• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

geticus

geticus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi everybody and thank a lot for all this great stuff.

I have a DWA-140 and the installation was without problem, but the connection to the internet is very very slow. I'm very close to the source, I can see 100% for the signal.
I used .drift's link ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/Czech/DWA-125/driver_s...AC_v2.3.8.0.zip for the driver

Any idea ?

Greatings

Apisite

Apisite

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks a lot for this issued.

Ok! works with me , R60 + Leopard but found that low signal wireless level than use with WinXP
I used SMCWUSBS-N3 (RT2870) in same range compare if on WinXP detect level for 100%,
My Leopad can receive signal ony 65~80%.
Can we improve for this problem?, pls. help me too.

Yaritm

Yaritm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
how to add the airport icon to the menubar using this program?

bla'cappuccino

bla'cappuccino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I used SMCWUSBS-N3 (RT2870)

Can u upload the files that u used to configure ur SMCWUSB-N3, please!

The posted links are dead! :(

PS: I running Snow Leopard 10.6.4

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
@ Apisite: cross-OS signal strength level comparisons are NOT representative! You need to measure real/ actual THROUGHPUT with a Download Manager which is capable of several (i.e. 4) parallel segments for several minutes. I use DownThemAll Add-On for Firefox in Windows, OS X and Ubuntu and dl i.e. Windows XP SP3 Network Installation 316MB because it is extremely well-spread over an array of multiple servers.

uninc

uninc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
anyone with a working f5d8055 usb mind sharing their plist devids?

the dongle is listed as working with the RT2870 driver, but i cant seem to get it working.

ive tried jadrans w aquamacs patch, the ralink drivers, the new dlink driver. changed the ids to 33,825 and/or 32,825- both not working.

nofxcwb

nofxcwb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

New Driver (v2.0.6.0) and Ralink Configuration utility (v2.3.8.0):
Download from D-Link site - ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/Czech/DWA-125/driver_s...AC_v2.3.8.0.zip

Thanks a lot Skvo!

Works flawlessly with TP-Link TL-WN321G. Not sure exactly which chipset it uses but the driver is: RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext.

nofxcwb

nofxcwb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Almost forgot to mention, Ralink software was slower and worse, was constantly using between 10 and 20% of both cores of my processor!

As others have already stated, this software is really AWESOME.

efimac

efimac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

The download file seems to be removed. Anybody has another site available for download?

Thks

nofxcwb

nofxcwb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I'm trying to attach here, not sure if it will work as this is my first post with an attachment.

Attached File  DWA_125_A2_for_MAC_v2.3.8.0.zip   3.35MB   336 downloads

Mark1995

Mark1995

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
How do you get the airport bars using this program? I only get a percentage.

nofxcwb

nofxcwb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

You don't get them. This software doesn't integrate with airport system. There seems to be some out there claiming that they do, but I've never seen one that really works, as this works very well I'll stick with it for a good time.

In time: you can quit the "percentage" display in the top bar, this will free up system resources and won't affect the wireless connection.

ThatGuyBenz

ThatGuyBenz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm new to the whole hackintosh world.

My hackintosh is running Snow Leopard (10.6.5) and it's 64-bit I believe.

I have an Asus USB-N13 (Newegg) and I'd like to get it to work with this application.

I got the application up and running with the N13, but I still can't connect to the internet via Safari.

In the network preferences menu it says "802.11 n WLAN has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet."

I would appreciate any assistance.

prestont123

prestont123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I installed mac osx onto my gateway netbook pc its kalyway 10.5 and i went out and bought my self a tp-link wn321g usb wirless adapter and installed the drivers and it still doesnt work any help ?

ThatGuyBenz

ThatGuyBenz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I got the application up and running with the N13, but I still can't connect to the internet via Safari.

Nevermind, I got it sorted out.

It turns out that I had to adjust my wireless router's WEP settings.

TequilaKez

TequilaKez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
This is working for me in 10.6.4 with a Tenda W322U V2.0 (RT3072) but with a couple of issues.

1. Doesn't reconnect automatically on login. Have to access the control panel and manually activate a profile or replug the device to connect.

2. Is there any way of determining the wifi link speed? Network Utility shows 0 Mbit/s and the "TX Speed" display from the ralink drivers is missing. I had the ralink offical driver installed and I couldn't get it to connect above 54Mbps even though it is a 300Mbps 802.11n card. I was hoping this driver might be better but I can't see any way to check.

nofxcwb

nofxcwb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I recall it took me sometime to get it working properly as well. The best thing is to start clean, you have to get rid of any Ralink software and startup items, leave just the kext in the S/L/E.
After that install the prefPane I've attached in the previous message.
It is working ok for me, the only drawback is that it takes around 30 seconds to connect after SO startup and it doesn't display anything before 20-25 seconds. This might be happening to you, or it is not starting at all, what happened to me also when there were some "remains" of other wireless softwares.

As for the connection speed I really don't have a clue as mine one is much slower and old-fashioned than yours.

AlanAJ

AlanAJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

New Driver (v2.0.6.0) and Ralink Configuration utility (v2.3.8.0)

Thanks.That works perfectly. Auto startup too.

dino7777

dino7777

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hello,

so does Preferences Plane now work in 64bit?
Cheers

TequilaKez

TequilaKez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ok does connect at startup after a small delay. Throws iChat out which complains about no internet connection after a reboot but that's no biggy.

Still can't seem to get a connection above 54bmps. I have a 802.11g dlink pci card (atheros) which was working great as airport extreme with device id's but it wasn't fast enough to stream 720p movies over the network. So I upgraded my router to 802.11n and bought a this Tenda W322U USB (300mbps 802.11n Ralink 3072) as there were offical ralink drivers for 10.6.

Works great in Windows 7, connects to my router at 300mbps but It will only connect at 54mbps with the ralink drivers.

Can anyone report connecting to 802.11n networks with and of the ralink devices in snow leopard?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy