll add some comments as I go.

Currently upgraded to 10.6.5, which allows the original Atheros Wifi to work! All that's needed is the appropriate LegacyAtheros.kext http://www.insanelym...p...4570&st=20#
Haven't tried the dsdt method from that post yet, but I plan to.

Bluetooth is broken in 10.6.5 but in 10.6 it works with ToshibaBluetooth.kext http://www.insanelym...howtopic=156596
I haven't finished investigating what breaks it in higher version, but I think the break came in 10.6.3 and may be related to http://code.google.c.....odified Stars

My sleep is currently not working however, it goes to sleep fine but immediately wakes. I've got sleep&charge off but legacy usb is still on, I've seen a suggestion that might be the cause, yet to check. I've needed legacy usb to install/boot till now.

More to come I'm sure!

Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy