NVIDIA GEFORCE G 105M Support

Jesus.Franco

132 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I have an 9300GS and its working with this method:

- Install the EVGA GTX285 fixed drivers with the Mac Pro check removed

- Reboot

- Install NVinstaller V.52

Give it a try (but use it over a clean system)

--------

visit my new guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155318

Hope someone can try it so we can see if that works too for this graphic card!

Has I now have mine working and am a bit loaded with work I won't test it, for now, maybe later on after my hollidays I'll do a TM backup and get up to testing again! :(

Hope someone posts more methods so I can do more than one testing!

After all the testing I think I'll make a guide too! :(

This doesn't work only for the 105M, it was tested working with 103M (the original guide that ypyean found was done for the 103M but someone tested in the 105M using the method I've wrote here too) so it will help even more people!

Hope someone can try it so we can see if that works too for this graphic card!

Has I now have mine working and am a bit loaded with work I won't test it, for now, maybe later on after my hollidays I'll do a TM backup and get up to testing again! :thumbsup_anim:

Hope someone posts more methods so I can do more than one testing!

After all the testing I think I'll make a guide too! ;)

This doesn't work only for the 105M, it was tested working with 103M (the original guide that ypyean found was done for the 103M but someone tested in the 105M using the method I've wrote here too) so it will help even more people!

Hello Music.Leecher, I followed your instructions and my card was recognized under the 9800GX2 name just like you said. The only problem is that even though the card appears on my system profiler I am still stuck with the same resolution, I cannot open photo both and etc... anything I am doing incorrectly?

Hello Music.Leecher, I followed your instructions and my card was recognized under the 9800GX2 name just like you said. The only problem is that even though the card appears on my system profiler I am still stuck with the same resolution, I cannot open photo both and etc... anything I am doing incorrectly?

Oh, I didn't have any problem changing resolutions...

Have you've tried your ports to see if they're working?

What graphics card do you exactly have?

Can you explain exactly what you did?

Oh, I didn't have any problem changing resolutions...

Have you've tried yourport to see if they're working?

What's your graphics card do you have?

Can you explain exactly what you did?

I have the NVIDIA GEFORCE G105M.

My VGA port is working fine to duplicate the desktop, I currently do not have the option to extend it.

I have not tested the HDMI but will post results later.

Please take a look at the documents attached and see if you have any ideas... maybe messing with the apple.boot.plist??? to enable graphics mode? I have already enabled Quartz with OSX86 tools... Please let me know if you need more information...

Thanks,

Kelvin

post-451552-1250099952_thumb.png

post-451552-1250099965_thumb.png

post-451552-1250099974_thumb.png

post-451552-1250099981_thumb.png

I have the NVIDIA GEFORCE G105M.

My VGA port is working fine to duplicate the desktop, I currently do not have the option to extend it.

I have not tested the HDMI but will post results later.

Please take a look at the documents attached and see if you have any ideas... maybe messing with the apple.boot.plist??? to enable graphics mode? I have already enabled Quartz with OSX86 tools... Please let me know if you need more information...

Thanks,

Kelvin

Do you remeber what packages did you use when installing iAtkos v7 (?), that would help too..

I think maybe can be your SMBIOS... but I really don't know well.. I say that because depending on your SMBIOS installed the information in system profiler may differ. I'll upload some pics for to see what should your laptop look after following what I've wrote.

System_profiler.tiff

about_this_mac.tiff

Hi Guys !

Got it working finally ;) ... I have an Acer 5738G and following is a quick guide on how I got things going:

1) Use iAtkos 7.0 - Burn at low rate - I burned at 2x

2) Selected the following packages during installation

• Chameleon 2

• DSDT patch

• Apple Decrypt

• SMBBIOS EFI AIR

• Disabler

• Both the packages for GT200 (the other was EVGA if I remember correctly)

• Intel Speedstep - Voodoo Power

• Intel SATA/IDE - ICHX

• Sound - Voodoo HDA

• PS/2 Apple driver

• Zydas USB (external wireless as Intel 5100 Wifi is not supported)

Needless to say some of the package selection will vary depending upon your system.

After reboot, installed the XDarwin package attached in this thread and rebooted, the graphics worked like a charm :D

Will write a detailed post over the weekend, currently setting up rest of the system ! Catch me on IRC or here for questions till then (though I am a newbie myself :) )

-Rock

Hi Guys !

Got it working finally ;) ... I have an Acer 5738G and following is a quick guide on how I got things going:

• Chameleon 2

• DSDT patch

• Apple Decrypt

• SMBBIOS EFI AIR

• Disabler

• Intel SATA/IDE - ICHX

• Sound - Voodoo HDA

• PS/2 Apple driver

Needless to say some of the package selection will vary depending upon your system.

After reboot, installed the XDarwin package attached in this thread and rebooted, the graphics worked like a charm :D

Will write a detailed post over the weekend, currently setting up rest of the system ! Catch me on IRC or here for questions till then (though I am a newbie myself :) )

-Rock

Congratulations! :D

Again, very happy to know that my testing could help! :)

Well, I got 3D acceleration working on the G105m, due to your advice, but 2D is generally slow. For example, if I drag an icon in the dock to another position, it will lag and behave slowly. This is more noticeable with magnification on. When the icons are bouncing, I also notice some lag. Am I the only one getting this? I can make a video if you want.

