NVIDIA GEFORCE G 105M Support

Jesus.Franco

132 posts in this topic

i have G102M and its supported in SL 32bit with NVEnabler but its not working under 64bit due to lack of NVEnabler 64bit kext. I have tried EFI strings and it is recognized i can change resolutions and all but i dont have Nvidia renderer just Apple software one. Has anyone have a clue about it? Thanks

Hi, guys.

I just follow Music.Leecher's way and I can install successfully to my Acer Aspire 4937G laptop which has geforce G105M (512MB).

It's running 10.6 Snow Leopard under 32bit mode, can't run under 64bit mode (get black screen).

Fully CI/QE support, but no VGA output.

Update:

I find the best easy way to get Geforce G 105M fully working under SL 32/64.

I only use boot loader option <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>y</string> and remove any injection.

Guess what? I got fully QE/CI support, VGA output correct and screen detecting work.

Hey guys I did everything as posted earlier music leechers method but I end up with a please restart screen on reboot

I did a clean installation of iAtkos v7

Could you guys elaborate on what specific choices to select on the installer, like what EFI do i select?

Hi Guys !

Got it working finally :hysterical: ... I have an Acer 5738G and following is a quick guide on how I got things going:

1) Use iAtkos 7.0 - Burn at low rate - I burned at 2x

2) Selected the following packages during installation

• Chameleon 2

• DSDT patch

• Apple Decrypt

• SMBBIOS EFI AIR

• Disabler

• Both the packages for GT200 (the other was EVGA if I remember correctly)

• Intel Speedstep - Voodoo Power

• Intel SATA/IDE - ICHX

• Sound - Voodoo HDA

• PS/2 Apple driver

• Zydas USB (external wireless as Intel 5100 Wifi is not supported)

Needless to say some of the package selection will vary depending upon your system.

After reboot, installed the XDarwin package attached in this thread and rebooted, the graphics worked like a charm :D

Will write a detailed post over the weekend, currently setting up rest of the system ! Catch me on IRC or here for questions till then (though I am a newbie myself :hysterical: )

-Rock

Hello rockingturtle,

have you got a NVidia GeForce G105M on your Acer Aspire?

I'm looking for a better driver than G200, I still have problems with it.

If you can explane me how you done all that, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

Nic

Hi, guys.

I just follow Music.Leecher's way and I can install successfully to my Acer Aspire 4937G laptop which has geforce G105M (512MB).

It's running 10.6 Snow Leopard under 32bit mode, can't run under 64bit mode (get black screen).

Update:

I only use boot loader option <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>y</string> and remove any injection.

Guess what? I got fully QE/CI support, VGA output correct and screen detecting work.

Could you please explain step by step how to do it.. I have an ACER Aspire 5738Z with that same graphic card in Snow Leopard and i can't use that method.. I put that string into com.apple.boot.plist and nothing changes... Im desperated to get it to work with HDMI out!!!

Ps: Sorry for the bad english! :rolleyes:

@Jam_Tha_Dj

Sorry for the delay response.

Please use Chameleon 2 RC3 and add boot loader option <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>y</string>

into the com.apple.Boot.plist.

Remember do not use any NV injection, that's it.

I don't try other boot loader like PCEFI or BootThink. Please only use Chameleon to try it.

Hi, guys.

Update:

I'm really happy that someone make the effort o get this graphic card card work under SL!

@Lazetime

You really saved me some time of research and testing!

You'll juast have to search for a way of updating my 10.5.8 to 10.6.0 without having to loose any thing!

Hi Guys,

Can anyone attach NVEnabler from iAtkos distro.

UPDATE: I don't need NVEnabler because my card (GeForce G105M) works without any kext in SL but i have to boot with -pci0, otherwise QE/CI doesn't work.

UPDATE2: It works fine without -pci0 on boot, but restart and shutdown doesn't work, if i remove graphics enabler from com.apple.boot.plist, restart and shutdown works fine.

UPDATE3: After few restarts of computer QE/CI stopped to work and resolution back to normal and i had to boot with -pci0 and everything works fine again. Very strange...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

@Seaghost

I would like to help ya but I didn't have any contact with SL, but I'm now making my way to it, as soon as I get it, and with all working I'll report to everyone as soon as I can!

hello, i have a GT130M, i got mine working with QE/CI using the following

http://netkas.org/?p=104

http://netkas.org/?p=109#comments (look for the fixed drivers)

and adding device id in both NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

GT130M is based on G96 chip family, i don't know about 105M, but it worth a try.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Works but i get an shutdown error on my asus k70io with GF GT120M!! Any help??

@Seaghost

I would like to help ya but I didn't have any contact with SL, but I'm now making my way to it, as soon as I get it, and with all working I'll report to everyone as soon as I can!

I think i fixed problem, after installing DSDT patch, but first time after installing system, i have to boot with -pci0 and after that it seems everything works fine.

