HINT: GIGABYTE BIOSes with newest+fast AHCI-BIOS included

69 posts in this topic

HINT:

AHCIBios-part (1.06 out of 2006! vs V1.20E ) within the Gigabyte BIOS is very old (2006)- so it takes long to boot (10 sec more AHCI than IDE Mode).

Since past weeks GA started to include an much newer AHCI BIOS-part in their BIOSes (also in Betas).

Here is an special Site with all that newest beta BIOSes included AHCI V1.20E. Check Board type excat - dont load + flash for wrong board.

http://forum.gigabyte.de/forumdownload/bet...s/betabios2.htm

This beta bios list get updated much more often then the orig. BIOS DL site from ga - so you can check it every week. Lots of bioses got updated in the past 2 weeks.

I would use always the buildin GA QFLASH bios flashing (enter BIOS and use F-Key shown for QDOS.

Before that copy the new BIOS to an USB Stick (FAT) and in the QFLASH Menue select HD and then the USB-HD is shown. (EDIT: Added an link to an step by step how to in pictures for QFLASH using some postings below.

My GA-EP35_DS3 boots much much faster now using AHCI native.

Before it takes at least 10 Sec longer.

AHCI itself is working as before (sure, there are some bugfixes also within that newer AHCI BIOS-part).

A MUST !! (really):

Do an "Load optimized defaults.." after the BIOS update.

If not some RAM Timings may be wrong / other as shown. System may get instable / OC didnt work anymore.../ Ram Timings getting slow

Nothing to do with AHCI, do always that with GA Bios updates.

GA will, for my knowledge not update at least older BIOSes to an "final".

So P35/P48 Boards can use that "beta" with no problem, because there will be no more finals for those boards. Beta it for them final.

Can any german speakers/readers tell me what the note associated with the P35-DQ6 bios says exactly? From online translation it seems to say that it still includes the 1.07 code because the 1.2 code causes some errors with removable drives but it's not crystal clear.

Thanks,

SMF

Where can I find update for EP45-UD3R?

If not in this list, stay tuned.

The AHCI BIOS part updates come for all - time after time.

Some newest Mainboards (P45/X48/X58) with newest "normal" BETA (the Betas from GA Main BIOS DL site) have already 1.20E AHCI !

You dont need it then.

Simple check if you have the AHCI BIOS Version shown 1.20E (=new) or 1.06 / 1.07 (=OLD) at boottime.

The actual Beta for the GA-EP45-DQ6 doesn't contain any new AHCI-BIOS. Still very long boot time. :-(

EDIT:

A mod in the german GA-Forums announced that GA will Update all mainboard with P45 chipset and up, starting with the newest ones. Thread is from march: click for thread

Anyone tried flashing their p35-ds3l yet to see if the new achi is included?

As in the beta list for P35-DS3L "Wichtiger Hinweis (ger) = Information (eng)" shown, AHCI 1.20E (new and fast booting) is included in the F9D BIOS.

Why haven't Gigabyte release these on their official site?

For my knowledge they started to undate that AHCI Part only by pressure of users complaining the slow AHCI boot process (old AHCI bios drivers) .

And because they have do a lot of work (lots of bioses to update).

So GA will update their main DL site later, when they get more bioses updated.

For my knowledge they started to undate that AHCI Part only by pressure of users complaining the slow AHCI boot process (old AHCI bios drivers) .

And because they have do a lot of work (lots of bioses to update).

So GA will update their main DL site later, when they get more bioses updated.

Bummer no EX58-UD3R drivers... am using the latest and AHCI is 1.07

This new board gets biosupdates for "normal" fixes also. So maybe they must fix urgent things first before AHCI 1.20E will be included. I think in the next 2-4 weeks near all boards will have 1.20E.

Well color me surprised! Just checked again and there is a new version of my bios - P35-DQ6 (9D) - so it does look like they are making their way through updates. As of a day or so ago the latest was version 9C without AHCI 1.20. I'll load it tonight and report back.

UPDATE: Installed and I've joined the it boots amazingly fast club - no lag waiting for AHCI BIOS now.

SMF

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

in the past 2 days lots of new Beta BIOSes (with AHCI 1.20E ) for perhaps also YOUR mb type came up and also a few of them (before beta AHCI) got FINAL (with AHCI 1.20E) and are available.

In case of finals you can also check the main GA BIOS site.

But first take a look on the newest BIOS Link (that gigabyte.forum...) Site from my post #1.

Have fun - and join the fast booting AHCI club ! :o