Well, I got 3D acceleration working on the G105m, due to your advice, but 2D is generally slow. For example, if I drag an icon in the dock to another position, it will lag and behave slowly. This is more noticeable with magnification on. When the icons are bouncing, I also notice some lag. Am I the only one getting this? I can make a video if you want.

Really?

I didn't got any problem with this, I just run everything smoothly, I tried doing tests with the OpenGl and it got good results even when putting it to the max.

I recently discovered that I cannot use my VGA port..

If I connect my 22" Display it won't turn on, just stays in power saving mode, then if I go to the system preferences/Displays and Click 'Detect Displays' my laptop display goes black, the 22" display turns on but just stays black too..

HDMI port is working perfectly, tried with my Sony Bravia, had no problem using those two methods you can use, the desktop extender and that one that duplicates your screen.

I have found a method even simpler!!!:

Install NVenabler.kext in Extra/Extensions, or in System/Library/Extensions (as you prefer)

I included it in my bootCD and it works too! I have QE/CI everytime, even during installation or first boot.

It´s the best kext for my 9300GS I have found. (thanks, Hchinasky) but it´s intended for all Nvidia cards.

Maybe it also works with your 105.

I have found a method even simpler!!!:

Install NVenabler.kext in Extra/Extensions, or in System/Library/Extensions (as you prefer)

I included it in my bootCD and it works too! I have QE/CI everytime, even during installation or first boot.

It´s the best kext for my 9300GS I have found. (thanks, Hchinasky) but it´s intended for all Nvidia cards.

Maybe it also works with your 105.

As I investigated before, (at least for me) NVenabler didn't work out for me, it just enabled my graphic card but it wouldn't detect all my VRAM, QE wasn't supported, couldn't change resolution..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

is there someone who had a succesfull install with this card? i cant seem to make it work. i have tried efi string ( i have only QuartzGL) nvinject, nvenabler and all of them. will this work in Snow Leopard?

thanks in advance

I recently discovered that I cannot use my VGA port..

If I connect my 21" Display it won't turn on, just stays in power saving mode, then if I go to the system preferences/Displays and Click 'Detect Displays' my laptop display goes black, the 21" display turns on but just black too..

I have the same problem. If i connect my external monitor when i start my notebook (aspire 4937g ) i see the apple logo boot screen (on external monitor) and when it should load into the os it loses the signal. The notebook also stays black, so i have to turn it off and on again.

As you said "Detect displays" does nothing if no external display is connected. If an external display is connected, the notebook screen turns black and noting happens (only a short sound).

also in the system profiler no screen is detected, even if connected.

did you find any solution for this?

I have the same problem. If i connect my external monitor when i start my notebook (aspire 4937g ) i see the apple logo boot screen (on external monitor) and when it should load into the os it loses the signal. The notebook also stays black, so i have to turn it off and on again.

As you said "Detect displays" does nothing if no external display is connected. If an external display is connected, the notebook screen turns black and noting happens (only a short sound).

also in the system profiler no screen is detected, even if connected.

did you find any solution for this?

No, didn't get any solution, but, for now I have now stopped with the testings...

Anyone got this working with Snow?

Though it really improves the speed of your Hackintosh, I haven't tried it (yet).

I don't know if there was already released a Upgrade version because I haven't searched it yet, I hope someone tries it before me because at this time I don't have my external HD, so I can't backup all my things and install everything to try to get it working...

Hi Guys !

Got it working finally :) ... I have an Acer 5738G and following is a quick guide on how I got things going:

• Chameleon 2

• DSDT patch

• Apple Decrypt

• SMBBIOS EFI AIR

• Disabler

• Intel SATA/IDE - ICHX

• Sound - Voodoo HDA

• PS/2 Apple driver

-Rock

hi Rock

could you give some more information about how good leos running on your laptop? does it stay cool? does lan work? i wanna buy one of these too..

I have HP Pavilion DV4T 1300 and it has Nvidia G 105m as well.

Choosing Chameleon 2 and using the default vanilla kernel, I got the 105m working perfectly just by choosing NVENABLER on iAtkos V7. I did not choose anything else regarding the GPU no driver or anything.

And this is how it looks in system profiler;

Unknown nVidia card:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x06ec

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: On

Mirror Status: Hardware Mirror

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported (Don't mind this, it is supported. It just shows unsupported when I connect external screen via HDMI. After unplugging it, it again shows supported)

Built-In: Yes

QuartzGL: Supported

HC1600:

Resolution: 1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz

Main Display: Yes

Mirror Status: Master Mirror

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Also, I am on 10.5.8 and getting dual screen on HDMI connected to a projecter right now. So, everything works just fine...

I have HP Pavilion DV4T 1300 and it has Nvidia G 105m as well.

Choosing Chameleon 2 and using the default vanilla kernel, I got the 105m working perfectly just by choosing NVENABLER on iAtkos V7. I did not choose anything else regarding the GPU no driver or anything.

And this is how it looks in system profiler;

Unknown nVidia card:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x06ec

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Mirror Status: Hardware Mirror

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported (Don't mind this, it is supported. It just shows unsupported when I connect external screen via HDMI. After unplugging it, it again shows supported)

Built-In: Yes

HC1600:

Resolution: 1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz

Main Display: Yes

Mirror Status: Master Mirror

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Also, I am on 10.5.8 and getting dual screen on HDMI connected to a projecter right now. So, everything works just fine...

good news! next step would be SL...