So, Today I finally managed to get SL into my Laptop, it really gave me a headache...

I tried to follow this tutorial but, installing the OS X over an existing OS X (10.5.8) and It resulted In a kernel panic everytime I tried to boot after the instalation... Tryed to format the partition where I had OS X installed and do a fresh install of SL didn't work either, kernel panic again... I tryed to boot with these flags: -v; -f; -x86; -v -x86; -f -x86; but didn't change a thing, the kernel panic just contiuem to come boot after boot, so I wiped out all my partion table (that was GUID) and done a new one just with two partitions (previously there was 3 but, now there are just 2, GUID partition table too) and it went as previously, aparently smooth (it always came with an error at the end saying that it couldn't bless the hard drive and set it as boot drive but that's not a problem it's just because we don't have a boot loader), after all that runned the boot loader that was in my Pen, booted my SL partition and this time it went just PERFECT, no problem at all, and even the sound was working(!), after going to the Welcome screen I started to realise what was good and what wasn't...

My graphics card isn't working correctly, but I haven't tried my HDMI port neither my VGA port. In Sytem profiler I have:

[b]Display:[/b]

Type:				  GPU

Bus:					PCIe

PCIe Lane Width:   x16

VRAM (Total):	   32MB

Vendor:			   NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID:			0x06ec

Revision ID:		  0x00a1

Displays:

[b]Display:[/b]

Resolution:	   1024x768

Pixel Depth:	  32-bit Color (ARG8888)

Main Display:	Yes

Mirror:			 Off

Online:			 Yes

My Ethernet is working just fine, but my wireless isn't.

Now I can use USB Legacy Suport enabled (in BIOS) without having the OS X frozen when trying to boot or having kernel panics.

Another issue is the Power Management, as it isn't showing information about the batery.

Apart from these issues I didn't find any other!

Now I will install a boot loader, and try what Seaghost posted about having the G 105M working fully with QE/CL~!

Hi, guys.

Update:

Ive tried the same thing with my Aspire 5738g but it doesnt work! Please help!

Try to boot with -pci0 only first time and it should work.

Thanks for your help! It works now! I dont know if it really was the -pci0 command or my current setup with leo and snow leo on 2 partitions which chameleon seemed not to handle well..

@Seaghost

I think I finally could really manage to get my laptop to get along with 10.6(.1), but I had some trouble at first..

I tried that code: <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>y</string>; and though I got my graphic card working (VGA port is working now, but still don't know about the HDMI port, I haven't had the time for that) In system profiler it says nothing about QE it doesn't show that's supported neither that isn't supported... But I won't worry about that for now... Later when I install Adobe Master Suite and iLife 09'.

---------------

I managed to get my Wireless card working, just picked the kext I used in 10.5.8 and used Kext Helper to install it and done!

The power management issue was solved too, but it has a little issue it doesn't recognizes charger pluged or not pluged, I'll try to download a better power management(as the one I used was the VoodooPowerManagement.kext from iAtkos v7) and report later.

I now do get the right info in the <about this mac>, used OSX86Tools to automatically get my CPU info.

@Music.Leecher

I have Acer Extensa 5635G model, for me in SL everything works fine except wireless (Intel 5100) and Ethernet (Atheros 8131/8132). VGA output works fine with external display, unfortunately i don't have HDMI output so i cannot confirm if it works or not. I have fully working kext for battery management.

@Jam_Tha_Dj

Sorry for the delay response.

Please use Chameleon 2 RC3 and add boot loader option <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>y</string>

into the com.apple.Boot.plist.

Remember do not use any NV injection, that's it.

I don't try other boot loader like PCEFI or BootThink. Please only use Chameleon to try it.

Thanks for your answer... It works with my graphic card in snow leopard with the chameleon bootloader and without injection... I didn't try the VGA and the HDMI ports because I don't have time... But when I install the Chameleon 2 RC3, my wireless card dosen't work... anyone knows what can be causing this?? I really wanna use that bootloader and that string but I need the airport... I'm currently using the first method with the XDarwin 9800GX2 kext but when my snow boots up i have to sleep display to have that smooth effect when you open spaces or dashboard... if someone could help me it will be really good :(

:: If you can't understand something please ask me and I will try to explaine better!!

Thanks everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any solution for 10.5.8 lite ideneb and GeForce G 105M? I have a hp pavilion dv3t!

Please help... Enabler_for_ati_and_multiple_ati_card is causing a black screen!

---

UPDATE: SUCCESS 10.5.8!!!!! Installed GT 200 Drivers. PERFECT FULLY WORKING! QE/CI fully supported.

1) Install Enabler_for_ati_and_multiple_ati_card

2) Install GT 200 Drivers using install disc, i used ideneb 10.5.8 lite.

Next Step: Wireless 5100 :P