10.5.7 and GMA950 on Acer Aspire One

benderkiller

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've installed update on 10.5.7 on my Acer Aspire One A110. Everything is ok, but when I install graphic driver for 10.5.6 there is only grey screen with cursor. And when I boot with this driver to Safe Mode, there is good 1024x600 Resolution. When I delete driver in Safe Mode and Normal Mode is 800x600 and no graphic driver. Where is my problem? Is any driver on my Acer Aspire one, which works well in Normal Mode?

Thank you

EDIT: I found the driver and now is everything OK:)

• 3 weeks later...

There is some incompability with the GMA950 driver and 10.5.7, you are not alone, for now, you could type:

1024x600x32x70

at boot prompt without the GMA950 kext.

Some folks are recommending not o upgrade to 10.5.7

On other rumors Apple is already seeding a RC 10.5.8 code name "Loki" hopefully to fix this bug :)

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the fix for the GMA950 and 10.5.7

http://forums.msiwind.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11311

Use pacifist to install only the video and display installs

After alot of googling.. everyone's been having success with this Gregs Wind Driver pack above.. I had quartz extreme working with my gma950 back when I had 10.5.5 but the update killed it and alot of my programs depend on quartz extreme to work.. I wana try this driver pack please but cant seem to download it as the Google Codes link is saying forbidden.. I dont know why.. I've tried every other driver I could find without success and hoping this one can help.. Can someone please upload a copy to 4shared.com or megaupload.. or any other site except rapidshare.. Please help me.. If I dont get this sorted by next week Im gonna havta re-install whole system back to 10.5.5 as I dont have time machine running and my apps need quartz extreme :)

EDIT: Nevermind.. solved it with AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (See thread:10.5.7 GMA950 Quartz Extreme issue)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hi,

I've installed update on 10.5.7 on my Acer Aspire One A110. Everything is ok, but when I install graphic driver for 10.5.6 there is only grey screen with cursor. And when I boot with this driver to Safe Mode, there is good 1024x600 Resolution. When I delete driver in Safe Mode and Normal Mode is 800x600 and no graphic driver. Where is my problem? Is any driver on my Acer Aspire one, which works well in Normal Mode?

Thank you

EDIT: I found the driver and now is everything OK:)

ERY IMPORTANT!!! I want to share with you guys my fix for getting my GMA 950 to work. Im very technical but new to the world of Mac Os X. However I was experiencing some weird artifacts and my screen glitching right after an installation of atkos 10.5.7. Not to worry, dont reboot the pc just do what I did and connect the external display to my laptop and the artifacts stopped all the glitching. Then all I did was install "OSX86tools" app and used it to install the "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext". The software restarted by itself and when it booted back up Quartz Extreme was enabled and functioning smooth with out anymore artifacts.

P.S. Also in your installation of 10.5.7 iatkos when you are installing the os under video drivers select only EFI and GMA950 under Intel and select either "Desktop" or "Rare" but not both with the GMA 950 driver selected.

P.S.S You know that your setup went correctly if after you restarted the computer after OS installation and you see the black and purple video playing back with music, but if it goes directly to you having to enter in Choosing a country and location then your Quart Extreme is not enabled and you might want to reinstall the OS choosing the correct video driver until you see the video playback or at least the video with artifacts then you can use my methods above to fix it.