10.5.7 GMA950 Quartz Extreme issue

puffo123

26 posts in this topic

Solved!!

Just re-installled my intel D945GCPE (GMA950 0x2772) with iAtkos 5i using stock kernel and stock drivers and EFI string for intel enabled.. I did this even though I knew it wouldnt give true quartz extreme it only says its supported in the profiler but doesnt actually work.. this might not be necessary but I did it anyway..

Then immediately installed 10.5.7 combo update.. The after the restart the system fails to boot completely but automatically reboots again this time successfully.. not sure if this is normal but it happened the first time I tried updating also.. anyway the system is now 10.5.7..

Now to fix the GMA950 i installed this AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext using OSX86Tools.. then rebooted once more.. on startup I had real quartz extreme acceleration and full resolution changing ability.. I havnt noticed any artifacts as yet and all applications seem to be running as they should be..

I dont know where I got this kext from as I've downloaded a million kexts and driver bundles and packages etc in my efforts to get quartz extreme working again but whoever supplied this driver thank you so much..

I've also attached the stock GMA950 (10.5.7) kexts for those that need it but if you have tried as many other kext packages as I have you might be better off with a clean install as my experience was that some packages install other kexts that might give false positives in the system profiler..

Hope this helps the many others like me who struggled getting quartz extreme back after 10.5.7

A HUGE thanks to you but so huge that you don't need any thanks until the end of your life.

Why ?

'Cause it has been 3 years that i've tried to get this damn Hackintosh working on my laptop.

I was never being able to enable Quarz extreme nor use 2 Cpus, get the sound working, and so on.

It remains two minor problems that i'm wiling to fix but there is no emergency.

The first actually can't be solved because it is dealing with a exotic Wireless card and no one succeed to get it work.

But the second, i don't why it is not working anymore, i've installed your kext and driver but i'm stuck with 1024*800 and i wish to get back with 1280*1024

Any advice ?

Tx again

Abysse