Linux, a marxist ideology tool? Bin Laden's OS? What about Linux making a stealth-bomber to crash?

Proteo

29 posts in this topic

This has been rolling around for a while, but I think it worths to mention here. This site, which is (apparently) of politics, has a very... interesting opinion of Linux, Unix and everything that is not from Microsoft. That is not strange by itself, but reading this kind of {censored} makes me think twice when I hear us-americans love freedom.It makes me wonder, what's freedom for people like this? (I mean people like this girl Shelley).

What's even funnier (or pathethic) is the way this girl handles criticism and facts that dont fit what she thinks is "good" and "american" in, even calling Apple a communist company and OSX a "real threat". See it by yourself:

http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/li...-computers.html

Hehe, that's one original view that the author has. I thought that the whole article is just a joke. Afterwards, when I was reading some of the comments on the site and other articles there I was not so sure anymore. If that is not a joke, then it is just sad.

Btw, the school programme that I am finishing right now; IB (International Baccalaureate) not so long ago was ruled illegal in court and prohibited in Pennsylvania. The argument was that the programme was anti-american, anti-christian and marxist. :( After something like that also this Linux article does not seem so unbelievable. Oh well, what can I say; after all I am just a red marxist anti-american antichrist that stands on the evil, cursed land of Europe. OMG :blink:

Oh, wait. I looked at the site a bit more. I refuse to believe that the site is not a joke. I mean, nobody can write like that. + they have one more analysis of Linux on that site- about half-way down. If they include there pictures such as

http://shelleytherepublican.com/uploaded_i.../twm-752045.jpg

and

http://shelleytherepublican.com/uploaded_i...ape-707679.jpeg

They just can't be serious.

This is no joke, but rather an explicit example of the nationalistic-fascism called "neo-conservatism" (aka "Neo-Cons") that has arisen in the USA with the Bush administration.

While the USA is deeply divided, we all should be very scared of these types of people as they will continue to polarize the world and fuel something like a Clash of Civilizations with Islam.

We should expect the so-called War on Terrorism never to be won but to go on indifinitely resutling in the continued significant loss of liberty and the death many innocent people.

It's horrible!

I'm very angry! I can't believe that there's stupid people like this girl on the world!

Linux a marxist ideology? Linux is the most famous product of the GNU Project, that has as ideal a very stable and free OS, unlike Windows, that costs so much and it's totally bugged. The vision of this girl is very conservatory and says that she's an ignorant, in the original sense of term, because she thinks that all the world is going to be Windowszed and Americanized. And I think that both of these things are bad for freedom and innovation. Sorry for americans of this forum, but I don't think that Europe or Asia or Africa or Oceania are bad and U.S.A. is the better state in the world only because it has a lot of money and makes a lot of inventions. Who says it is stupid and ignorant as the same of who says that Windows is the better OS in the world and UNIX/Linux/Darwin is the worse.

UNIX is the freedom. Windows is the jail of expression's freedom.

Sherry Haibara

It's clearly satire - and very funny at that.

There are so many Americans who "think" like this that it certainly is not clear.

However, looking over the blog comments, someone said that the entire site is a satire and looking at the site it may be true.

But it still is not perfectly clear to me. There are just too many other pages like this that are for real.

Even if it is satire, it certainly is not funny. America is in very sad shape. I'm looking forward to leaving.

It's horrible!

I'm very angry! I can't believe that there's stupid people like this girl on the world!

Linux a marxist ideology? Linux is the most famous product of the GNU Project, that has as ideal a very stable and free OS, unlike Windows, that costs so much and it's totally bugged. The vision of this girl is very conservatory and says that she's an ignorant, in the original sense of term, because she thinks that all the world is going to be Windowszed and Americanized. And I think that both of these things are bad for freedom and innovation. Sorry for americans of this forum, but I don't think that Europe or Asia or Africa or Oceania are bad and U.S.A. is the better state in the world only because it has a lot of money and makes a lot of inventions. Who says it is stupid and ignorant as the same of who says that Windows is the better OS in the world and UNIX/Linux/Darwin is the worse.

UNIX is the freedom. Windows is the jail of expression's freedom.

Sherry Haibara

a old friend of mine gave me this wallpaper

http://www.easylinuxcds.com/wallpapers/linux_communist.jpg

i thought it would lighten up the thread a bit.

anyways i love linux.. but i wonder if republicans in the midwest, really view linux in that sense or maybe....it's just Shelly & Tristan

• 1 month later...
"Freedom" to a conservative means the freedom to deny other people freedom. Also, it includes the freedom to be homogenous. Yay. Who wants to be like everyone else? Not I.

What a load of hooey. That's like saying freedom to a liberal is the right to say something that's outright crazy without expecting to get the elbow to the face you deserve for saying it.

Either way, the site is basically a consistent satire, much like Blame Bush. There aren't actually any people who think like that. Except maybe Pat Robertson, but everyone knows he is an alien from the planet Zebulon Eta who is so tough that nobody can stop him. So tough, in fact, that he excretes live Siberian tigers. FACT.

Let's recap. The Republican Party is the Freedom Party.

Conservatives have:

Threatened and attempted to jail reporters for doing their job.

Wiretapped people's calls without any real oversight.

Looked at international bank records without warrant.

Arrested people for suspicion of terrorist sympathies.

Attempted to prohibit (by federal amendment) {censored} people from getting married.

Attempted to prohibit burning of the United States flag, which the supreme court has help as constitutionally protected speech.

Consistently attempted to write religion into The US Code.

...to name a few...

Exactly what freedoms DO conservatives cherish?

Freedom of the press? Not hardly

Freedom of expression? As long as it's religion or nascar

Freedom of assembly? Uh...

Freedom from Unlawful Searches and Seisures? Is that a joke?

Freedom of worship? Sure, but the 10 commandments should be in the court house. You're absolutely free to be a Christian or shut up.

Conservatives are anti-freedom.

You people realize this is satire right? Or do you really think she advocates serial numbers for American flags and thinks that "The most skilled hackers call themselves "Script Kiddies" because they use Linux PHP scripts to do all their hacking". lol

The article wasn't removed it was moved into the archives. Check out the follow up on OpenBSD, its pretty funny too. (appearently open bsd is for true freedom loving americans.)

:)

You anti-republicans are so befuddled by your liberal pot-smoking leaders that you will believe anything they tell you, won't you? If anything, this site is probably made by Democrats to fool people into believing that most Republicans really think like that.

More American soldiers were killed on Omaha Beach on the first day of the D-Day invasion than have been killed during the entire War on Terrorism. People tend to ignore those kinds of things when they are talking about how "high" the death toll is.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out. And don't even think about coming back when you realize that other places are just as bad or worse.

Ill agree with him on that one, but why does he have to be hating on pot smokers? The only reasion marajuana is illegal is because you cant function as well after smoking it (ex you cant function at work on it very well) and who cares, this isnt a politics thread, its about the linux artical! :censored2:

max

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/catego...echnical/linux/

its so very, very :thumbsup_anim: sad when satire is taken seriously.

did anyone hear about that anti abortionist who quoted a ficticious person posting on the onion about how she thinks abortions are the best?

the dude took it seriously, and is STILL defending his stupidity....

http://monthlycallforlife.blogspot.com/