Driver for Mobility Radeon HD2400XT (DevID:0x94c8)

Ravester

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an Acer TravelMate5520G equiped with the HD2400XT, after a few days of struggle I managed to install iDeneb v1.4 on it, but it seems that there is no driver for the VGA.

I know that this VGA is present on a lot of Acer, Asus and Toshiba laptops and a lot of people are searching for a solution to make this card work.

Let's put our heds toether and come up with a solution, maby some of the guys that made the drivers for the other ATI cards well help us.

By "making this card work" i mean on the internal display, from my point of view, a driver that only let's you use an external display isn't good enough, come on, it's a laptop... i don't want to use an external display I want to use the internal one.

What where you able to do so far?

What kext's did you use?

What tutorial did you flollow?

And so on...

If anyone has a driver, I can test it!

My system specs:

CPU: Turion TL-58

North Bridge: AMD RS690M

South Bridge: ATI SB600

VGA: Mobility Radeon HD2400XT (DevID:0x94c8)

VGA Specs:

BUS Type: PCI Express 1.0 x16 @ x16

GPU Code Name: M74

Memory Size: 256MB

GPU Clock: 300Mhz

RAMDAC Clock: 400Mhz

Pixel Pipelines: 4

TMU Per Pipeline: 1

Unified Shaders: 40 (v4.0)

DirectX Hardware Support: DirectX v10

Pixel Fillrate: 1188 MPixel/s

Texel Fillrate: 1188 MPixel/s

Memory Bus Properties

Bus Type: DDR2

Bus Width: 64-bit

Real Clock: 400Mhz (DDR)

Effective Clock: 800Mhz

Bandwith: 6336MB/s

If anyone needs more info just ask!

It's a hardware component like any other, if it works on the external display... it has to work on the internal one to, i know it's connected via DVI but, it should, in theory, work!

No it dont.. and the reson is how the internel display is connected to the chip and that aint DVI it is LVDS and the apple drivers dont support LVDS... it is the same problem on all other mobility cards.. there are simply no drivers from ATI that support that in osx.. so it wont work and there is nothing there can be done.. (And it have been tested) So ether use external display or if you want a laptop with working internal screen then get one with a nvidia card.